Can You Add Music to Canva Video
Canva is one of the best editing apps. You can make any project you can imagine, including videos and presentations.
You may wonder, “can you add music to Canva video?” Believe it or not, the answer is yes!
It is easy to add audio tracks and voiceovers to your Canva videos and presentations. Read the step-by-step guide below to learn more. You will learn how to upload music, audio clips, and voiceovers below.
How to Add Music to Canva | Start a Project on Canva
Before you answer “can you add music to Canva video?” you have to know how to start a project. The methods below will work for any design, but you have to change the type of template you use.
You can start a video on Canva on your computer or smartphone. Use the steps to create your project in a desktop browser.
- Go to www.canva.com.
- Click “Sign Up” to create an account or log in to your profile.
- Press “Video” under the search bar.
- Click “Browse Templates” and select the option you want to use.
- Press “Customize this Template” to begin your project.
You can also download the Canva app on your iPhone or Android to create a project. Again, select something other than “Video” in step three if you want to make something different.
- Download the Canva app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Click on the “Home” tab.
- Press “Video” under the search bar.
- Tap on the type of video you want to make.
- Press on the template you want to use to start editing.
How to Add Music to Canva Design
After starting your project, you can answer, “can you add music to Canva video?” You have to navigate to the audio library if you want to insert clips from Canva itself. Again, you can use the mobile app or a computer browser to perform this process.
Perform the steps below to learn how to add music in Canva. The list will follow the information required to start a new project.
1. Click on the tab labeled “Audio” on the left side of the screen.
2. Press on the three dots, followed by “Audio” if the tab is not there from the start.
3. Select a category or use the search bar at the top of the tab.
4. Click on the track you want to use in your project. Any music that has a crown or currency symbol requires a premium subscription.
5. The music will go where your playhead is on the timeline.
You can also use the mobile app to learn how to add music in Canva. The required steps are in the information below.
1. Download the Canva app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
2. After you start your project, press the plus sign in the bottom corner.
3. Press “Audio.”
4. Scroll through the available options. You can also use the search bar to find a specific track.
5. Tap the track you want to put in your design.
6. Look for the music where your timestamp is on the timeline.
You can view more tracks from a specific contributor by tapping and holding the music you like. Press “View More by Contributor” to see the complete list.
About the Canva Audio Library
You should now know the answer to “can you add music to Canva video?” Some of the tracks are free, and others require a premium subscription.
Canva has hundreds of audio tracks readily available. You need a premium subscription to access all of them.
Canva offers a free trial, after which the money will come directly out of your account. There are several plans available, depending on your budget.
How to Upload Music to Canva
Not only can you answer “can you add music to Canva video?” by using the company’s tracks. You can also upload your own files. Again, there are steps you can follow for a computer browser and mobile app to learn how to add your own music to Canva video.
Use the below steps to learn how to upload music to Canva from your computer.
1. After beginning your new project, click on the “Uploads” tab on the side panel.
2. Press “Upload Media.
3. Find the files you want to upload to your project.
4. You can also drag-and-drop the files to the browser.
5. Click on your file after it uploads. It will go into your project.
To learn “can you add music to Canva video?” with your uploads on the mobile app, follow the below steps.
1. After starting your project, click on the plus sign.
2. Click on the “Uploads” tab.
3. Press “Upload Media” and select the file on your device.
4. Give Canva permissions to access your photos.
5. Tap on the file in the “Uploads” tab to add it to your project.
Use Your Uploads Again
You can find any files when you learn how to add your own music to Canva video on the browser or mobile app version of Canva, as seen below.
Find your uploaded audio files on the browser version of Canva with the below steps.
- Go to www.canva.com and log in to your account.
- Stay on the homepage.
- Click “Your Projects.”
- Press “Uploads.”
You can use any of the files, download, or delete them.
Use the below steps to find your files on the mobile version of Canva.
- Open the Canva app on your Android or iPhone and log in to your account.
- Click on the three horizontal lines to open the menu.
- Press “Your Projects.”
- Click “Uploads” to use, download, or delete your files.
How to Add Voice Over to Canva Presentation
Finally, you can learn how to add voice overs to Canva presentations. You can only perform this process on the computer browser version of Canva.
1. Start a “Presentation” project on Canva.
2. Click on “Present” in the corner of the Canva editor.
3. Wait for the dropdown menu to load. Click on “Present and Record,” followed by “Next.”
4. Allow Canva to access your mic after the recording studio loads.
5. Choose the mic you want to use.
6. Press “Start Recording.”
7. Click through your presentation as if it was live.
8. Press “End Recording” to finish your voice-over.
9. Wait for the recording to upload to your presentation.
What to Do After the Recording Uploads
After the recording uploads, there are several features you can use.
- Share your recording by pressing “Copy Link.”
- Download your recording by pressing “Download.”
- Delete your recording by pressing “Discard.”
- Save your recording to return to the editor by pressing “Save and Exit.”
Find Your Recording Again
If you exit the recording studio, you can find your voice-over again. It is in the location described below.
- Click on “Present and Record” on the editing page of your presentation.
- Copy, download, or delete your recording, as mentioned above.
- If you finish working on your recording, press “Save and Exit.”
How to Play the Music or Audio on Your Canva Design
After you upload a voice-over, a musical track, or another audio file to your Canva design, you can play it at any time. You will see a small volume button appear on top of your design. Click on that icon to listen to the sounds.
How to Remove Music from Canva Video
Finally, you can learn how to remove music from a Canva video. It is easiest to perform the below steps on your computer, but the process is possible on the Canva mobile app.
You can use two methods to remove audio on your Canva video on a computer browser. Each is in detail below.
Press "Delete" to Remove the Audio
You can first use the “Delete” button to remove audio from your Canva files, as seen below.
1. Go to www.canva.com on a desktop browser.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Click on “Your Projects” and find the file with the audio you want to delete.
4. Look at the bottom left corner of a presentation or the timeline on a video. Click on the audio track.
5. Wait for the white toolbar to load at the top of the editor.
6. Press the “Delete” icon. It resembles a trash can.
Decrease the Volume on the Audio
Technically, decreasing the volume of your audio files will not remove them. You can silence it using the steps below.
1. Find the project with the audio file you want to edit.
2. Click on the audio track using the same steps listed above.
3. Wait for the toolbar to appear at the top of the editor.
4. Click on the volume icon. It resembles a speaker.
5. Look for the volume slider in the dropdown menu.
6. Drag the slider to the left until the volume gets to zero.
7. Click outside of the dropdown menu to finalize the process.
8. Press “Preview” to ensure there is no sound.
The easiest way to remove audio on the Canva app is to use the volume slider with the following steps.
- Open the Canva app on your Android or iPhone.
- Click on the project with the audio you want to remove.
- Look for the audio track on the timeline in a video or the panel in a presentation.
- Click on the audio track you want to remove.
- Press the volume icon. It resembles a speaker.
- Move the slider to zero.
- Click “Preview” to finalize the process.
Add Music to Canva
Can you add music to Canva video? You should know the answer now!
You can add music and other sounds from the audio library or upload files from your device. Canva also allows you to record voiceovers on presentations and other videos.
If you no longer need an audio file, delete it! You can also adjust the volume slider to zero to mute it.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence