Free App to Change Color of Object in Photo
If you enjoy editing pictures, you may want to find a free app to change the color of an object in a photo.
You may take a picture, noticing later that the object stands out too much. It does not match the aesthetic you wanted to show your loved ones.
Thankfully, this step-by-step guide will help you find the free app to meet your photo editing needs. You can find programs for your iPhone, Android, Windows PC, or Mac!
Step-by-Step Guide to Change the Color of an Object
Read this detailed guide to learn how to use a color-changing photo editor. The tools outlined below will help you adjust the look of specific objects in your images.
Change the Color of an Object in a Photo Manually on Your iPhone
Unfortunately, there are no built-in tools that work as a free app to change the color of an object in a photo on your iPhone. You have to download a third-party software program from the Apple App Store.
You may find the best app to change the color of an object in a photo free for your needs by continuing to read below.
Change the Color of an Object in a Photo Manually on an Android
If you have an Android Pixel 6 or later, you will receive Google Magic Eraser. This app to change the color of an object photo-free comes with each of these devices.
You can learn how to use Google Magic Eraser by following the below steps.
- Open Google Magic Eraser on your Android Pixel 6.
- Upload the photo you want to edit.
- Circle the object you want to adjust.
- Choose the new colors you want to use for that specific object.
- Adjust the shading to let the objects blend into the photos.
Change the Color of an Object in a Photo Manually on a Windows Computer
Finally, you can use a free app to change the color of an object in a photo on your Windows computer. The easiest method is to use Microsoft Paint, but you can also adjust 3D items in Paint 3D.
Microsoft Paint is a built-in replacement color in image app on Windows computers. It comes with a replacement tool you can use with the below steps.
- Click on the “Start” menu at the bottom left.
- Type “paint” and click on Microsoft Paint.
- Press the “File” menu, followed by “Open.”
- Find the image you want to upload.
- Click on the “Color Picker” tool. It resembles an eye dropper.
- Choose the color associated with the object you want to adjust.
- Click on the “Color Picker” tool again.
- Right-click the color you want to use as a replacement. You can also click on the “Color 2” box to choose a new shade in the palette.
- Click on the “Eraser” tool.
- Right-click and drag the eraser over the first color.
- Wait for the new color to appear on your object!
You can also use Paint 3D as a free app to change the color of an object in a photo on your Windows computer. This method is best for 3D items, as the name implies.
You can use Paint 3D as a replace color in the image app on your Windows computer by following the below steps.
- Open the “Start” menu on your Windows.
- Type “Paint 3D” in the search bar and click on the app.
- Press “Create a New Project.”
- Upload the image with the object you want to change.
- Press the “Select” option in the toolbar.
- Choose the “Brushes” icon.
- Click on the “Fill” option on the left.
- Choose the color you want to use in your replacement.
- Brush over the object you want to adjust.
Change the color of an Object in a Photo Manually on a Mac
You can also learn to use a free app to change the color of an object in a photo on your Mac. Use the “Selective Color Adjustment” tool on the Photos software.
The steps below will help you use the “Selective Color” tool on your Mac.
- Double-click on an image in your Photos album.
- Wait for the image to load and look for the toolbar.
- Click on “Edit” in the toolbar that appears.
- Press “Adjust.”
- Wait for the “Adjust” pane to open.
- Press the right-sided arrow next to the “Selective Color” option.
- Choose one of the color wells you want to use in your photo.
- Use the eye-dropper tool to select the color of the object you want to change.
- Drag the “Hue,” “Saturation,” “Luminance,” and “Range” sliders until you get your desired color.
The Hue Slider
The hue slider in the color-changing photo editor lets you adjust the tint or tone of a portion of your image. It changes the specific color used in the object in your image.
The Saturation Slider
The Saturation slider adjusts the intensity of the color. Make portions of your image black and white using this feature.
The Luminance Slider
The luminance slider changes the brightness of the color. It adjusts the appearance of light on the object in your photo.
The Range Slider
The range slider adjusts how many colors change in your photo. They specifically address the shades you want to include in your edits, focusing on similar ones.
Use a Third-Party Tool
You can use third-party tools such as a free app to change the color of an object in a photo. You will also find a couple of websites in the list below.
1. LightX App
The LightX app is available on any Android or iPhone. You will only find a mobile app version of this software, meaning you cannot recolor images online.
You can learn to use the LightX app to replace object colors by reading the below steps.
- Download LightX from the Google Play Store on an Android or Apple App Store on an iPhone.
- Open the mobile editor.
- Choose the image you want to adjust.
- Find the “Selective” category in the editing menu.
- Click on the “Brush” tool.
- Use your finger to brush over the object or color you want to replace.
- Select the “Magic Brush” tool to choose additional pixels using similar colors.
- Click on the “Effects” menu option.
- Use the slider under “Hue” to change the color.
- Use the “Brush” and “Eraser” tools to clean up the edges.
PicsArt is another mobile app you can use to replace the color in images online. This software program lets you edit videos, and images, and add specific designs.
You can learn how to use PicsArt to recolor an object by following the below steps.
- Download PicsArt from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Upload the image with the objects you need to replace.
- Click on the “FX” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose “Color Replace.”
- Drag the circle over the colors or objects you need to change.
- Move the “Replace Hue” slider until you achieve the desired color.
- Move the second slider to change the minimum hue.
- Adjust the third slider to change the maximum hue or shade.
- Click on the “Eraser” tool at the top of the screen. Clean up any overlap in the color changes.
- Click on the “Brush” tool to recolor any sections you accidentally erased.
- Click on the “FX” tab again.
- Select the “Saturation” tool and move the slider until you achieve your look.
- Press “Apply” to finish editing!
Lunapic is one of the best photo editors you can use to recolor images online. You can choose the object you want to replace by simply clicking on it. Adjust the threshold to achieve the exact shade you need for your images.
You can learn to use Lunapic as a photo editor and change clothes’ color online for free by following the below steps.
- Open the Lunapic website—type www5.lunapic.com/editor in your browser.
- Press “Upload.”
- Click “Choose File” to upload your image.
- Choose the “Adjust” menu in the top toolbar.
- Click the “Replace Color” option.
- Choose a new color in the palette next to the “New Color” option.
- Click on the color of the object in your image.
- Wait for the colors to automatically change based on your choice in step six.
- Adjust the intensity of the color using the “Threshold” slider.
- Press “Apply Color.”
- Press the “Save” icon to download your adjusted image.
You must use the older version of PIXLR to learn to replace color in image online. You manually paint the new shade onto your photos. PIXLR will automatically detect the outline of the object.
Use PIXLR as a photo editor change clothes color online free by reading the below steps.
- Go to www.pixlr.com/editor on your browser of choice.
- Press “Open Image from Computer” and find the photo you want to adjust.
- You can also press “Open Image from URL” if your photo is in cloud storage.
- Press the “Color Replace” tool in the menu on the left.
- Click the color box at the bottom of the menu to choose a new color.
- Click on the “Brush” tool.
- Adjust the size and tolerance using the sliders.
- Brush over the objects you want to change.
- Click on the “Eraser” tool to fix any mistakes.
- Click on the “File” menu.
- Press “Save” to download your image.
Change the Color of an Object in a Photo
You have a potential free app to change the color of an object in a photo after reading this article. There are built-in tools on Androids and computers and third-party software programs for any device.
You have to download a third-party tool if you have an iPhone. On an Android, you can open Google Magic Eraser. You must have an Android Pixel 6 to find the software on your device.
On a Windows computer, you can edit the color of an object in Microsoft Paint or Paint 3D. Macs allow you to perform this process using the Photos app.
Finally, you can download third-party apps on your smart devices. There are also websites you can visit on your computer or smartphone. These programs work by letting you brush over the portion of the image you want to adjust, giving your photos a new look in a matter of seconds.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence