How to Cancel Starz Free Trial
You’ve used Starz’s seven-day free trial and found out it wasn’t for you. Whether you didn’t find anything you enjoyed, or simply don’t want to pay the subscription fee to keep it, it’s fine. You can cancel your subscription at any time, and for any reason — as long as you know how to cancel Starz’s free trial.
If you’re in a bit of a pickle with your Starz entertainment cancellation, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered with this very simple, easy-to-follow guide to terminating your subscription or free trial on a multitude of platforms.
How to Cancel Starz Free Trial (Step by step)
If you don’t know how you signed up for the free trial in the first place, now’s the time to find out. You’ll need to know this information in order to go ahead with your Starz entertainment cancellation. If you started the free trial with a service other than Starz or their app, then you’ll need to go through that service to cancel.
1. Go to the Starz website, or open the app.
No matter whether you choose to use the site or the app, you need to log in so you can get to your Starz account.
2. Once you're in, go to "Settings."
In the app, this will let you go to “Account management.” From there, you can view a list of options, including “My Subscription.”
On the website, you can go right from “Settings” to “My Subscription.”
3. View your provider.
After going to “My Subscription,” you’ll be able to see the partner provider for your Starz free trial.
If your provider is Starz themselves, you’ll be able to cancel right from that screen. Just choose “Cancel my subscription,” and follow the steps provided on the site.
If your partner provider is anyone other than Starz, continue following this guide.
4. Once you know your provider, you can follow their instructions to figure out how to cancel Starz free trial.
Each service is a little bit different, but they all follow the same basic premise: Go to your account, find your list of subscriptions, choose Starz, and then follow the links provided there to manage or cancel your trial. Below, we’ll go into each individual provider in a little more depth.
How to Cancel Starz Free Trial on Roku
From your Roku:
- Turn on your television and Roku.
- This should take you to the channel grid screen. From there, locate the Starz channel and navigate to it.
- Tap the star (*) button on your remote to bring up the options menu.
- Select “Manage subscription” and tap the “OK” button.
- You’ll have two options: Cancel, or leave unchanged and exit. Select “Cancel subscription.”
- A screen will pop up asking if you really want to cancel, and reminding you of how much time you have left in your free trial. Select “Cancel subscription” again to confirm your choice.
From the Roku website:
- Go to my.roku.com on your mobile device or computer.
- Sign into your account.
- Scroll down until you see “Manage your subscriptions.” Click or tap on it.
- This will show you a list of all of the channels to which you’ve subscribed. Scroll down until you see Starz.
- Click or tap on “Cancel subscription.”
- You’ll be asked why you’ve chosen to cancel. Since you can cancel Starz whenever you want, it doesn’t matter what you enter here. This is just for quality assurance purposes.
- Submit your reason to complete the process.
If this doesn’t work, you might feel like yelling, “I don’t know how to cancel my Starz subscription!” Don’t worry. Roku has a robust customer service portal that can help you sort things out.
Cancel Starz Free Trial Amazon
From the Appstore app:
- Open up the Amazon Appstore. If you aren’t already logged in to your account, do so now.
- Pick “My Apps.” This will bring you to a screen where you can see your list of subscriptions.
- Scroll down until you spot Starz.
- Select it, and tap on “Cancel.”
- Open your browser and go to Amazon’s website. Make sure that you’re logged in, and navigate to your Amazon Prime account.
- This will show you the “Manage Channels” section of your Prime account.
- Look at the “Prime Video Channels” section. You should see Starz listed there.
- Click on it, and select “Cancel Channel.”
- Confirm your decision on the next screen.
How to Cancel Starz Free Trial in Google Play
You can either follow this workflow on Google Play’s help site, which will guide you through everything, or do so from within the app itself.
Within the app:
- Tap on your profile icon in the top right corner.
- Look for “Payments & Subscriptions.” When you see it, tap on it.
- Tap on “Subscriptions.” This will show you a list of things you’re subscribed to.
- Check this list. If you don’t see Starz right away, keep scrolling until you do.
- Tap on it, followed by “Cancel.”
How to Cancel Starz Free Trial Through iTunes & App Store
- On your Apple device, open your “Settings” menu.
- You should see your name located at the top. Tap on it.
- Navigate to “iTunes & App Store,” then tap on that.
- Select your Apple ID, then “View Apple ID.” You may be prompted to enter your login credentials here.
- Tap “Subscriptions.”
- This will show your subscription details, including renewal options for once your free trial is over. At the bottom, there’ll be a button labeled “Cancel Subscription” in red text.
- Tap on this button. A popup labeled “Confirm Cancellation” will appear.
- Tap on the “Confirm” button to finish.
How to Cancel Starz Free Trial Through Your Cable or Satellite Provider
You may be able to access your account through your provider’s website, then request a cancellation there. Since there are a lot of providers, and each is different, your best bet is to contact them directly and say, “I’m not sure how to cancel my Starz subscription.” They’ll either walk you through it, or handle it for you over chat, email, or the phone.
Can you cancel Starz before the free trial ends?
Absolutely! You can cancel Starz free trial on Amazon, Google Play, Roku, or even cable or satellite at any time. You may be prompted to tell your partner provider why you decided to cancel.
How do I remove a card from Starz?
If you just want to change your payment method to a different credit or debit card or delete an old one, you need to follow the instructions for your specific subscription service. If you want to cancel completely, the guide above can walk you through the entire process.
My Starz partner provider isn't showing my subscription. How can I cancel?
If your partner provider isn’t showing a subscription for you, you can try canceling through the Starz website. Otherwise, check the website to make sure that you’ve got the right provider. If Amazon is listed as your provider, for example, you won’t be able to cancel through Google Play or iTunes.
Can I cancel a Starz free trial or subscription that isn't mine?
Depending on the situation, yes. If a loved one passes away, for example, you may be required to perform the duties of an executor and tie up loose ends. You’ll need their login credentials (or enough information to recover their password), a death certificate, and proof of your relationship to the deceased in order to cancel their Starz account.
Want to Know How to Cancel Starz Free Trial? Here's How:
If you’ve decided that Starz just isn’t your bag, there’s no worries. You’re able to cancel whenever you like, as long as you:
- Determine who your Starz provider is. This might be Starz themselves, but could also be Roku, Amazon, Google Play, or your cable or satellite company.
- Access the account you have with that provider.
- Find your list of subscriptions.
- Follow their guidelines on how to cancel Starz free trial.
- If prompted to do so, submit your reason for the cancellation.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence