How to Transfer a Website from One Domain to Another
We give you no fluff, just the good stuff. Like a Banana.
This is how you migrate your WordPress site to a different domain name.
Let’s get started!
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Look for “All-in-One WP Migration” Plugin. Install and activate it
- On the dashboard, click on the plugin, and export the site as a “File”
- Now, go to your new site, install the same plugin we used on the previous site (All-in-one WP Migration)
- On the dashboard, find the plugin. And select “Import”
- Look for the file we just exported, then, import it. Click on “Proceed.”
And you are all set!
- Save the credentials you used to login to the old domain, to login to the new one.
- Swipe the URLs of the old domain to the new one.
- For example: your-old-domain.com/how-to-migrate -a-site-on- wordpress TO
- your-new-domain.com/how-to-migrate -a-site-on- wordpress
Hope you liked this tip and remember to Always Share Knowledge!