How Much Should I Charge to Build a Wix Website
You likely want to develop a web presence if you have a business. When you create your website or social media pages, you may ask yourself, “How much should I charge to build a Wix website?”
Wix is one of the best platforms you can use. Many professionals are experts on Wix. They can help you in the design process.
Consider the step-by-step guide below to understand the Wix web design cost. Always remember the work that goes into creating a website.
Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide for Building a Website on Wix
You may ask yourself, “how much should I charge to build a Wix website?” You have to consider the steps involved. The step-by-step guide below can help you in this research process.
1. Create an Account
Set up an account before you answer, “How much should I charge to build a Wix website?’ Designers cannot set up your digital presence or give you access to it without one.
To create your Wix account, use the steps below.
- Go to the Wix sign-up page.
- Enter your email address and password, pressing “Sign Up” after.
- You can also choose to continue with your Gmail or Facebook account using the right side of the screen.
2. Understand the Editor
Consider the Wix website designer cost after creating your account. These professionals will start using the variety of features in the Wix editor.
Access the Editor
Add Elements to Your Site
The first feature of the Wix editor is the ability to add elements. Wix provides hundreds of shapes, buttons, animations, photos, and videos.
You can customize any of these elements by pressing “Settings.” Adjust the layout, add an animation, or change the color via the “Design” button.
Change the Site Design
The next available option on the Wix editor is the ability to change the site’s design. You can start with one of the pre-installed themes. These options will use specific colors and fonts.
Other site design changes you can make involve the webpage’s background. You can also add transitions for switching specific pages.
Publishing Your Site
Finally, there are several features for publishing your site. Click “Publish” only when you want your page to go live.
You can click “Save” to keep your work without going live. Click “Preview” to ensure you are happy with your results.
3. Choose Toolbars, Grid Lines, and Layers
When you answer, “How much should I charge to build a Wix website,” you may want to consider how much time it will take the professionals. They can work quickly using the features below.
The editor toolbar will let you or the designer complete specific steps quickly. You can copy, paste, and delete elements on your page. The toolbar also allows you to change the position, alignment, color, or size of an object.
To access the toolbar, click on “Tools” in the top right corner of the editor page. Check the box next to “Toolbar.”
Gridlines will help you build a perfectly symmetrical site. You can know exactly where to place elements, ensuring that anything you place is visible. Again, you only need to check the box next to “Gridlines” after pressing “Tools.”
The “Layers” tool is another feature you can use on Wix to see every element you added. You will see how they align, moving one to the front or back when needed.
The “Layers” tool will also divide your web pages by body, footer, and header. You can drag this feature wherever you need it.
To access the “Layers” tool, click on the “Tools” option again. Check the box next to “Layers.”
4. Manage Pages
After determining the Wix web designer cost, you need to consider the pages you need to incorporate. You will need to determine how much work these professionals will have to do.
To add a new page to your site, use the steps below.
- Click on “Pages” on the left menu.
- Press “Main Pages,” followed by “Add Page.”
- Choose “+ Blank Page” if you want to start from scratch.
- Choose a template if you want inspiration.
- Enter the page name.
- Press “Done.”
To rename a page on your Wix website, use the below steps.
- Click on “Pages” and choose the appropriate option.
- Press “Show More.”
- Click “Rename” and enter the new title.
- Press “Done.”
Reorder and Reorganize Pages
Reordering your pages is simple on Wix, as seen below.
- Click on “Menu and Pages” on the left menu.
- Select “Site Menu.”
- Click and drag any page to a new location in the order.
5. Edit the Page Strips and Content
To keep your site organized, your web designer may consider strips. To add these, use the steps below.
- Click “Add” on the left menu.
- Choose “Strip” and choose the type you want to use.
- Drag the appropriate element to a location on your site.
Put Elements in Your Strips
If you want to add elements to your strips, use the list below.
- Select an appropriate element.
- Re-size the strip so that the element fits in it.
- Drag the element to the strip.
- Drop your icon when it says “Attach to Strip.”
6. Finalize Your Website
After the professionals have the basic layout of your website, they will work on finalizing the features. The details you need will help you answer, “how much should I charge to build a Wix website?” Learn more about some of the available options below.
Add and Edit Text
Before you edit text, you have to learn to add it using the steps below.
- Click “Add” on the left side of the screen and press “Text.”
- Choose if you want paragraph text or a title.
- Drag the elements to your webpage.
To edit your text, the list below will help you.
- Click on “Text” in the editor.
- Press “Edit Text.”
- Type the words you want to add.
- Click on “Text Settings” and change the font, color, and size.
There are several types of links you can incorporate on Wix. These options include websites, email addresses, phone numbers, and anchors.
To add a link to a shape or photo, use the below information.
- Click on the appropriate element.
- Press the link icon.
- Select the type of link you want to insert.
- Type the necessary details.
- Press “Done.”
To link a webpage to your text, consider the below list.
- Click on “Text” in the editor.
- Press “Edit Text.”
- Highlight the text you want to link.
- Click on the link icon.
- Choose the appropriate type and enter the necessary details.
- Press “Done.”
To edit images in Wix, use the below list.
- Click on the appropriate image in the Wix editor.
- Press “Change Image.”
- Choose the image again and press “Crop and Edit.”
- Use the tools provided and press “Save.”
Insert Animations and Transitions
To add an animation to your editor, you can use the information below.
- Add an element from the Wix editor.
- Click on the animation icon. It resembles a diamond with two arrows to the left of it.
- Select one of the options that you like most.
- Adjust the direction, duration, and opacity.
Incorporate Wix Buttons
Buttons on your Wix website help to take you to the appropriate page. It is easy to incorporate these elements, as seen in the list below.
- Click on the section on your website where you want to add a button.
- Press “Edit.”
- Look for the section labeled “Buttons.”
- Select the “Show/Hide” icon.
- Press “Add Button.”
- Enter the text you want to be on your button.
- Press “Link” and choose a destination for your button.
- Click “Done.”
7. Get a Domain
When asking, “how much do web designers charge?” you have to think about the editing process. After, look into the prices of your domain.
You need to find a domain name and the appropriate host for your website. Ensure your title is available and choose the text for your URL.
After, you will need to determine if you want a public or private domain. Finally, you can purchase the hosting services and link your site.
8. Consider SEO
Wix has an SEO Wiz that you can use when building your website. The brand will ask basic questions about your brand, providing you with the keywords you need to incorporate.
You will get the results of the Wix SEO Wiz as soon as you complete the process. You will see your location in search results in your area.
9. Manage Your Dashboard and General Website Settings
The dashboard on Wix is where you can manage your general settings. You will see the information concerning any open orders. Wix will also provide updates concerning managing your website and any upcoming updates.
You can customize your dashboard using your site’s settings. Add shortcuts for connecting your domain, managing your store, renaming your site, and checking the inbox.
How Do You Make Sales on a Wix Website?
If you want to make sales on Wix, you first have to connect your domain. On your dashboard, click on “Business Apps.” You will navigate to the section labeled “Get Traffic.”
In the “Get Traffic” section, monitor your performance standards. Incorporate fixed headers and frequent updates to make your site noticeable.
Finally, you will need to add the Shopping Cart to your Wix website. This feature is fully customizable, allowing you to give your customers the best possible experience.
Costs of Building a Wix Website
Wix has several pricing plans, including the free version. If you choose this subscription, you will have limited functions and have to use the Wix domain. You will need to consider the costs outlined below when you answer, “how much should I charge to build a Wix website?”
The Combo plan is best for personal use. It costs $14 per month.
- 3 GB of storage and 30 minutes of video
- SSL certification
- No Wix advertisements
- Free custom domain for a year
The unlimited plan is best if you have only a few customers. It is $18 per month and includes the additional features below.
- 10 GB of storage and 1 hour of video
- $300 vouchers for ads
- Free site booster app for a year
- Free visitor analytics app for a year
The Pro subscription will give you total branding expertise. Some of the features with this $23 plan are below.
- 20 GB of storage and 2 hours of video
- Free events calendar app for a year
- Free professional logo
- Free social media logos
Finally, the VIP plan is the most expensive. It will cost you $39 a month to get the below features.
- 35 GB of storage and 5 hours of video
- Priority customer service
Which Payment Method Does Wix Accept?
Part of determining the Wix web design cost is the plan you choose. After you select your subscription, you will need to pay.
Wix accepts most major credit cards, including Visa Master Card, American Express, and Discover. You can also sign up for direct debit through SEPA.
How to Receive Payment on a Wix Website?
After you determine your Wix web designer cost and set up a sales page, you need to consider how to accept payments.
You will need to go to the “Accept Payments” page on your dashboard. Click “Connect” next to any method you want to use.
What is the Importance of Building a Wix Website?
If you do not have the budget for the Wix website designer cost, you can use the free plan. No matter the option you choose, Wix makes the entire process user-friendly.
The websites you create on Wix look professional. You have complete freedom over the design features you want to incorporate.
Building a Wix Website
Wix is one of the best platforms available for building your website. After creating an account, you will need to gain expertise in the various editing features. Add layers, insert buttons and photos, and organize separate web pages.
If you do not feel confident in designing the website yourself, hire professional help. Be sure you answer, “How much should I charge to build a Wix website?” in your budget. Most of the time, these designers are well worth it.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence