16 Best Computer Monitors Under $300
You may not have thought about what a difference a high-quality computer monitor can make in your life. Additionally, you might think that you don’t “need” a monitor – after all, you have a laptop. However, owning a high-quality monitor is essential for maximizing your productivity.
Plus, as we delve further and further into the digital age, having a monitor that suits your needs – whether that be quality of the image, reducing eye strain, or providing extended viewing for multiple projects – is vital. But don’t go making an impulse purchase just yet. You’ll want to do some research and make sure you’re buying a monitor that suits your needs!
Clever Sequence is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission for referring you.
Here are the best computer monitors under $300
We’ve broken it down based on the types of needs you may have, so you can find the best computer monitors under $300 that best fits you.
Display Size: 28 inches | Refresh Rate: 60 Hertz | Resolution: 4K UHD 2160p | Response Time (GTG): 1 ms | Panel Type: TN
- It features a 4k resolution, making it even easier on the eyes and perfect for using all day while you are gaming or in the office. Lastly, it adjusts to the room’s brightness automatically, meaning you don’t have to take the time to find the perfect brightness setting while you work.
- This monitor has a 1ms response time and a 60-hertz fresh rate, meaning you’ll almost never experience screen flickering. It helps keep your eyes alert and reduces the chance you’ll develop eyestrain headaches.
- You can adjust the monitor angle as needed. This way, you’re able to ensure that you can see, no matter what adjustments you need to make to your sitting position throughout the workday.
- The monitor has built-in speakers, reducing the eternal desk space clutter. Additionally, it has both display port and HDMI connections, so that you can connect the monitor to several different types of computers without the need for adaptors.
Display Size: 23.5 inches | Refresh Rate: 60 Hertz | Resolution: FHD 1080i | Response Time: 4 ms | Panel Type: VA
- The monitor boasts a 4ms response time, with AMD Free Sync. These features reduce the chances of stutter and visual lag, allowing you to see more clearly and effectively keep your focus on work.
- The monitor has a display port and HDMI connection, meaning the monitor will work with several different connection choices.
- One feature built-in to this monitor that makes it stand out as one of the best computer monitors under $300 is the eye saver mode. It reduces blue light and almost eliminates flickering from the monitor, keeping your eyes well-rested and protected.
- It has a 3000 to 1 contrast ratio, which creates vivid whites and real, dark blacks. Given the fact it is a curved monitor, it’s not necessarily best for a dual-monitor setup. However, it helps keep you focused on your work in a natural and productive way. Overall, it’s one of the best computer monitors under $300 that curves naturally in this way.
Display Size: 27 inches | Refresh Rate: 75 Hertz | Resolution: FHD 1080p | Response Time: 1 ms | Panel Type: IPS
- It has a 178-degree viewing angle, making it easy for you to view it no matter where you’re sitting. Even better, though, is its 1920 x 1080 IPS display, giving you crisp, clear images on your screen. It’s actually one of the driving factors that makes it one of the best computer monitors under $300.
- This monitor includes HDMI, display and VGA ports – making it the perfect universal solution for your home office or for using it in the workplace. Additionally, it has an audio-in cable to create a quick and simple audio solution.
- The 1ms response time and 75-hertz refresh rate help ensure your visuals are high-quality and easy on the eyes. Therefore, it will ensure you will experience less eye strain and reduce your risk of electronics-induced headaches.
- Combined with the high-resolution compatibility, this monitor uses AMD Radeon FreeSync technology, making visual transitions smoother and providing you with minimal flickers and lag.
Thanks to its wide viewing angle of 178-degrees and the 1920 x 1080 resolution, this is one of the best 27-inch office monitors under $300. One of my favorite things about it is that it offers patented eye-care and uses functionalities specifically for extended use. For instance, the screen automatically adjusts brightness for comfortable viewing. Additionally, it reduces blue light using innovative technology while simultaneously eliminates flicker. It’s one of the best computer monitors for all-day use, making it perfect for your home office or the workplace.
Display Size: 27 inches | Refresh Rate: 60 Hertz | Resolution: FHD 1080p | Response Time: 5 ms | Panel Type: IPS
- The monitor stand features an integrated cable management system, perfect for keeping your desk neat and organized by collecting and organizing wire clutter.
- This monitor features a slim, edge to edge bezel design.
- The built-in speaker keeps you from having to plug in headphones or wire in external speakers. Additionally, it also includes both an HDMI port and a display port option, giving you multiple ways to connect this monitor to your personal or work computer.
Best Computer Monitors Under $300
How Do I Choose a Good Monitor?
Choosing a good monitor, ultimately, will depend upon what you’re looking for from your monitor. For instance, if you care about high-definition and crisp, clear images, you might be interested in getting a monitor with 4K resolution. Additionally, you’ll want to make sure the monitor you choose is compatible with your computer. Some computers do not have HDMI outputs, for instance. Therefore, you’ll want to check and see what ports your computer has to get a monitor that’s good for you.
From there, it’s really about personal preferences. You might want a monitor with a lower refresh rate (most people like to buy ones that have a 1ms refresh rate, but 4ms or lower is considered “standard” for most monitors.) Additionally, choosing a monitor with features to reduce eye strain is also essential if you’ll use it for several hours or more on a relatively consistent basis. These are the primary factors in what makes a monitor good, and they’re what you should consider when trying to pick the best computer monitor under $300.
When it comes to the best computer monitors under $300, this one is one of my favorites for the office. It earns that title thanks to its numerous features. For instance, it has a relatively small frame, making it perfect for creating a multiple monitor screen setup.
Display Size: 32 inches | Refresh Rate: 60 Hertz | Resolution: QHD Wide 1440p | Response Time: 3 ms | Panel Type: IPS
- Thanks to its flexible design, there are several different ways you can connect this monitor. It includes HDMI ports, display ports, and VGA inputs. With these, you can connect your monitor in the way that works best for you. Plus, it has an audio in and out port for achieving the best listening experience.
- The monitor has a 2K resolution. It’s perfect for long-term sessions – and you’ll never have to worry about image ghosting thanks to its high refresh rate.
- You can mount this monitor with any VESA-compatible mounting system, making it easy to remove from the stand and use it on a monitor mount.
- It uses flicker-free technology and blue light filtering to reduce eye strain and fatigue when you’re working for hours at a time. Lastly, with its large size, you can easily split the monitor into different screens for multitasking. Fun fact, traders love big computer monitors.
Definitely, this is one of the best computer monitors under $300, it has a ton of awesome features. For instance, this monitor boasts a 0.5 ms refresh rate at 165-hertz. Therefore, the graphics are exceptionally quick to load. In fact, it uses NVIDIA G-Sync to ensure there is no disconnect or lag between the monitor and the graphics card for fast, clear, and stutter-free game displays. This feature is available both through display port and HDMI connections.
Display Size: 27 inches | Refresh Rate: 165 hertz | Resolution: FHD 1080p Ultra Wide | Response Time: 0.5 ms | Panel Type: TN
- Another feature of the Asus monitor is extremely low motion blur technology, which reduces motion blur on-screen. It works with the G-Sync mentioned above to create crisp, smooth transitions.
- This monitor is perfect for marathon gamers. ASUS utilizes Eye Care Technology, which helps limit blue light emissions and reduces eye strain. Plus, the included stand has a full range of motion to allow you to make any needed adjustments on the fly.
- The included 2-watt stereo speakers provide full sound and eliminate your need for external speakers, reducing wire clutter on your desk.
- Overall, it provides you top-notch visuals for almost any game, making it an easy pick for one of the best computer monitors under $300.
Display Size: 27 inches | Refresh Rate: 165 hertz | Resolution: QHD Wide 1440p | Response Time: 1 ms | Panel Type: VA
- The monitor has a curved design, perfect for the gamer looking for realistic emersion in their favorite games. Thanks to this monitor’s innovative design, it’s rated HDR-ready, meaning you can load up your favorite games on maximum graphic settings with relative ease. Lastly, take advantage of the 1ms refresh rate for near-seamless transitions from one screen to the next.
- This monitor uses AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, virtually eliminating lag and ghosting, often resulting from communication overlap between the screen and the graphics card. You’ll see crisp, clear images, even in the most fast-paced games.
- Included are two 2-watt speakers for perfect stereo sound. They’re also great for listening to music and regular business meetings. It’s one of the best computer monitors thanks to universal adaptions like this.
- Designed to reduce and filter blue light, this monitor is exceptionally easy on the eyes. It won’t cause eye strain or desk fatigue, meaning you can marathon game all day long if you so desire. We do recommend taking breaks every hour if possible.
One of my favorite things about this monitor is that it combines a 144-hertz refresh rate with a 1ms response time – meaning you’ll never notice any sort of graphical lag while you play. It’s why we chose it as one of the best gaming monitors. It doesn’t stutter like other monitors would when under pressure to perform.
Display Size: 27 inches | Refresh Rate: 144 hertz | Resolution: FHD 1080p | Response Time: 4 ms | Panel Type: VA
- The curved design really makes you feel like you’re a part of the game, taking your experiences to the next level. It’s super comfortable for daily tasks and marathon gaming, making it a great choice for our list of best computer monitors under $300.
- This monitor is compatible with NVIDIA G-Sync, allowing the monitor output and the graphics card to communicate in harmony. You’ll notice your gameplay is highly fluid and looks natural, with no flickering due to high refresh rates and no distracting graphical distortions.
- Capable of connecting via HDMI or display port, this monitor can communicate via the G-Sync with either option. These connections ensure you’ll see smooth graphic transitions throughout the day. Plus, these high-quality graphics feature blue light blocking technology to eliminate eye strain.
- Included in the display drivers for this monitor are three pre-made settings for FPS Counter, Timer, and Dark Stabilizer. Therefore, you can easily set your monitor settings to optimal viewing standards for any game.
Given the high-quality, 1920 x 1080 resolution and 1ms refresh rate, you’ll never see ghosting or screen flickering with this monitor. While this is one of the smaller monitors on our list, coming in at only 23.6″, it provides quality graphics that ensure you’re able to fight against the best of them in any videogame.
Display Size: 23.6 inches | Refresh Rate: 165 hertz | Resolution: FHD 1080p | Response Time: 1 ms | Panel Type: TN
- it’s one of the best computer monitors under $300 for connecting additional screens, allowing you to have the perfect multi-screen setup for streaming or chatting with your friends on your favorite game messaging platform.
- The monitor comes with a display port connection and two HDMI connections, allowing you to wire the monitor as you need for the best graphics. With two HDMI ports, it becomes easy to wire additional monitors for multi-screen viewing.
- Using AMD Radeon FreeSynch technology, the monitor reduces flickering, ghosting images and other graphic distortions that would otherwise be distracting while you game. This way, you’ll stay emersed in the game and be able to keep up with the competition.
- Acer VisionCare, included with this monitor, helps limit and filter blue light emissions, making it perfect for marathon gaming. You won’t have to worry about eye strain and fatigue when using this monitor.
Gamers looking for the perfect, high-quality and long-lasting gaming experience may have just found the perfect monitor with this pick. It provides a resolution of 2560 x 1440 and a refresh rate of 144-hertz, alongside the 4 ms latency, creating a lightening-quick display.
Display Size: 32 inches | Refresh Rate: 144 hertz |
Resolution: QHD Wide 1440p | Response Time: 4 ms | Panel Type: VA
- The colors on this monitor are deep and rich. Combine this with the monitor’s curved design and you’ll find that you feel like you could reach out and touch the objects on the screen in front of you. Plus, Viotek has a zero-tolerance dead pixel policy, so you’ll never have to worry about dead zones on your screen.
- The monitor takes advantage of AMD FreeSync technology to ensure you experience no ghosting or screen flickering due to the monitor’s processing speed versus your graphics card. You’ll never have to worry about distorted graphics with this monitor.
- There are several different connection ports for this monitor, allowing you to turn your screen into a desktop command center. You can connect additional monitors using one of the three HDMI ports, connect directly to your computer using the display port, and wire speakers or headsets through the available audio-out port.
Looking for an affordable gaming solution that provides the high-quality graphics you need to succeed at a price point that won’t break the bank? We’ve got you. This pick for one of our best computer monitors under $300 is both affordable and functional.
Display Size: 24 inches | Refresh Rate: 144 hertz | Resolution: FHD 1080p | Response Time: 1 ms | Panel Type: TN
- There are several ways you can hook this monitor up to allow it to reach its maximum potential. It includes connections for display port, dual-link DVI-D, and HDMI ports. It’s highly adjustable, as well, allowing you to customize your gaming experience throughout the day to reduce eye strain and computer fatigue.
- The monitor features a 1ms response time, virtually eliminating ghosting and screen lag. It allows you to make sure you keep up with the best of the best. Plus, you won’t experience screen flicker, meaning you’ll strain your eyes less and be able to use your monitor more.
- It uses color vibrance and black equalizer technology to provide you with rich colors and true, dark blacks. In doing so, you’ll experience more immersive and realistic gameplay, allowing you to really feel like part of the action.
- The included stand allows you to make adjustments to the monitor as needed, giving you customized viewing angles for perfect precision in each game.
Best Computer Monitors Under $300
Is A 240-hertz Refresh Rate Worth It Compared to the 144-hertz Refresh Rate?
Realistically speaking, the 144-hertz refresh rate is incredibly fast – fast enough that you won’t see much, if any, graphical blur from movement. However, the 240-hertz refresh rate almost guarantees that you’ll never see any blur or screen flickers at all. If you’re determined not to experience graphic lag, it’s worth it. But, it’s definitely not mandatory and you likely won’t notice much of a difference between the two.
Are Curve Monitors Worth It?
There are several advantages of curved monitors that make them worth the investment if you have the option. The biggest selling point involves the feeling of immersion and the natural viewing angles of the monitor itself. These monitors follow the natural gaze, allowing you to strain your eyes less and feel as though you’re truly in the game.
Do Pro Players Use Curved Monitors?
Many professional gamers use curved monitors for a variety of reasons. The primary reason is that it is highly immersive. If you’re looking for a viewing solution that helps you limit distractions and create a realistic playing experience, it’s a great choice. You can accomplish this in other ways, though, so if it’s not for you, that’s fine, too.
A perfect computer monitor for graphic design and video editing. It features color calibration, ensuring your edits come out color correct. The calibration compares screen colors to the International Color Standard, ensuring you have the brightest, most crisp display possible. It’s the perfect monitor for adding those small, finishing touches to any picture or video.
Display Size: 24.1 inches | Refresh Rate: 75 hertz | Resolution: UXGA Wide | Response Time: 5 ms | Panel Type: IPS
- The monitor is equipped with several different connectivity options, allowing you to see the image and clearly capture each individual detail. You can connect it via HDMI port, display port and D-sub.
- Additionally, it has an audio-in and earphone jack for video editing. Lastly, there are four included USB 3.0 ports. These ports are perfect for audio review. The included USB ports are fast and allow you to quickly and easily load content to your computer to edit.
- ASUS QuickFit Virtual Scale comes pre-installed on this monitor’s display drivers. It allows you to overlay a grid on the screen so you can visualize a picture’s actual size before you print it.
- When you go to make the magic happen during the editing process, you’ll understand why this is one of the best computer monitors under $300 on the market right now.
Display Size: 24 inches | Refresh Rate: 60 hertz | Resolution: FHD 1080p | Response Time: 8 ms | Panel Type: IPS
- The monitor will automatically adjust the screen brightness based on your viewing environment, ensuring you’ll never have to worry about your images or video unintentionally looking washed out. With adjustable viewing angles, too, you can ensure your edits are perfect before you send them off.
- Though the screen features a 6ms response time, it has a high-powered resolution of 1920 x 1200 for enhanced graphics and colors. The screen refreshes at 60-hertz, meaning you’ll always see high-definition colors and minor details without excessive flickering or ghosting.
- There are multiple ports on this monitor, including HDMI, mini DP and DP connections.
- Additionally, it has an audio-out port and USB 3.0 Upstream ports. These ports make it perfect for listening to and importing your audio quickly and with almost no hassle.
Viewsonic became known for making high-quality monitors quite some time ago, making this one an easy choice for one of the best computer monitors under $300. It provides full, HD graphics with 1920 x 1080 resolution and a 60-hertz refresh rate.
Display Size: 24 inches | Refresh Rate: 60 hertz | Resolution: FHD 1080p | Response Time: 5 ms | Panel Type: IPS
- It comes with color equalization already, ensuring you’ll have perfect, crisp and vibrant colors. You’ll never have to worry about dull or washed out colors again. And, thanks to its small frame, you can connect this monitor in series to work on several projects at once. It’s one of the best computer monitors under $300 for maximizing your productivity.
- Since this monitor is an IPS monitor, each color is exceptionally vibrant and clear. The design was made with graphic artists and video editors in mind, meaning it provides the color quality you need to make perfect edits.
- The color pallet for this monitor can display over 4.39 trillion colors – meaning you’ll never have to worry that you don’t see the true hue of the color on your screen.
- Thanks to a variety of connection ports, it is easy to connect this monitor to other screens through HDMI. Additionally, you can connect it via the display port or the mini display port as you see fit.
When you’re editing videos and pictures, you want the highest-quality images available. That’s why we added this to our list of the best monitors under $300 for gamers, graphic designers and video editors. It provides full, HD images.
Display Size: 27 inches | Refresh Rate: 144 hertz | Resolution: FHD 1080p | Response Time: 5 ms | Panel Type: IPS
- It has a refresh rate of 144-hertz with a 1 ms response time. You’ll never have to worry about videos blurring or other potential problems, meaning you can ensure you have the most high-quality video and pictures. Though this monitor features a gaming design, it’s powerful and will give you the tools you need to create amazing edits.
- Despite its gaming design, this monitor rates at 99% coverage of the sRGB color spectrum. This rating indicates that you’ll see high-quality, crystal clear colors that are true to their hues on your screen no matter how unique or complex the color output.
- The monitor stand allows you to view the monitor in four ways – including both landscape and portrait modes. This design allows you to create a comfortable and productive workspace, no matter what you need from it.
- Thanks to its thin frame design, the monitor is excellent for relatively seamless linking. It’s perfect for creating a dual-screen setup to maximize your productivity at home or in the office.
Display Size: 27 inches | Refresh Rate: 60 hertz | Resolution: 4K UHD 2160p | Response Time: 5 ms | Panel Type: IPS
- The screen can produce 1.074 billion colors, allowing you to make finite adjustments you might otherwise overlook while editing. It’s perfect for maximizing your productivity and ensuring you create unique and vibrantly colored pictures and video, just like a pro.
- There are several ways you can connect this monitor, based on your personal preferences. It includes a display port connection, along with two HDMI connections, perfect for connecting multiple displays at once.
- You’ll experience less eye strain and computer fatigue with this monitor. It includes blue light filtering features, allowing you to work at your computer for hours on end without hurting your eyes. Most importantly, however, it blocks blue light without altering the hue of the colors on screen.
- Multiple viewing angles gives you the ability to mount the monitor or look at it from many different spots, so you will know you’ve always made the best edits, no matter the project.
Best Computer Monitors Under $300
What Size Computer Monitor Is The Best?
Several factors can help you determine what size monitor is best for you – there is no universal answer to this particular question. Typically speaking, you’ll want to aim for a monitor somewhere between 23″ and 32″ if you have a traditional desk setup, though. Doing so prevents accidentally overcrowding your desk or purchasing a monitor that takes up too much space.
Why Are Computer Monitors More Expensive Than TVs?
One of the main reasons many monitors are more expensive than traditional televisions is the color density and pixel quality. Monitors, since they consist of a smaller surface area, must have more pixels to provide high-quality images. Additionally, they feature blue-light blocking technology, unlike many televisions.
Is A Curved Monitor Good For Movies?
Realistically, this question is somewhat subjective, as it depends upon your personal preferences. However, many individuals find that they prefer a curved monitor to a traditional monitor, as it provides optimal and natural viewing angles. Additionally, curved monitors help you feel more immersed in what you’re looking at – so if you want to feel like you’re truly a part of the movie, it’s a great choice.
Overall, the best computer monitors on our list have several things in common. Almost all of them feature some sort of eye strain relief, such as blue light filtering. Additionally, they allow you to connect the monitor in multiple ways – and to multiple monitors – so that you can maximize your overall productivity. And, lastly, they all provide high resolutions and low refresh rates to eliminate screen flickering and other graphic distortions while you’re using the monitor.
At the end of the day, choosing the best computer monitor under $300 for you can seem a little tricky, but it doesn’t have to be. Once you know what to look for in a monitor, it’s fairly easy to see what monitors have the features you desire. Hopefully, our list helped you find a product you enjoy and at a price you can afford.