How to Blur Text in a Picture on Iphone
You can take photos and videos of anything on your iPhone. You can even capture sensitive information included in documents!
If you want to share this sensitive information, you should conceal it. You can learn how to blur text in a picture on iPhone devices using features and apps on your smartphone. The guide below will teach you some of the best methods!
How to Blur Text in a Picture on iPhone
This guide will help you learn how to blur text in a picture on iPhone devices. You can keep your or others’ information private and secure, no matter the photo or video you capture.
You can use one built-in method to learn how to blur text in a picture on iPhone devices. Access the Markup tool within the editing software in the Photos app on your smartphone.
Use the Markup Tool
The below steps will show you how to blur part of an image, including text on a photo, using Markup in the Photos app.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone. Find the photo you want to blur.
- Tap “Edit” on the top right of the photo.
- Press the three horizontal dots in the circle in the top right.
- Choose the markup icon. It resembles a ballpoint pen.
- Press the plus sign on the bottom right of the editing window.
- Tap the square in the pop-up menu.
- Press the overlapping square and circle icon in the bottom left.
- When the pop-up menu appears, press the filled-in square.
- Move the square that appears on the screen over the text you want to hide.
- Use the blue dots around the square to adjust the size.
- Tap “Done” when you finish editing.
Top Image Blurring Apps for 2022
One of the best ways to learn how to blur text in a picture on iPhone devices is to download an image blurring app. Six of the best options are in the article below.
1. Photo Un.Blur
Photo Un.Blur lets you customize the intensity and size of the blur effect. Zoom in on the text you want to conceal to achieve precise results.
If you make a mistake, you can use the “Undo” and “Redo” buttons. You can share your images after editing them, and sending them directly to your email or social media page.
How to Blur Text in Photo Un.Blur
You can learn how to blur an image in Photo Un.Blur with the below information.
- Download the Photo Un.Blur tool in the Apple App Store.
- Upload the image with the text you want to hide.
- Tap on “Blur” in the bottom right.
- Choose the blur effect you want to use for your image under “Blur Style.”
- Click on “Size” to change the brush.
- Press “Intensity” to adjust how severe the blur is.
- Use your finger to brush over the text you want to blur.
- Tap “Share” in the bottom right to finish editing your image.
- You can adjust the size and intensity of a blur effect for precise editing.
- Send your edited images directly to social media.
- If you make a mistake, press “Erase” on the bottom toolbar.
- You can further edit your image using the filters provided in the app.
- You have to sign up for a premium subscription to access all of the editing features.
2. Blur Photo Effect Background
Blur Photo Effect Background is another free-to-use tool that lets you conceal text. You can zoom, pan over, and rotate the image in the editing process to achieve the results you desire.
After you blur the text, hide any blemishes on your subjects. You can also apply one of the 13 filters to create an edited design.
How to Blur Text in Blur Photo Effect Background
You can learn how to blur text in a picture on iPhone devices using Blur Photo Effect Background with the steps below.
- Download Blur Photo Effect Background onto your iPhone.
- Upload the photo with the text you want to hide.
- Tap “Blur” in the bottom left.
- Use the sliders to adjust the size and distance.
- Brush over the text you want to hide once you click on the appropriate blur effect.
- If you make a mistake, tap “Unblur” and brush over the error.
- Tap the share icon in the top right to download your photo.
- Zoom in on and rotate images while you edit them.
- Use the blemish remover to hide dirt or pimples on your subjects.
- This app is very user-friendly for beginners.
- If you make a mistake, use the “Unblur” feature.
- You do not get access to every feature unless you have a premium subscription.
AfterFocus is another tool you can download on your iPhone. This option is not free, but it only costs $0.99.
You can blur words in a photo by selecting the area you want in focus. You only need to draw lines around everything but the text, letting AfterFocus do the rest of the work.
How to Blur Text in AfterFocus
Read the steps below to blur text in AfterFocus.
- Download AfterFocus on your iPhone.
- Tap “Camera” to capture a new image of text you need to blur. Choose “Album” to find a photo on your iPhone.
- Choose “Smart” in the pop-up window for selecting the focus area.
- Use your fingers to draw lines around the portions of your image you need in focus.
- Tap the “Eraser” tool if you make a mistake.
- Press “Preview” to make sure the app concealed the text.
- Tap the share icon to save your image.
- You only have to select the focus areas. AfterFocus automatically detects the portions of the image you need to blur.
- Add motion blur if you want a sense of realism.
- Share your images via text message or email.
- AfterFocus is not free.
- You cannot share your images directly on social media.
4. Mosaic & Blur Photo Editor
Mosaic & Blur Photo Editor lets you conceal text on your photos. You can add a mosaic on top to make your image look unique and broken.
When you blur words in photo using Mosaic & Blur Photo Editor, you can adjust the tint and temperature. Adjust the softness to determine how harsh the effect appears.
How to Blur Text in Mosaic & Blur Photo Editor
You can blur text in Mosaic & Blur Photo Editor by following the information in the list below.
- Download Mosaic & Blur Photo Editor on your iPhone.
- Give Mosaic & Blur Photo Editor access to your photo album.
- Tap on “Blur” and draw over the portion of the image you want to hide.
- Use the sliders to adjust the “Softness,” “Temperature,” “Tint,” “Saturation,” and “Brightness.”
- Press “Compare” if you want to preview your image before saving it.
- Tap “Save” in the top right.
- You can blur an entire image or choose a specific section.
- Add a mosaic effect on top of the blur for a pixelated edit.
- Adjust the temperature, tint, or saturation of any image.
- The app is extremely simplistic. There are not as many features as some of the other software options.
- Sometimes, the app crashes due to bugs.
5. Blur Image
Software designers created Blur Image specifically for iPads. It works on iPhones also, allowing you to conceal the parts of your photos you want to hide.
After opening the app, choose the blur feature. Move your finger over the text you want to hide on your image. Adjust the intensity of the blur to your liking.
How to Blur Text in Blur Image
You can use Blur Text to blur words in photo on your iPhone with the below steps.
- Download Blur Image from the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
- Upload the image with the text you want to blur.
- Click on the blur icon. It is the smiley face furthest to the right.
- Use your finger to draw over the portion of the image you want to conceal.
- Move the slider to the right to increase the intensity of the blur.
- Tap the green checkmark.
- Press the share icon to save your edited photo.
- You can blur text with your finger.
- Export your images directly to your iPhone or email them to your loved ones.
- Adjust the intensity of the blur effect you want to use.
- There are only two blur effects available. One creates a pixelated image.
6. Blur Photo Plus
The last of the third-party apps you can use to blur text is Blur Photo Plus. It is free, but there are in-app purchases for additional features.
After you blur text in your photo, continue having fun in the editing process. Apply filters, stickers, or typographies to your images. You can also add these editing features while taking the photo!
How to Blur Text in Blur Photo Plus
You can use the below steps to conceal text in an image in Blur Photo Plus.
- Download Blur Photo Plus to your device.
- Allow the app to access your photos.
- Choose the image you want to edit, followed by the blur effect you want to use.
- Use your finger to swipe over the text you want to hide.
- Move the pink slider to the right to increase the intensity of the blur.
- Use the share icon to export your blurred image.
- This app lets you add effects while you take a photo.
- You can add stickers, filters, and typography to any image.
- The blurring feature is smooth and precise.
- You have to purchase premium filters and stickers.
How to Blur License Plate iPhone
You can learn to blur license plate iPhone if a vehicle exists in the background of your photo. You can complete this process while capturing the image or after you take it.
While Taking a Picture
You can use portrait mode to blur a license plate while taking a photo on your iPhone, as seen below.
- Open the “Camera” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll through the bottom options until you get to “Portrait.”
- Choose the lighting option you prefer.
- Make sure you are two to eight feet away from the license plate. Keep it out of the focus area.
- Press the white circle to take the picture.
After Taking a Picture
You can also conceal the text on the license plate after taking the picture if you do not want to use portrait mode. Use the Markup tool in the “Photos” app or download one of the mentioned third-party apps.
How to Blur License Plates in iPhone Videos
You can also learn to conceal a license plate in a video. You can only blur the letters and numbers after you capture the footage.
You can blur a license plate in a video in iMovie, a built-in video editing app on your iPhone.
- Open iMovie and press “Create New Project.”
- Tap the plus sign to start your project.
- Upload the video with the license plate you want to blur.
- Click on the video to put it on the timeline.
- Scroll through the footage until you get to a screen of the license plate.
- Screenshot the image of the license plate.
- Open the screenshot on your iPhone in the Photos app or one of the third-party tools mentioned.
- Click the plus sign-in iMovie to add the blurred screenshot.
- Layer the screenshot over the portion of the clip with the license plate on the timeline.
- Choose the “Picture in Picture” layering method.
- Press the share icon to export your edited video.
Movstash is a free third-party app you can download onto your iPhone. The steps below will help you blur a license plate using this software.
- Download Movstash to your iPhone.
- Upload the video with the license plate you want to blur.
- Press the plus sign to add a blur.
- Move the slider to when the license plate first appears.
- Drag the red section to the license plate.
- Move the slider to when the clip with the license plate ends.
- Drag the red section back to the license plate.
- Press the last thumbnail at the bottom of the screen to blur the license plate.
- Tap the trashcan icon to delete the clear license plate.
- Press “Ok.”
Blur Text in a Picture on iPhone Devices
You should feel comfortable about knowing how to blur text in a picture on iPhone devices. You can use the Markup tool in the Photos app or download a third-party software program.
You can also conceal text, including license plates, in videos. Use iMovie or Movstash, another third-party tool available in the Apple App Store.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence