How Do I Change My Gmail Password on My iPhone
Security is the number one reason people change their passwords on anything including their iPhones and iPad.
Hackers and thieves are getting more ingenious at stealing our stuff, so to change the Google password on iPhone is to foil the wrong-doers. We’re here to help, so we’re going to answer the question of how do I change my Gmail password on my iPhone?.
When you’re dealing with Apple products, all you really have is your Apple ID and password. However, every last little thing is secured by an email address, and those little things generally want a Gmail address.
So what you need to learn is how to change your Gmail password on your iPhone. Keep reading, because we’re giving you a step-by-step tutorial on how to reset your Gmail password on your iPhone.
How To Reset Your Gmail Password On iPhone
1. On your phone, go to Settings. Tap on Passwords.
2. Type in the phone’s password. You might have to verify your identity using Face or fingerprint ID.
3. You should see a list of email sites. Tap on Gmail or Google. If it isn’t there, skip down to step five.
4. Here is where you’ll find your password if you forgot your Gmail password on your iPhone.
5. Google or Gmail might not be on your list of email sites. To add it, tap on the Add or + sign at the top right on the screen.
6. Type in the name of the website, your username, and your password. If you’ve forgotten your password, you’ll have to change your Google password on iPhone. Go to the email website to type it in.
7. Tap on Done.
8. If you’re wondering how to change my Gmail password on your iPhone, then this is where you do it. You’ll see Websites. Beneath that, you’ll see accounts.google.com. Tap on it.
9. When your Google account page comes up, type in your Google password. You might be required to use Face for ID.
10. Tap on Personal Info.
11. Scroll until you see Password and tap on it. You might have to enter your password again.
12. Type in your new password. Confirm the password. Tap on Change Password.
Congratulations! You just learned how to change your Google password on your iPhone. Now, log back into Gmail using your new password. Remember to do this across all your Apple products like iPads or laptops.
What To Do If This Doesn’t Work
Google and other apps don’t always play together well in the cyber sandbox. Sometimes Google won’t allow you to change your password in the app. If the above steps to find a Google password on iPhone aren’t successful, then it will either update on its own, or it will prompt you to update your password when you get mail from the default mail app.
How To Change Google Password From Gmail
If nothing you try works when you change your Google password on your iPhone, then change your password from the Gmail app.
Note: this won’t work inside the Apple Mail app, because anything inside Apple is your Apple ID and password. You’ll have to download the Gmail app onto your phone or open it on your Apple laptop.
1. Open the Gmail app and log in.
2. There are three bars at the top left of the app. Tap on them.
3. Scroll down until you see Settings. Tap on Settings.
4. You’ll see Manage Your Google Account. Tap on Manage Your Google Account.
5. You’ll see Sign In Security. Tap on Sign In Security.
6. Tap on Password. Type in your present password.
7. You’ll see Sign In. Tap on Sign In.
8. This is how to change your Gmail password on your iPhone. Type in your new password.
9. You’ll see Change Password. Tap on Change Password, and you’re done.
How Do I Change My Gmail Password On My iPhone 6 Through 12?
We’d like to tell you “oh, it’s a snap – you’ll fly right through learning how do I change my Gmail password on my iPhone!” The truth is that through each incarnation of the iPhone, the basic steps are the same. The wording in each incarnation might change to confuse you, so we’ll walk you through changing your password.
Note: The instructions for iPhones six through eleven are pretty much the same. It’s iPhone 12 in which the instructions change drastically.
iPhone 6 through 11
- Find Settings and tap on Settings.
- Find Passwords and Accounts, or it could read Find Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
- Tap on the email account for which you want to change the password.
- Change your password.
- You should see a button reading Done or Finish. Tap on it and follow the directions to end your changes.
How Do I Change My Gmail Password On My iPhone 12?
- Scroll until you find Settings.
- Tap on Passwords and Accounts.
- You’ll see a Swisscom email address. Tap on it.
- Tap on Password beneath Incoming Mail Server. Erase the old password. Type in your new password.
- Tap on SMTP.
- Tap on Primary Server. Now you’re done.
What To Do If Absolutely Nothing Works
Sometimes you simply can’t find a Google password on your iPhone. In that case, go to the Google page and tap on Getting More Help. A page will open with a list of problems.
Tap on You Forgot Your Password. A page will open with a list of methods for resetting your password. You’ll be asked questions to prove it’s you trying to reset your password. Answer the questions.
A page will open on which you’ll follow the directions for changing your password.
If you still can’t get into your Google account, then tap on Creating A Replacement Google Account. A page will open detailing reasons you can’t get into your account, how to establish a new Google account, and updating your contacts and photos. Follow all the directions, and you should be good to go.
How Do I Change My Gmail Password On My iPhone? Tips And Tricks
The iPhone has gone through some growing pains since its birth in 2007. There isn’t enough room in this tutorial to detail the changes, but we can help you out with some tips and hacks for navigating changes to your iPhone apps.
When you’re trying to change your Gmail password and have to go to Gmail to do it, you can easily get back to the iPhone app for changing your password. All you have to do is tap on Back To at the top left of the Gmail app. You’ll go right back to the iPhone change password app with no further ado.
Each incarnation of the iPhone has a Settings page. The wording may change from version to version, but the basic message is the same: passwords and accounts are what you need. They might not be worded quite like that, but keep searching until it makes sense to you.
Apple used to use four-digit passwords until recently when it changed to six-digit passwords. Hackers hate that because the odds open way up of their ever hacking your password. Go to Settings, Touch ID & Passcode, Change Passcode, and then tap on Passcode Options.
It’s About Taps
One of the reasons you might have trouble with your password is the taps you make such as not enough taps or too many taps. Your iPhone has a Setting for taps. Set the phone to ignore too many taps. Set the phone to increase the time before the tap is recognized and more.
Security is the main reason you might want to learn how do I change my Gmail password on my iPhone. The iOS is just about hack-proof, as Apple recognizes that its users are very security-conscious. The company makes changing your Gmail password, if not simple, then doable.
The step process goes: go to Settings, go to Accounts or Passwords, go to the specific account you want to change like Gmail, change the password, tap on Done, and you’re off to the races.
As each year passes and new versions of the iPhone and iPad are introduced, the wording of the steps changes. This is due to variations in the operating system and its specific tasks. Simply follow the steps, and you should be able to change your password.
If the iPhone or iPad doesn’t want to play, then you can go to Google to change your password. The same steps apply. If nothing you try works, then you’ll need a new Google account. It’s simple but will take some time to accomplish.
There are a few tips and tricks for managing changing your password. Moving back and forth from Gmail to iPhone Settings is a simple matter of tapping the Back button. Each Settings search list includes the same things, so find the wording you need and tap on it. We hope this tutorial is of help in changing your Gmail password, and good luck!
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence