How to Blur a Screenshot on iPhone
If you have an iPhone, you can easily take screenshots of any document, photo, or information you need to reference. Sometimes, these screen grabs hold sensitive information.
You can learn how to blur a screenshot on iPhone devices to hide any sensitive information present. You can also remove objects from these photos and conceal text.
How to Blur a Screenshot on iPhone
This guide is here to help you learn how to blur a screenshot on iPhone devices. You will also find information about how to remove objects from a photo and how to blur text in an image.
How to Blur a Screenshot on an iPhone
The first section of this article will teach you how to blur a screenshot on iPhone devices. You can use built-in features on your iPhone, including the Photos app. Additional techniques use the two third-party apps mentioned below.
Blur a Screenshot with the Photos App
You can learn how to blur part of a picture iPhone or the entire image with the below steps. You can use the editing tools in the Photos app on your device.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Find the screenshot that you want to blur and click on it.
- Tap the “Edit” button on the top right side of the app.
- Choose the crop icon. It resembles an overlapping square with rounded arrows around it.
- Make the crop box smaller and drag it if you want to learn how to blur part of a picture iPhone. Keep the crop box as it is to hide the entire content.
- Choose the blur icon in the toolbox.
- Tap “Done” on the bottom right side of the editing screen when you finish.
Use a Third-Party App
You can use a third-party software program to learn how to blur something in a picture on iPhone devices. Two of the best options are below.
1. Blur Photo - Blurit
With Blur Photo – Blurit, otherwise known as Blurify, you can hide any unwanted portion of your images. Your pictures will look professional when you finish editing them.
You can also choose to blur only the background of your photos in Blurify. This feature keeps the subject clear and crisp.
You can adjust the intensity of the blur and the size of the brush in this app. If you make a mistake, undo your last action.
How to Use Blur Photo - Blurit
Use Blur Photo – Blurit to learn how to blur a screenshot on iPhone devices by using the steps below.
- Download Blurify in the Apple App Store.
- Give Blurify permission to access your photos.
- Choose the photo you want to blur.
- Click on the “Blur” effect on your mobile app.
- Adjust the intensity of the blur and the brush size using the sliders.
- Press “Ok” when you finish.
- Add any additional features and tap “Done.”
- Export the final image.
- Blur Photo – Blurit is free to download.
- This app is compatible with your Apple Watch.
- Blur only the background of your photo with just a few clicks.
- Some of the editing features on Blur Photo – Blurit requires you to sign up for a subscription.
- You cannot select a specific object to blur.
2. Blur Photo Editor
You can also learn how to blur a screenshot on iPhone devices using Blur Photo Editor. This program is free to download in the Apple App Store.
You can use a couple of effects to blur portions of your screenshot. Use the “Touch Blur” tool to hide areas of the photo you choose. Consider the “Face Pixelation” feature to conceal faces in your pictures.
Adjust the brush size when using either of the blur features. When you finish editing, save the photo. You can immediately share it with your friends and family members.
Using Blur Photo Editor
The steps below will help you blur your screenshot using Blur Photo Editor.
- Download Blur Photo Editor onto your device.
- Open the app and let it access the photos saved on your smartphone.
- Choose the image you want to blur.
- Select the “Touch Blur” effect.
- Use your finger to choose the parts of the screenshot you want to blur. Watch the path on the magnifying glass for accuracy.
- Adjust the brush size as needed.
- If you make a mistake, choose the “Undo” tool.
- Save the edited photo on your smartphone. Share it with your friends, family members, or on social media.
- You can sharpen the portions of your image that are not blurry.
- Fix your blur with one tap using the “Magic Wand” feature.
- There are over 100 blur effects to browse.
- You cannot zoom in on your image to add a blur effect. This feature is only available when in crop mode.
- You can only layer effects after you save your image.
How to Edit Something in a Picture on iPhone
You can also learn how to edit something out of a picture on iPhone devices. Rather than hide a portion of your image, you will remove an object.
Use the Touch Retouch Editing App
The Touch Retouch Editing app lets you learn how to edit something out of a picture on iPhone devices. You can erase any object in your image without ruining its composition. Touch Retouch is not free, and you have to pay $1.99 to download it from the Apple App Store.
A couple of tools are available to help you remove objects, including the “Object Removal Tool” and the “Quick Repair Tool.” If you want to erase a power line, consider the “Line Removal Tool.” The “Clone Stamp Tool” lets you copy pixels from one section of your image to another.
Learn more about how to remove something out of a photo using each of the tools listed above in the information below.
Upload Your Images to Touch Retouch
You can upload your images with Touch Retouch using the below information.
- Download Touch Retouch in the Apple App Store.
- Open Touch Retouch after it downloads and press “Albums.”
- Find the photo that has an object you need to remove.
- Confirm that you want to open the photo.
The Object Removal Tool
The “Object Removal Tool” is best to erase unsightly items from your photos. You can get rid of a trashcan or erase street signs with the below steps.
- After you open your photo, choose the “Object Removal” tool.
- Choose the “Brush” or “Lasso” to remove the object.
- Brush over the entire object you want to remove if you choose the “Brush” tool. Adjust the size of the feature with the “Settings” option.
- Outline the object you want to remove if you choose the “Lasso” tool.
- Use the “Eraser” to fix anything you do not want to remove.
- Tap “Go” to finalize the removal of the objects.
- Press “Export,” followed by “Gallery” to save the edited image.
The Quick Repair Tool
You can quickly remove objects in Touch Retouch using the “Quick Repair” tool. Tap what you want to erase, releasing your finger right after to get rid of the items. Learn to use the Quick Repair tool with the below list.
- After you select the photo you want to edit, choose the “Quick Repair” tool.
- Choose “Quick Brush” or “Blemish Remover.”
- Use the “Quick Brush” tool to erase small objects.
- Use the “Blemish Remover” tool to remove blemishes and imperfections.
- Adjust the size of either brush using “Settings.”
- Tap the blemish or object you want to remove. Wait for it to turn green.
- Release your finger to erase the object.
The Line Removal Tool
The “Line Removal” tool lets you get rid of power lines, wires, and other straight objects. This feature works best with highly contrasted lines. The steps below help you use this feature.
- After uploading the image, tap the “Line Removal” tool.
- Choose “Line Remover” or “Segment Remover.”
- Remove a whole line with the “Line Remover.” Trace the line with your finger, removing it from the app when you finish. The app will try to erase the object.
- Use the “Segment Remover” tool if you are not happy with the prior results. Trace the section you want to erase. Remove your finger to erase the highlighted segment.
The Clone Stamp Tool
The “Clone Stamp” tool lets you copy pixels from one area to another. You can repair defects and erase sections with duplication with the steps below.
- Wait for your photo to upload and choose the “Clone Stamp” tool.
- Choose the “Brush” option at the bottom.
- Tap “Settings” to adjust the size, hardness, and opacity of the brush.
- Press on the section of your photo that you want to copy.
- Brush the portion you want to erase with your finger. Watch to see the copied pixels replace the object.
- Remove any cloning you no longer need with the “Eraser” tool.
How to Blur Text in a Picture on iPhone
Finally, you can learn how to blur text in a picture on iPhone devices. This process can help you keep your details private, including any identifying information.
Use a Third-Party Photo Editing App
It is easiest to use a third-party editing app to learn how to blur something in a picture on iPhone devices like text. The steps are similar, no matter which platform you use, as shown below.
- Download a photo editing app onto your iPhone.
- Upload the photo you want to edit. Ensure it includes text.
- Select the blur tool within the app.
- Use your finger to brush over the text you want to hide.
- Save and export your photo.
Blurry: Blur Photo Effects
Blurry: Blur Photo Effects is an example of one of the apps you can download to blur text on your photos. It is free with in-app purchases available.
The “Rotate” and “Zoom” features on Blurry: Blur Photo Effects lets you precisely hide the text on your screenshots. If you make a mistake, use the “Unblur” tool.
When you finish editing your photos, upload them to social media. You can also save the images directly to your smartphone.
How to Use Blurry: Blur Photo Effects
The steps below let you blur text using Blurry: Blur Photo Effects.
- Download Blurry: Blur Photo Effects to your iPhone.
- Open the app and find the image you want to blur.
- Choose the specific blur effect you want to use for your text. Tap the checkmark in the top corner when you finish.
- Apply an additional effect to your image if needed. Brush the screen to show the portion you want to hide.
- If you make a mistake, choose the “Erase” tool.
- Save your image and send it to social media if needed.
Blur a Screenshot on an iPhone
This article showed you how to blur a screenshot on iPhone devices. You can use the Photos app editing tools or a third-party software program.
You can also blur text on your device with a third-party mobile app. Finally, remove objects from your screenshots or images using a software program like Touch Retouch.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence