How to Change the Color of a Logo Without Photoshop
If you are a business owner, you likely have a logo. This graphic helps to market your company.
When designing a logo, you need to have a comprehensive color scheme and theme. You should have multiple versions of the same graphic for different marketing materials.
One of the easiest ways to make multiple versions of your logo is to change its color. If you do not have advanced photo editing software on your computer, there are free options. Learn how to change the color of a logo without Photoshop or other expensive tools in the guide below.
How to Change the Color of a Logo Without Photoshop
Use this article to learn how to change the color of a logo without Photoshop. Most of the tools mentioned are available in a browser of your choice.
Use Online Color Formatting Tools
You can find a color replacement tool online to help you change the look of your images. Some of the best programs are in the list below.
Pixlr Editor is a tool that lets you recolor image online free. You can show your creativity with the press of a button when using this software.
Most beginners love Pixlr Editor, as the interface is very user-friendly. You can finalize your photo edits in only a few minutes!
There are several layouts and templates readily available on Pixlr Editor. Create collages, add artistic effects, and make content for your business. Make sure to adjust the color to the theme you have in mind.
Change the Color of a Logo Using Pixlr Editor
You can learn how to change the color of a logo without Photoshop in Pixlr Editor, as shown in the steps below.
- Go to the Pixlr Editor website and upload an image of your logo.
- Choose the color replacement tool in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Resize your brush.
- Use the color selector tool to choose a specific palette or one color. You can also use the eyedropper tool to find a sample in your image.
- Adjust the intensity of the color.
- Use the brush where you want the new color by clicking and holding the mouse.
- Release the mouse when you finish adding the new color.
- Repeat steps three through seven for additional colors.
- Export the image to your computer.
Luna Pic is another online photo editor you can use to perform editing steps. Access the filters to watercolor paint or draw on your images.
Use the “Color Change” feature to learn how to recolor image online free in Luna Pic. You can also select “Black and White” if you want a greyscale photo.
Change the Color of a Logo Using Luna Pic
Use the below information to learn how to change color of image online using the “Color Change” tool in Luna Pic.
- Go to the LunaPic website on a browser of your choice.
- Upload the image you want to recolor.
- Wait for the editing window to load.
- Click the eye dropper tool on the lefthand menu.
- Choose the new color you want to use in the color wheel.
- Press “Replace Color” to completely change the look of the image.
- Click “Color Tint” if you want softer edits.
- Adjust the intensity of the new color.
- Click on the color you want to replace in your image.
- Click “Apply Color.”
- Save the image or share it on social media.
IMG Online is one of the most comprehensive photo editing tools you can use to replace color in image online. You can choose new shades with a HEX code or the menu selection tool.
Unfortunately, IMG Online does not allow you to preview the changes before applying them. You have to predict the appearance of your image. If you are not fond of the results, you have to start again.
Change the Color of a Photo Using IMG Online
You can learn how to use this color replacement tool online with the below information.
- Go to the IMG Online website on your favorite browser.
- Upload the image you need to edit.
- Click the color in your image that you want to replace.
- Choose the color you want to replace in the menu.
- Adjust the intensity of the new color.
- Select “Smooth” or “Sharp” for the replacement style.
- Process your image by choosing “JPEG” or “PNG.”
- Export the recolored image when you finish editing it.
How to Change the Color of a Logo in Canva
You can also learn how to change the color of a logo in Canva. This online tool comes with hundreds of templates, icons, font styles, and graphics. You can use any of these features in your design, adjusting the color as needed.
You can use several methods to learn how to change the color of a logo without Photoshop in Canva, as seen below.
Adjust the Image's Tint
Canva first lets you adjust an image’s tint when editing it. The process outlined below provides a softer color change.
- Go to www.canva.com and log in to your account.
- Press “Create a New Design.”
- Click on the “Upload” tab on the left, followed by “Upload Media.”
- Select the image you want to edit. Drag and drop it to your template.
- Click on the image and press “Adjust.”
- Move the “Brightness” slider all the way to the right.
- Move the “Tint” slider to the left or right to change the color.
- Make the colors brighter by moving the slider labeled “X-Process.”
- Press the download icon to save your image.
Use the Duotone Feature
The next method you can use to replace color in image online with Canva is to add the duotone effect. Follow the below steps after you start a new project.
- Click on the “Uploads” tab and find your image.
- Drag and drop the upload to the blank template.
- Tap on the image and press “Effects.”
- Click “Duotone” and choose one of the color options.
- Press the “Adjustment” panel for the color you selected.
- Change the “Highlights” to black.
- Adjust the “Shadows” to the new color you want to use.
- Download your recolored image.
Change from a Color to White in Canva
A white logo is a perfect option if you have a darker color scheme. You will again use the duotone effect to make this adjustment.
- Open Canva’s website and log in to your account.
- Click on “Upload” and find the image you want to make white.
- Drag and drop the image to the template.
- Click on the image in the template. Press on “Effects.”
- Select the “Duotone” option.
- Choose one of the color effects.
- Change both “Highlights” and “Shadows” to white.
- Download the image.
If you want the image against a dark background, choose “Transparent Background” when downloading. You will receive a PNG file.
How to Change the Color of PNG Image Online
Finally, you can learn how to change PNG color without Photoshop features. The methods and tools outlined below will help with these transparent images.
The first tool you can use to change color of PNG image online is Picwish. The process required is in greater detail below.
- Open the Picwish website on your favorite browser.
- Click “Upload Image” to add your photo.
- Press “Edit,” followed by “Change Background.”
- Choose a new color for the background of your image.
- Download your edited image. You can keep it as a PNG or change the file format.
AutoClipping is best for creating transparent backgrounds for PNG files. It lets you remove any details in the back of your photos.
You have to learn how to change the color of a logo without Photoshop to remove the background. You do not have to upload business graphics to use the steps below. AutoClipping is compatible with most images.
- Go to the Autoclipping website on your browser.
- Drag and drop your image to the workspace.
- Select the red background brush. Mark the back of your photo. Adjust the thickness as needed.
- Use the green brush to show the foreground. Again, adjust the thickness as needed.
- Select the scalpel tool to refine the edges around the foreground.
- Click on the “Background” dropdown menu in the bottom left.
- Choose white or any other colors.
- Click on “Colors.”
- Increase the brightness of your image and make any other adjustments.
- Download the logo or photo back to your computer.
Apowersoft Online Background Eraser
Apowersoft Online Background Eraser helps you learn to change color of PNG image online, making it white. It automatically separates the two layers of your images, providing you with the exact outline you need. You can also replace the transparent background of your PNG with color, as seen below.
- Go to the Apowersoft Online Background Eraser website.
- Click “Upload Image” to import the photo you want to edit.
- Wait for the processing to complete. The software will determine what is the background and foreground of your image.
- Click “Edit” when processing completes.
- Press “Change Background,” followed by “Colors.”
- Choose white or any of the other color options.
- Press “Download” to save your image.
Finally, you can use BeFunky to learn how to change PNG color without Photoshop. This tool offers many of the same features as Photoshop, but it is simpler for beginners.
You can change the color of an image with the “Replace Color” tool. The process only takes a few clicks of your mouse!
- Go to the BeFunky website.
- Drag and drop your image to the photo editor.
- Press “Edit” in the menu on the left.
- Choose the “Replace Color” feature.
- Open the box next to “Source Color.”
- Use the eyedropper to choose a color in your photo. You can also select a shade from the spectrum or enter a HEX code.
- Open the box next to “Target Color.”
- Choose the color you want to use for the “Source Color.”
- Click on “Tolerance.” Move the slider to adjust the intensity.
- Press “Apply” to save and download your image.
Change the Color of a Logo Without Photoshop
Now you know how to change the color of a logo without Photoshop. Use your computer browser to access any of the third-party tools above. Many of them allow you to remove the background, replacing it with a color of your choice.
Canva is the most comprehensive of all of the options above. You can use duotone to add effects to your recolor. Adjust the tint to find a new color scheme your audience members will appreciate.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence