How to Blur Part of a Video on iPhone
Video editing is a fun hobby for many people. When filming, you likely want to share your creations with loved ones. You can also post them on social media.
When creating a movie, you may capture frames of strangers or identifying text. Thankfully, you can blur this information to maintain privacy.
Read the step-by-step guide below to learn how to blur part of a video on iPhone devices.
Step-by-Step Guide to Blurring Out Parts of a Video
This step-by-step guide will help you learn how to blur part of a video on iPhone devices.
Manually Blur Out Parts of a Video
If you want to learn how to blur out part of a video on your iPhone, use iMovie. This software is available on your smartphone and a Mac if you have one.
You can learn how to blur part of a video in iMovie by reading the below information.
Blur Parts of a Movie Using iMovie on Your iPhone
You will need to use the available filters to learn how to blur part of a video in iMovie. You can also download a static mosaic image to overlay your clip.
To learn how to blur part of a video on iPhone devices manually, use the steps below.
- Take a video on your camera roll and preview it to find the blurry section.
- Open iMovie on your iPhone. It comes preinstalled on your device.
- Click on the plus sign to start a new project.
- Give iMovie access to your photos and videos.
- Choose the video you want to upload.
- Add blur filters to your video or download a blurry image from the browser.
- In the menu, press “Video.”
- Select the option labeled “Recently Added.”
- Select the blurry photo or video you want to add to your project.
- Position the clip or video to the appropriate place in the timeline.
- Click on the rectangle tool and press “Rectangle.”
- Press “Done” to save your edits.
Blur Parts of Your Video Using iMovie on Your Mac
If you want to know how to blur out part of a video using your Mac, you will have to airdrop the file. To send your clip from your phone to your computer, use the below steps.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the share button. It resembles a small square with an upward-facing arrow.
- Press the airdrop option.
- Choose your Mac in the list of potential contacts.
- Wait for the file to send.
- Click “Accept” on your Mac.
After you airdrop your video to your Mac, you can use iMovie to learn how to blur part of a video on iPhone. The first method is to access transitions, as seen in the steps below.
- Open iMovie on your Mac.
- Start a new project and upload the clip.
- Click on your video in the timeline to highlight it.
- Choose a specific frame by placing the marker at the beginning of it.
- Press “Modify,” followed by “Split Clip.”
- Repeat steps four and five for the ending of the frame.
- Click on the split section you created.
- Press “Transitions” on the menu.
- Double-click on “Cross Blur.” Adjust the level of the effect by using the slider.
- Right-click the transition on your timeline.
- Press “Show Precision Editor” and hover your circle over the circle.
- Drag the marker further down the timeline to increase the effect.
- Press “Done” to save your video.
Insert an Additional File
You can also learn how to blur out part of a video on a Mac using an additional file in iMovie. Use the steps below after you airdrop your file.
- Open iMovie on your Mac.
- Select the menu and press “Preferences.”
- Scroll to the section labeled “General Preferences.”
- Click on “Show Advanced Tools.”
- Start a new project in iMovie and upload your clip.
- Click on the video in the timeline to make it larger.
- Press “Shift-Command-4” on your keyboard to capture a screenshot of the part of the video you want to blur..
- Use a photo editor to blur the screenshot. Save the new version.
- Drag the blurred image over the timeline in iMovie. Position it where it belongs.
- Press “Picture in Picture.”
- When you finish editing your movie, press “Done.”
Blur Out Parts of a Video Using Alternatives Tools
There are third-party tools in the Apple App Store you can use to learn how to blur part of a video on iPhone devices.
1. Blur Video Background
Use the Blur Video Background app to learn how to blur a video on iPhone for free. You can hide backgrounds, faces, words, and other specific portions.
When you learn how to blur part of a video on iPhone devices using this app, you can choose between rectangular or circular shapes. There are also standard or pixelated settings.
After you make the blur, you can adjust the intensity and the covered area. Change the keyframes to hide moving parts.
- Keyframe adjustments for moving parts
- Download your video in 4K resolution
- Share your videos directly to social media
- Blur multiple objects in the same video
Some bugs when importing videos
Using Blur Video Background
The steps below will help you learn how to censor a video on iPhone devices using this app.
- Download Blur Video Background from the Apple App Store.
- Choose the location where you want to save your video.
- Give the app access to your images. Upload the appropriate clip.
- Go to the editing page.
- Tap the toggle bar to choose “Blur” or “Pixelate.”
- Choose the form of blur you want to use in the bottom toolbar.
- Move your finger across the part of the video you want to blur.
- Press “Upload.”
- Choose the quality and press “Save to Camera Roll.”
VideoShow is one of the most popular mobile editors you can use to learn how to blur part of a video on iPhone devices. It has facial recognition software that helps you hide portions of your clips.
There are additional editing features available on VideoShow. You can create slow-motion clips, add sound effects, or place stickers on your movies.
You can save your videos in HD when you finish editing them. Do not worry, as VideoShow will not crop your footage.
- User-friendly platform
- Add fun graphics using the text tools and stickers
- Intuitive interface that is responsive to your needs
- Personal data sharing
- Too many advertisements
- Paid subscription necessary for advanced features
Using VideoShow to Blur Videos
You can use VideoShow to learn how to censor a video on iPhone devices with the below steps.
- Download VideoShow from the Apple App Store.
- Click on “Blur” when you open the app.
- Give the app permission to access your photos and videos.
- Choose the video you want to edit.
- Adjust the rotation of the video.
- Increase the blur intensity and radius.
- Press “Save Video.”
3. Video Toolbox Movie Maker
Video Toolbox Movie Maker is another app you can use to learn how to blur a video on iPhone for free. You can apply the same effect to multiple clips and objects in your film.
There are more than 30 transitions to apply to your video clips. Use the text settings to add subtitles to any of your videos.
You can create a watermark for any of your films. This feature will help you maintain copyright for any media you want to create.
- You can cut and trim your video when blurring it
- Play a video in the reverse direction to further preview it
- Use static blurring in your clips
- You can add a green screen to your film
- You need a subscription to save your video
- You cannot blur moving objects
Blur Parts of Your Video Using Video Toolbox Movie Maker
To learn how to blur part of a video on iPhone devices using Video Toolbox, look to the list below.
- Download Video Toolbox Movie Maker from the Apple App Store.
- Open the app and click on “Video Editor.”
- Give Video Toolbox permission to access your photos and videos.
- Choose the appropriate clip you want to edit.
- Click on the video in the timeline and choose “Blur.”
- Adjust the intensity of the effect.
- Press the share icon in the top right corner.
- Save the video to your camera roll.
How to Blur Out Faces on a Video on iPhone
You can also learn how to blur a face in a video on iPhone devices. You can use a third-party app or iMovie to start this process.
The steps required to learn how to blur a face in a video on iPhone devices are below.
- Open iMovie on your iPhone or Mac.
- Click on “Preferences.”
- Press “Show Advanced Tools.”
- Upload the appropriate video to your timeline.
- Screenshot the portion of the video with the face that you want to blur.
- If you are on your iPhone, crop the face.
- Edit the screenshot to increase a blur on the image.
- Import the image into your project.
- Adjust the length of the image to last for the duration of the scene.
- Save your video by pressing “Done.”
How to Blur Text in a Video
If you want to learn how to blur text in video files, you can use iMovie. You will need to save a generic blurry image to start. To learn how to blur part of a video on iPhone devices, for this reason, continue reading.
- Save a generic blurry image from your mobile browser.
- Open iMovie and start a new project.
- Upload the video you want to edit.
- Click on the music and video icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose the blurry image you saved.
- Press the three horizontal dots and choose the option in the middle. .
- Click on the image on the timeline.
- Move the image over your text using the arrows.
- Press “Done” to finish.
Blur Out Parts of a Video on iPhone
You should feel comfortable learning how to blur part of a video on iPhone devices. You can use iMovie or a third-party app to complete the process.
When using iMovie, you can edit your video on your Mac or iPhone. You will need your computer if you want to incorporate blur transitions.
When using iMovie on your iPhone, you need to save a generic blurry image. You will upload this media over your video to finalize the process.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence