Best Printer for Sticker Printing
Stickers are a product that appeals to both kids and adults alike. There’s something about getting a sticker for a job well done or adding to a collection that makes people incredibly happy.
If you are thinking about creating your own stickers, whether for fun or to use as promotional items for your business, this endeavor could be incredibly beneficial. To make it even more rewarding, you might consider printing your own stickers, and for that, you’ll need the best printer for sticker printing.
Clever Sequence is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission for referring you.
Different Types of Stickers You Can Print
If you’re like most people, you’ve been exposed to stickers throughout your entire life — and you’ve probably noticed that not all of them look the same. That’s because there are a wide variety of sticker types that you can print.
When it comes to printing stickers at home, the types you’ll probably focus on include the following:
As you can imagine, these are the cheapest and easiest types of stickers you can make. You have the option of choosing between pre-cut labels or sticker sheets that you will cut yourself. Deciding which one you want to use will depend on how much time and effort you are willing to put into creating your stickers.
If you decide to get pre-cut sticker papers, you can choose from rectangular, round, square, or oval shapes.
When it comes to the best printer to create paper stickers, you’ll want to consider using a printer that uses inkjets. If you use the wrong paper with a laser printer, it can melt the adhesive and cause incredible damage to the machine.
Should you decide that you want to create uniquely shaped stickers, the best printer for that job would be a Cricut Machine. Luckily for you, we have included several on our list for you to choose from.
Using this type of machine allows your imagination to run wild as you create fun stickers for yourself and/or customers. Being able to create your own sticker shapes takes your sticker creation to a whole new level!
Paper stickers can be a cost-effective way to market your business or create stickers quickly, but if you are looking for something that is waterproof and lasts for a long time, then you’ll want to consider making vinyl stickers.
When it comes to printing vinyl stickers at home, you’ll want to find the best printer for printable vinyl.
Not all sticker printers are created equally, and you have to make sure that the vinyl paper you want to use is compatible with the printer you buy. You can find this out by reading the printer’s manual.
Vinyl stickers can be used to create a wide range of items, including bumper stickers, labels, rewards, and more.
You can even design your own vinyl stickers that include a business logo, image, or text. Some printers even allow you to add photographs to your stickers. When it comes to finding the best printers for vinyl stickers, we have included many different options for you to choose from.
Decals are sticker-like, but they are also different. Stickers have an adhesive back that allows them to stick to many different surfaces, including fabrics and paper.
Decals also have an adhesive back, but it is usually more permanent. These are also designed to be used for outdoor needs. If you are looking for a way to advertise yours or a client’s business on a vehicle or window, then a decal is what you want to make.
It’s possible to make these at home, but the process is different than what you would use for stickers. However, you may be able to use some of the printers we have listed, including the Cricut Machines, to achieve your goals.
Photo by: Bruno Figueiredo
How to Choose the Best Printer for Sticker Printing? The Buying Guide
When it comes to finding the best printer for sticker printing, there are several things you’ll need to consider. These include the following:
The Quality of the Printer
If you are going to invest your money and time into creating stickers, whether for business ventures or fun, you want your final product to look good. Having the right printer can make all the difference.
When it comes to finding the best printer for sticker printing, your stickers shouldn’t come out looking blurry or smeared.
Typically, printer quality is measured by how many dots are found per square inch. A printer that has 1200 x 1200 per dot inch is considered to be high quality.
Of course, depending on your wants and needs, you can go higher or lower when it comes to the dot per inch measurement.
Another thing you’ll need to consider is whether or not you want color in your stickers. It’s possible to create amazing stickers in black and white, but if you want your items to stand out, then adding color may be the way to go.
Again, you’ll want to make sure you find a printer that has a higher dot per inch measurement no matter what color option you go with.
In addition to finding a high-quality printer that makes good-looking stickers, you also want to ensure that your printer is fast enough for the process.
Should you be planning to create a lot of stickers, printing them shouldn’t take days. That will make the process incredibly frustrating and tedious.
An ideal speed when it comes to the best printer for sticker printing is if it can produce 10 color pages per minute or 20 black and white pages per minute. This is considered incredibly fast, and while having a fast printer can be beneficial, it may impact how clear and sharp the images and/or text on your stickers are.
Slowing down just a touch could be the difference between a really good-looking sticker and an okay one. Ultimately, the speed of sticker creation will be up to you. If you want to go faster or slower, there are printers that will fulfill your needs.
Whether you are looking for the best printers for vinyl stickers or paper stickers, you want to make sure it can accept ink from third-party sellers.
Having a universal printer can save you a lot of money and effort when it comes to finding the right ink cartridges.
The Cost of the Printer
Probably the biggest factor that you’ll have to consider when it comes to finding the best printer for sticker printing is the cost.
When it comes to looking at the cost of a sticker printer, there are many things to consider, including the following:
- The initial cost of the printer – there will be an upfront cost for the printer, and you’ll want to find one that fits into your budget and has all of the requirements you’re looking for.
- Overall cost of the printer – in addition to the initial cost, you’ll also need to consider the overall cost of the printer as well. This includes any maintenance costs that might need to be addressed in the future and how much those could be. It might be worth the investment to spend a bit more on the initial cost if that means it will be cheaper to operate over time.
- Ink costs – when buying the best printer for sticker printing, you need to consider how much it costs to refill the ink and how often that task needs to occur. Even if the printer comes with a lower initial cost, it may wind up costing you more in the long run because of ink costs.
Another thing you’ll want to consider is your projected budget if you are planning on selling your stickers for a profit.
If you expect to make a lot of sales so that you can regain the price you paid for the printer and then some, then investing in a higher quality printer that is more expensive could be worth it.
Product Reviews to Help You Find the Best Printer for Sticker Printing
Now that you know what to look for when it comes to the best printer for sticker printing, you are probably ready to check out the various options you can choose from. On this list, we have a variety of different printers to choose from that will fulfill your wants and needs, as well as fit into your budget.
If you’re looking for the best printer for sticker printing that is simple and easy to use, this is exactly what you’re looking for.
It has the ability to print HD images in black and white on three different paper sizes: 15, 25, and 53 mm paper. It is ideal for at-home use or for smaller sticker projects. With this printer, you can create stickers with text or images or both!
- A Type-C charger that lets you take this anywhere and everywhere
- Free templates and graphics that are updated every two weeks
- No ink required! This is a thermal printer that prints in HD
- Bluetooth allows you to download an app and connect this sticker printer to your Android phone, making it convenient to use anywhere and everywhere
Not only does this printer have the capacity to create beautiful stickers from the comfort of your home, but it can also scan and copy. When it comes to running your business from your home office, this is the ultimate printer to help you with every task you have to undertake.
One of the reasons this is one of the best printers for vinyl stickers is the fact that it connects to Wi-Fi and comes with an app that allows you to print from anywhere in your house. You even have the ability to share your documents, including sticker designs, to Dropbox and Google Drive.
All of the extra features are incredibly beneficial when working with clients and creating the best stickers you can design. Staying connected to your printer and others makes running your business easy.
- Ink delivery – this printer comes with the option to sign up for HP Instant Ink, which means that ink will be delivered directly to your door; this ensures that you always have the necessary supplies to print amazing stickers for yourself and others
- Made from recycled plastic – if you are hoping to do something kind for the environment, then getting this printer can help because it is made with up to 20% recycled plastic
- Prints 10 pages per minute in black and white and 7 pages per minute in color
When it comes to finding the best printer for sticker printing, one of the things you have to consider is long-term costs, particularly how much you’ll have to pay to replace the ink cartridges. That isn’t a problem when you consider this printer.
You have the option of buying replacement ink bottles to refill your printer, which can save you up to 90% of your ink costs. You’ll also create less waste when replacing the color in your printer. This benefits your wallet and the environment.
The paper tray can even hold up to 150 sheets of paper. If you are planning on printing a lot of color stickers, this is the machine you’ll want to consider.
- Ability to connect to tablets and smartphones for wireless printing
- Connects to Alexa so that you can print from anywhere in your home
- Has voice-activated printing for certain projects
- Space-saving design to ensure it doesn’t take up too much space in your home office
- Comes with a variety of functions, including the ability to copy and scan, making it easy to run your sticker business from your home
- Prints 15 pages per minute
This small, versatile printer is the perfect option if you are looking for one of the best printers for vinyl stickers while on the go. It connects directly to your smartphone or tablet and allows you to print photos directly from your social media accounts.
When it comes to your sticker business, this is the perfect printer to take to weddings, parties, and other social gatherings to help the participants capture their fun moments. There’s even a way to customize the photos before they are printed.
- Creates 2×3-inch stickers of your photos that you can share or stick anywhere
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to use this printer while on the go
- Downloadable app that allows you to add emojis, borders, and filters to your photos before you print them
If you are wondering what printer to use for printable vinyl, you might want to check out what this one has to offer. This machine is quick and easy to set up with the HP Smart app, so you’ll be ready to get your sticker business up and running in no time.
It can also scan, copy and send mobile faxes, making it easy for you to keep track of every aspect of your business. No matter where you are, you can use the app to print and send important documents to clients.
- Ability to sign up for Instant Ink so that ink is delivered directly to your door
- Hands-free automatic document feeder that can handle up to 35 pages that allows you to breeze through copy and scan jobs, allowing you more time to print your stickers
- Prints 10 black and white pages per minute and 7 color pages per minute
This is the best printer for printable vinyl because it allows you to create and cut your own designs. It doesn’t matter if you are creating these stickers for yourself or your clients, you’ll be impressed with how precise this machine cuts vinyl and other materials.
You can upload your custom designs to the machine from your computer, phone or tablet using the free software that comes with this printer. You’ll even have access to Cricut’s huge library of fonts and images to help you design the ultimate sticker — that’s more than 100,000 items to choose from.
- Equipped with a fast mode to cut and write designs on vinyl up to 2x faster than average
- When inspiration hits, you can create designs using the Design Space app no matter where you’re at
- You can connect to a community of other designers and crafters to have questions answered or to find inspiration for your next sticker project
Best sticker Printer
If you are thinking about creating your own stickers, not only are you looking for the best printers for vinyl stickers, but you probably have other questions pertaining to the process as well. We do our best to answer some of the most common ones for you.
How do I start a small sticker business?
If you are considering starting a small sticker business, you need to consider whether there is a want and/or need in your community. You can start by talking to your local chamber of commerce or by visiting local businesses in the area to inform them about what you have to offer.
Having samples of your work could help them decide if they want to work with you, so investing in the best printer for sticker printing is something you should consider. If nothing else, you can always print stickers with your business information so that they know what your work looks like and how to contact you for your products.
Where should I sell my stickers after using the best printer for sticker printing?
There are so many different places you can sell your stickers after printing them at home, including the following:
- Online – you can either set up your own website or create a business page on Facebook. You might even consider becoming a vendor on sites such as Etsy.
- Craft and home shows – many communities hold craft and home shows during the holidays or throughout the year. Consider setting up a booth and showing people what you have to offer.
- Through a local business – consider setting up a partnership with a local business owner to sell your stickers in their store.
How can I print high-quality stickers at home?
Being able to print high-quality stickers at home means you have to have the right equipment. Not only do you need to invest in the best printers for vinyl stickers, but you also need to have the right printable vinyl and ink cartridges.
Check out our list for the best printers for vinyl stickers we recommend when it comes to printing vinyl stickers at home.
It uses thermal printing, so you don’t have to worry about buying replacement ink cartridges. It only prints in black and white, but with the ability to print directly from Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as from Outlook and Google Contacts, you can create customized stickers for all of your business needs.
- Can print up to 51 labels per minute
- By only printing what you need, you can reduce the amount of waste you produce
- Text and images come out looking crystal-clear
- Compatible with Macs and Windows-based computers
When it comes to finding one of the best printers for vinyl stickers for a large operation, your search stops here. As an entry-level printer, if you are just getting into the sticker business but know you want to look professional, this machine is easy to set up and use.
When asking what printer to use for printable vinyl, this printer offers an optimal profile that allows you to print images that are vivid and will make an impact. It is also fast, allowing you to create a 23.39 x 33.11-inch document in 25 seconds. It comes with user-friendly software so that you can get your sticker business up and running as quickly as possible. You can also create your sticker designs using Microsoft Office.
- High-speed printing and economy print mode to get the most out of your ink cartridges
- Access to Canon’s cloud portal so that you can upload, download, share and print files from anywhere in your home or the world
- Ability to create custom signage in addition to your custom stickers
If you are an incredibly creative person looking for the best printer for printable vinyl, then this is the machine you’ll want to check out. Not only do you have the ability to create any sticker design you want, but the design app that can be downloaded with this printer is easy to use.
The best part is that you can use the app on your mobile device or a computer. What makes this the best printer for sticker printing is that you have the freedom to create any design you can think of. If you need inspiration, you can always access the library of fonts and images on the app.
- A large suite of tools that can be expanded and used to cut a variety of different materials, particularly vinyl
- Simple and easy to use
- Works with Windows, Macs, Apples, and Androids
We’ve included another Epson printer on our list because it can be an incredibly cost-effective option when it comes to printing vinyl stickers at home. What we love most about the line of Epson printers is the fact that they come with the ability to quickly and easily refill the ink cartridges — which can save you a ton of money in the long run.
The feature that sets this printer apart from the other ones on the list and makes it the best printer for sticker printing is the fact that it comes with an auto document feeder. The feeder allows you to be even more productive with your sticker business endeavors.
- Wi-Fi connectivity that allows you to connect your phone, tablet, or computer to the printer
- Voice-activated printing to ensure you are productive and working even when your hands are full
- A sleek, space-saving design that allows you to use this practically anywhere in your home
- 15 black and white pages per minute printing capability
When asking what printer to use for printable vinyl, this printer may be the answer you’re looking for.
The five ink colors allow you to produce crisp black and white text and/or image stickers, or if you decide you want to add some color, they will be vivid and bright.
This printer can also be connected to your smartphone or tablet, in addition to your laptop or desktop. It has an output tray that expands automatically to ensure your printed stickers never hit the floor.
- Connects to Alexa, so you can ask her to print your stickers when you’re busy with other aspects of your business
- Reordering ink is easy because Alexa can detect when you’re running low and place your order for you
- Prints 15 black and white pages per minute
If you are planning on printing vinyl stickers at home and you want them to look professional, this is the printer that will help you achieve that goal.
It comes equipped with eight dye-based inks that can help you create color gradients that are life-like and brilliant. Even if you are planning on printing in black and white, the text and graphics on your stickers will be crisp and gorgeous.
This is one of the best printers for vinyl stickers because the colors it creates can’t be beaten. You’ll be able to wow and amaze anyone who sees the stickers you create with this printer.
- Prints a variety of sizes up to 13×19 inches
- You can save money because you only have to replace the color ink cartridge that runs out
- Wi-Fi connectivity, so you can print from your desktop or laptop, which makes creating stickers quick and easy
- Can print 14.5 black and white pages per minute
Best sticker Printer
How much does it cost to make your own stickers?
There are many factors you have to consider when it comes to the cost of making your own stickers, including how much you pay for the printer (you’ll have to ask yourself what printer to use for printable vinyl fits into your budget), how much it costs to refill the ink cartridges and how much your paper and/or printable vinyl costs.
It is possible to make this a cost-effective endeavor by buying the best printer for sticker printing that fits into your budget and has a low overall cost. You’ll also want to look for bulk deals on ink and other printing supplies.
How do you make homemade waterproof stickers?
If you are planning on printing vinyl stickers at home, you’ll need to invest in one of the best printers for vinyl stickers to make homemade waterproof stickers.
If you find yourself wondering what printer to use for printable vinyl, we have included different options on our list, so we’re sure you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for to make this endeavor a success. We are confident you’ll find the machine that will have you printing vinyl stickers at home that look amazing!
Know What You’re Getting Into
Before deciding which printer is going to be the best one for printing stickers, you need to decide what type you’re going to make. Whether your sticker designs are simple or more complex, to ensure they look good, you need the right equipment.
Knowing what you’re getting into will ensure that you get the best printer for printable vinyl or paper stickers that you can afford.
Benefits of Printing Your Own Stickers
There are so many reasons why you should print your own stickers. It can be more cost-effective and give you greater creative control. You’ll also feel a huge sense of pride and accomplishment when your stickers come out of the printer.
No matter if you are creating stickers for business endeavors or just because you want to make sure they look good. Finding the best printer for sticker printing can help, and finding the right one shouldn’t be hard.
There are numerous things you have to consider when it comes to finding a sticker printer, including what type of sticker you are going to print. If you’re hoping to make them last as long as possible, then you’ll need to find the best printers for vinyl stickers.
The list we’ve compiled considers a variety of different factors, and we can help you find the best printer for sticker printing that will fit into your budget and fulfill all of your sticker printing needs.
It doesn’t matter if you are printing in color or black and white, or you are considering using paper or making your stickers waterproof, we can help you find the best printer or sticker printer and cutter for all of your endeavors.
Taking the Time to Find the Best Printer for Sticker Printing
If you are looking for the best printer for sticker printing, we have put together a list of some of the finest machines you can find. It doesn’t matter if you are planning on creating stickers for fun, for your business, or for clients, you are sure to find the printer that fits into your budget and helps you design and create stickers that look astounding.
When it comes to finding the best printers for vinyl stickers, there are many things you need to consider. Finding the best printer for printable vinyl means looking for a machine that can handle the number of pages you want/need to print, whether you are printing in color or in black and white, and how much it costs to replace the ink cartridges.
You’ll also need to determine if you are planning on using pre-cut paper or are making your own uniquely shaped stickers.
Ultimately, the decision will be based on personal preference. Only you can decide which printer fulfills all of your wants and needs, but we hope that our list has helped you with this endeavor.