Fix Broken Links in WordPress Without Plugin
From our series:
Massive SEO Mistakes - Part 1
This is how you fix broken links in WordPress without a plugin.
Did you know that adding, deleting, modifying posts, internal and external links can bring consequences to your on-page SEO on WordPress without you even noticing it.
For example, let’s say you are editing your posts and decide to add a few internal links to it. For some reason, you entered the wrong URL, and even worse, you don’t realize you made this mistake.
What’s going to happen next is that your site will end up with a broken link.
After a few weeks, you find out on Google Analytics that someone got a “404 not found” error. You would need to fix this immediately!
How can you find the page that is giving you this error?
No worries, this happens to everyone. In fact, this just happened to us. That’s why we want to help you how to fix broken links in WordPress without plugin in a few minutes.
Follow these simple steps:
- Go to deadlinkchecker.com
- Type your domain name on the search box
- Press check, and you will find a list of 404 no found errors.
- Get Link Research SEO Toolbar Google Chrome extension.
- Go back to deadlinkchecker.com and on the right side of the screen, click on the link of the page you want to fix.
- Open the link checker tool Chrome extension and wait until it analyzes your page
- Look out for the red highlighted errors
- Fix the link, and repeat this process until you fix them all
- You are all set!
We hope you enjoyed this tip, and remember, always share knowledge.