How to Convert 4k Video to 1080p on iPhone
If you are a moviemaker, you likely enjoy making films and videos to share with your friends and loved ones. You probably also know about the best file formats and resolutions you can use.
You likely know that 4K is the highest-quality video that you can produce. Unfortunately, these files are often massive, meaning they take up unnecessary space on your device. If You probably know how little space iPhones already have for your most essential files.
Thankfully, you can learn how to convert 4K video to 1080p on iPhone devices. This process will still give you a high-quality film that you can proudly share with your loved ones.
Consider using iMovie or a third-party tool to begin the process. Some of the best options are in the step-by-step guide provided below.
Step-by-Step Guide to Converting 4K Video to 1080p on iPhone
The step-by-step guide below will help you learn how to convert 4K video to 1080p on iPhone devices.
If you want to use built-in software to learn how to convert 4K to 1080p, open iMovie. This tool, especially with the latest iOS updates, is more comprehensive than ever before.
Only some editions of iMovie support 4K videos. You will need to use the version that comes with the iPhone 6 or later. You must know that you can only import a file that iMovie supports when starting this process. This software cannot support any MKV files.
If you want to use iMovie software to convert your video, you will enjoy the many available additional features. You can merge multiple clips, for instance, to create one film.
iMovie also comes with built-in music files so that you can add sounds and audio to your clips. This feature will make your videos more attractive to any audience members who see your media.
Finally, there are several filters you can add to your iMovie clips. These features help to give your video a specific look so that you can further enhance the media you want to create.
To learn how to convert video to 1080p using iMovie, you can follow the below list. The process is relatively simple.
- Open iMovie on your iPhone.
- Tap on the plus sign to add a video. Select the file you need to edit.
- Make any necessary edits and apply any filters you want to use.
- Tap on the share icon.
- Press “Save Video.”
- From here, you will see the available output formats. Select the “HD-1080p” option to get a high-quality result.
There are several third-party tools you can use to learn how to convert 4K video to 1080p on iPhone devices. You will need to airdrop your files to your Mac for all three of them.
1. Aicoosoft Video Converter
You can use Aicoosoft Video Converter to downscale 4K to 1080p. There are over 1,000 file types you can choose from when changing the formats on your file.
Aicoosoft Video Converter will not compromise on the quality it offers you when learning how to convert 4K video to 1080p on iPhone apps. You will receive your new clip in a matter of seconds. Aicoosoft Video Converter relies on GPU acceleration technology to perform its tasks.
There are other features available for your videos when you use this software. You can edit your films, adjusting the color or brightness in any way you need. You can also compress any of your videos, making them smaller so you can more easily share them.
When using Aicoosoft Video Converter, you will have to airdrop your video files to your Mac. You can use the list below to perform this step.
- Open your iPhone’s camera and scroll over to one of the video options.
- Tap the record button to start filming. Tap it again to end your clip.
- Look for your video in the Photos app.
- Tap on the share icon and make sure you have your Mac open.
- Choose “Airdrop.”
- Click on your Mac’s icon in the list of available options.
- Tap “Accept” when your computer receives the airdrop.
To use this 4K to 1080p converter free, follow the below information.
- Download the Aicoosoft video converter from www.aicoosoft.com.
- Double-click on the installation package and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the Aicoosoft software on your Mac.
- Tap “Add File” and choose the video you just sent.
- Press “Open.”
- Click on the upside-down triangle on the right side of the screen, and choose the appropriate iPhone.
- Select “1080p” under “Resolution.”
- Tap “Convert” on the lower right corner.
- Wait for the conversion process to finalize and save your video.
After you save your video, you will need to airdrop it back to your computer. This step will complete the process of learning to convert 4K to 1080p online using Aicoosoft.
VideoProc allows you to learn how to convert 4K to 1080p with ease. You will have to airdrop your video to your Mac before using this app. Download it from the link provided.
VideoProc does require a premium subscription. When you sign up, you will receive a free trial code that lets you process any videos that are up to five minutes long. Only the most basic editing features will be available for you to use.
You do not have to convert video to video when using this software. You can also opt for video to audio or audio to audio. There are over 420 output file formats for you to choose from, no matter which method you want to use.
When using VideoProc, you can upload up to 4K resolution videos. The conversion process will not take long, especially if you only need to downgrade to 1080p.
VideoProc promises not to downgrade the quality of your films when you want to downscale 4K to 1080p. There are adjustments available, allowing you to fine-tune your clip before you download it.
To learn how to convert video to 1080p using VideoProc, follow the below steps.
1. Airdrop your video file to your Mac computer.
2. On your browser, type in www.videoproc.com.
3. Look for the Mac installation package on the home screen. Start the download process.
4. Double-click on the file labeled “videoproc-setup.dmg” to start the installation.
5. Agree to the licensing information and press “Install.”
6. Click “Launch” to open the software.
7. Choose whether you want to use the trial or premium version.
8. Click on “Register” and follow the process
9. Click on the button labeled “Video” to import your film.
10. Choose the “Video” tab at the bottom of the software screen.
11. Press “Browse” to save the folder location, followed by “Run.”
12. Press “Option” Under “Quality,” press “High Quality.
13. Under “Video Codec Options,” look for the section labeled “Resolution.” Tap “1080p.”
14. Tap “Done” when you finish.
3. Vidmore Video Converter
If you want to learn how to convert 4K to 1080p online, consider downloading the Vidmore Video Converter. The company claims that it offers the most comprehensive editing tool available, and it will work for any of your films.
As mentioned with Aicoosoft, you will need to airdrop your films to your Mac to begin using this tool. It is not available as a mobile app on your iPhone. You can download this 4K to 1080p converter free, but there are additional purchases required.
Vidmore Video Converter offers over 200 formats for you to choose from when converting your videos. The company promises to always retain the original quality of your videos, no matter the resolution or file type you choose.
Most individuals agree that Vidmore Video Converter is over 50 times faster than many of its competitors. There is a hardware accelerator within the software that gets the job done quickly.
Finally, there are several additional editing features available for your films. You can rotate or crop your videos to get a specific frame. There are also features fr trimming and merging multiple clips.
To convert 4K to 1080p online using Vidmore Video Converter, look at the steps below.
- Airdrop your video files to your Mac.
- On the browser of your choice, type in www.vidmore.com.
- Click on the appropriate download link for a Mac.
- Double-click on the installation file. Follow the steps provided.
- Click “Add Files” and select the video you need to convert.
- Click on the edit icon. It will resemble a star under your file.
- Look for the section labeled “Format.” Choose one of the options that use the phrase “1080p.”
- Under “Output” section, click “Save to.” Choose the appropriate destination.
- Click “Convert All.”
Convert 4K Video to 1080p on Your iPhone
Now, you should know how to convert 4K video to 1080p on iPhone devices. There is only one built-in app that you can use to complete this process. iMovie lets you save your videos in 1080p, and they will be in HD format.
IF you want more advanced editing features, you will need to use a third-party tool. Some of the best are only available on your Mac or computer.
Thankfully, you can airdrop your files to your computer if you have a Mac. After, you can download one of the three tools listed above, converting your video in the process.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence