How to Blur a Face in a Picture on iPhone
If you have children, you may not want to show their faces on the internet. You may also be a photographer who wants to censor the individuals who need privacy.
Thankfully, you can learn how to blur a face in a picture on iPhone devices to keep others’ information private. You will find nine methods to complete that process in the information below.
9 Ways to Blur a Face in a Picture on iPhone
This step-by-step guide will help you learn how to blur a face in a picture on iPhone devices.
You will find several beneficial built-in programs on your iPhone, including iMovie and the Photos app.
How to Blur a Face in a Picture on iPhones
You can use nine methods to learn how to blur out faces in photos on your iPhone.
Some of the options are built-in to your iPhone, and others require you to download a third-party software tool.
1. Blur a Face While Taking a Photo
The first method you can use to learn how to blur a face in a picture on iPhone devices works while taking the photo. The “Camera” app is the standard lens option available on iPhones.
- Open the “Camera” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on another person or item in the picture. Your tap should correspond with what you want in focus.
- Wait for the yellow box to appear that shows the location of the focus.
- Tap the shutter button. It resembles a white circle in the middle of the bottom of the screen.
This method does not blur the face on iPhone as precisely as the options listed below. It only allows you to focus on something else in the image.
2. Use the Blur Faces Shortcut
Newer iPhones have a feature called “Shortcuts.” This built-in app lets you access several tools you can use to perform more advanced tasks. Learn how to use the Blur Faces shortcut to learn how to blur out faces in photos in the steps below.
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Click on the “Shortcuts” option.
- Turn on the toggle switch next to “Allow Untrusted Shortcuts.“
- Wait for the popup window to appear and press “Allow.”
- Go to safari and use the link to the Blur Faces shortcut.
- Tap “Get Shortcut.”
- Open the “Shortcuts” app on your iPhone.
- Tap the “Blur Faces” option on the home screen.
- Choose the photo you want to blur.
3. Use Portrait Mode
You can learn how to pixelate an image on iPhone devices using Portrait mode in your camera settings. The method outlined in the steps below will only work for faces in the background of your photos.
- Open the “Camera” app on your iPhone.
- Slide through the options at the bottom of the screen until you get to “Portrait.”
- Scroll through the lighting options until you find one you want to use.
- Keep the main subject two to eight feet away from you.
- Make sure the subject is sharp and the faces in the background are blurry.
- Tap the shutter button at the bottom of the screen. It resembles a white circle.
4. Use the Editing Tools in the Photos App
The last built-in method you can use to learn how to blur a face in a photo on your iPhone is the editing software in the “Photos” app. Use the markup tools by following the steps below.
- Open the “Photos” app on your iPhone.
- Find the photo with the face you want to blur.
- Tap on the “Edit” button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose the “Extensions” icon. It resembles a circle with three dots in it.
- Click on “Markup.”
- Choose one of the pens at the bottom of the screen.
- Draw on the face you want to hide.
- Tap “Save Changes.”
This method is best for hiding faces on photos on your iPhone. It blacks them out instead of blurring them.
5. Use iMovie
The next built-in tool you can use to learn how to pixelate an image on iPhone devices is iMovie. It is best to use the steps below after airdropping your image to your Mac. You can then upload them into iMovie on your Mac, sending them back to your smartphone after.
- Open iMovie on your computer after airdropping your file.
- Start a new project and add the photo you want to blur.
- Click on the photo in the timeline on iMovie.
- Look for the “Transitions” option in the sidebar.
- Click on the picture in the timeline again.
- Double-click “Cross Blur.” “Cross zoom” and “Ripple are secondary options.
- Right-click the point symbol at the beginning of the transition.
- Select the “Show Precision Editor” option.
- Hover over the end marker in the transition.
- Wait for the cross-hairs to display.
- Drag the end marker to cover the entire photo.
- Export your project and airdrop it back to your iPhone.
Use a Photo Editor
The last four methods you can use to learn how to blur a face in a picture on iPhone devices are mobile apps. Each of the software tools has benefits and disadvantages.
6. Photoshop Express Photo Editor
The first of the third-party apps you can use to learn how to blur a face in a picture on iPhone devices is Photoshop Express Photo Editor. It is available for free, but it allows for in-app purchases.
You can perform many other tasks in this app other than blurring faces. Enhance your images by adjusting the white balance or color mode. Use advanced healing to hide blemishes.
You can mix images using layers and blending techniques on this app also. The collage feature lets you add multiple images to one cohesive frame.
Blur People's Faces in Photoshop Express Photo Editor
The steps below will help you learn how to blur people’s faces in photos in Photoshop Express Photo Editor.
- Download Photoshop Express from the Apple App Store.
- Open the app and upload the photo with the face you want to blur.
- Tap “Adjustments.”
- Scroll through the adjustments menu and choose “Blur.”
- Wait for the circle to appear on the screen. Drag it over the face you want to blur.
- Use the slider at the bottom of the screen to increase the intensity of the effect.
- Tap the upload icon to save the photo to your iPhone. It resembles an upwards-facing arrow surrounded by a square.
Snapseed is another free mobile app you can use to learn how to blur a face in a picture on iPhone devices. This software comes from Google, and it allows for professional editing techniques.
Over 29 tools and features allow you to achieve the perfect image. You can upload JPG or RAW photos to the app to start editing. Make sure to save your edits as presets to return to them later.
The ability to blur faces is one of the many exciting benefits of Snapseed. The Glamour Glow tool lets you add a glow to your photos. Face pose allows you to adjust the frame of a portrait.
Blur People's Faces in Snapseed
Use the steps below to learn how to blur faces in photos by using Snapseed.
- Download Snapseed from the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
- Give Snapseed the permissions for access to your photos.
- Tap the “Tools” option. Choose “Lens Blur.”
- Wait for a circle to appear on your photo. Drag it to the person’s face you need to blur.
- Adjust the size of the circle by pinching your fingers on the screen.
- Tap the checkmark in the bottom left corner when you finish editing.
- Press “Export,” followed by “Save” to add the photo back to your iPhone.
8. Photo Un.Blur
You can use Photo Un.Blur to learn how to blur a face in a picture on iPhone devices for free. Customize the intensity and size of the effect by touching your screen.
Perform more precise editing by zooming and panning on your photos. If you make a mistake, undo your last edit. When you finish editing, easily share your artwork via email or to your social media platforms.
There are three subscription options for Photo Un.blur. You will receive more advanced editing features and avoid a watermark with this option.
Blur People's Faces in Photo Un.Blur
Photo Un.Blur is another app you can use to blur a face iPhone, as seen in the steps below.
- Download Photo Un.Blur on your iPhone from the Apple App Store.
- Upload the photo you want to edit.
- Tap “Blur” in the list of available effects.
- Use your finger to draw over the face you want to blur.
- Click “Filter” to choose a blur effect if you want to use something different.
- Press “Share” to save the photo to your iPhone.
9. Blur Photo Effect Background
Blur Photo Effect Background specifically helps you learn how to blur a face in a picture on iPhone devices. You can remove blemishes, add filters, and censor images using this tool.
You can zoom in, pan over, and rotate your photos to cover any details. Your photos will upload in high resolution, allowing you to export your images to a high quality.
Adjust the blur brush by strength and texture. The offset will help you prevent making mistakes when blurring a face. Add one of the 13 filter effects to add an artistic edge to your edited images.
Blur People's Faces in Blur Photo Effect Background
You can learn how to blur a face in a picture on iPhone devices using any of the above apps. The steps below work for Blur Photo Effect Background, one of the software programs listed.
- Download Blur Photo Effect Background from the Apple App Store.
- Open the app on your iPhone.
- Click on “Editing Tools” and select “Blur.
- Upload the photo you want to edit on the platform.
- Crop the photo if needed. Tap “Done.”
- Tap the blur effect you want to use. On Blur Photo Effect Background, the two options are “Blur” and “Motion Effect.”
- Zoom in on a face to blur it.
- Use your finger to draw the blurred lines on the face.
- Tap “Next” to perform additional editing or add a filter.
- Export the blurred photo to your iPhone’s library.
You should now know how to blur a face in a picture on iPhone devices. The most precise method is to use one of the third-party tools listed above, including Photoshop Express.
You can blur faces in the background of an image by shooting in Portrait mode. You can also try to focus on another area of the photo.
After you take a photo, you can black out a face using the markup tool. There is also a shortcut available for blurring faces. Finally, consider airdropping your image to your Mac to censor it in iMovie.w
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence