How to Change the Background of a Picture on iPhone
Using creative effects on your photos is one of the best ways to edit them. You can add filters, change background colors, and superimpose images on others.
iPhones are powerful tools that let you edit your images in many different ways. You can also download third-party tools from the Apple App Store for more advanced techniques.
Learn how to change the background of a picture on iPhone devices by downloading a third-party software program. You can also access mobile websites to perform this editing process, as shown in the guide below.
How to Change the Background of a Picture on an iPhone
This guide will help you learn how to edit the background of a photo on iPhone free. There are online tools and mobile apps you can use for these effects.
How to Change the Background of a Picture for Free
You must remove the back of an image before you learn how to change the background of pictures on iPhone devices. After, you can replace it with a color or can move the image on top of another one.
The first group of tools to help you learn how to change the background of a picture on iPhone devices are on a website. You can access those options below using your iPhone browser.
You can use PhotoScissors.com to learn how to change the background of pictures on iPhone devices. Follow the below steps after you go to PhotoScissors.com on your mobile browser.
- Go to www.PhotoScissors.com on your mobile browser.
- Click the “Upload” button.
- Choose the photo you want to edit.
- Use the green icon to mark the foreground of your photo.
- Click on the red icon to edit the background of your image.
- Use the eraser icon to fix any potential mistakes.
- Preview your changes on the right side of the screen.
- Click the “Save” button to export your edited image as a PNG.
Remove.bg will also help you edit background of photo iPhone. You can remove the back of your images by following the below steps.
- Go to www.remove.bg on your mobile browser.
- Click the “Upload Image” button.
- Choose the photo that no longer needs its background.
- Wait for the new window to open.
- Let Remove.bg automatically remove the background.
- Fine tune your edits by pressing the “Edit” menu. Click on “Erase/Restore.”
- Replace the background with a new image.
- Download your edited photo.
Remove.bg also has an app you can download on Android devices, but it is not available on iPhones.
The best apps you can use to learn how to change the background of a picture on iPhone devices are below.
Auto Background Changer
The first app to change the background of a photo on iPhone free is Auto Background Changer. You can download it from the Apple App Store and use the Cut and Paste Photo Editor.
- Download Auto Background Changer from the Apple App Store.
- Select the image where you want to use the Cut and Paste Photo Editor.
- Select the “Cut and Paste Photo Editor.”
- Trace the portions of your image you want to keep.
- Remove the background.
- Choose one of the new backgrounds in the app or leave it black.
Simple Background Changer
Simple Background Changer is available on Android smartphones. You cannot use this app to change the background of a photo on iPhone devices, but it is beneficial for Androids.
- Download Simple Background Changer from the Google Play Store on your Android.
- Give Simple Background Changer access to your photos and choose the one you want to edit.
- Click on the “Finger Touch” tool to erase the background.
- Use the “Magnifying Glass” to zoom and make precise edits.
- Add a new color or background to your photos.
- Export your images when you finish replacing the background.
What to Do After You Remove the Background
The last step in learning to edit background of photo iPhone is to replace the color or change the image. More details are in the below information.
Change the Background Color
The first way you can learn how to change the background of a picture on iPhone devices is to replace the color. Make the back of your image white or black or choose a bright color. Ensure it matches the subject in your photos to get the best results.
Drop the Image into a New Background
Some of these apps let you drop your image’s foreground into a new background. You can use one of the pre-installed options in the software programs or upload a new photo. You will place a human or another subject into a different setting for a creative look.
How to Get a White Background in Photos on iPhone
You can specifically learn how to change background iPhone photo to white. There are mobile apps that can help with this process.
iPhone Apps to Make a White Background
Consider using one of the below apps to make your background color white.
Apowersoft Background Eraser
Use the Apowersoft Background Eraser app to change the background of a photo on iPhone devices. You can make it white with a few clicks, as seen below.
- Download Apowersoft Background Eraser on your iPhone from the Apple App Store.
- Choose the “One-Click Cutout” editor.
- Upload the image where you want a white background.
- Wait for the image with the transparent background to appear.
- Tap the “Background” option.
- Click on the “Color” option.
- Choose the white option.
- Press the checkmark.
- Tap “Save” to download your edited image.
Superimpose is not free, and you must pay $1.99 to download it from the Apple App Store. It lets you change the background or the color of your images. Use Superimpose by following the below steps.
- Download Superimpose from the Apple App Store.
- Save a plain white photo to your iPhone.
- Tap the “Library” option.
- Click on “Photos” and find the white image you want to use as your background.
- Crop the image as needed and tap “Choose.”
- Click on the “Layers” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Press “Add Layer,” followed by “Photo Layer.”
- Open the image you want to use in the foreground.
- Tap “Transform” to move the second image. Resize it my dragging the corner boxes.
- Press the export icon to save your image. It resembles an upward-facing arrow in the middle of a box.
Magic Eraser Background Editor
If you have iOS 11 or later, you can use Magic Eraser Background Editor. You will learn how to get a white background in photos on iPhone devices in Magic Eraser Background Editor by following the below steps.
- Download Magic Eraser Background Editor from the Apple App Store.
- Import the image you need to edit.
- Tap the “Erase” option to remove the background.
- Look for the “Tolerance” feature and change the box to white.
- Tap “Save” to download the image to your camera roll.
How to Add a Black Background to a Photo
Finally, you can learn how to edit the background of a photo on iPhone free by changing it black. Most of the mobile apps in this article will help you. You can also use an online tool to darken your background, as shown below.
One of the best online tools you can use when wanting to learn how to change the background of a picture on iPhone devices black is Photoscissors.com. You can better understand its benefits below.
Learn how to change the color of a picture on iPhone devices to black by following the below steps.
- Go to www.photoscissors.com on a mobile browser.
- Click the “Open” icon.
- Wait for the background to automatically disappear on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the “Background” tab.
- Press “Color” in the dropdown menu.
- Choose black as your background color.
- Adjust the position and scale of your foreground.
- Click “Save” to download the file.
How Do I Change the Background Color of a Picture on My iPhone?
You can learn how to change the background of a picture on iPhone devices by using an online tool or mobile app. Most of these software programs let you cut out the back of your image first.
You should replace the background after cutting out the back of your image. You can choose a new color for the back of your photos. You can also superimpose the foreground on another picture.
Which App Can I Use to Change the Background of a Picture?
You can easily find an app to change the background of a photo on an iPhone free. Download them from the Apple App Store.
Three of the best mobile apps for removing images include Apowersoft Background Eraser, Superimpose, and Magic Eraser Background Editor. All three of these options let you cut out the back of your photo, editing it how you need to after.
How Do I Remove the Background from a Photo in Apple Photos?
Airdrop your images to your Mac to learn how to remove the background of a photo on Apple Photos. Open the Preview app to begin the below steps.
- Double-click a photo in the Finder window to open the Preview app.
- Click the “Show Markup Toolbar” option. It resembles a pen tip.
- Choose the “Smart Lasso.”
- Trace the edges of the portions of the image you want to keep.
- Press “Crop” to remove everything outside your trace lines.
Change the Background of a Picture on an iPhone
You can learn how to change the background of a picture on iPhone devices with a mobile app or browser website. These tools let you remove the back of the image first, replacing it with the color of another photo later.
You will mark the foreground and background of your images, or you can trace around the portions you want to keep. Tap the eraser tool or wait for the software to delete what you do not need.
After removing the background, upload a new image. You can also select a color from the built-in palettes on the software programs.
Start downloading your image when you finish editing it. Save it to your iPhone where you can access it at any time.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence