How to Convert Pages to PDF on iPhone
The Pages app is available on every Apple device, including iPhones, iPads, and Macs. It performs many of the same functions as Microsoft Word, which is the Windows version. Unfortunately, however, documents with the “.pages” extension are not as versatile, and you can only edit them in the Pages app.
When sharing Pages files, many individuals choose to convert their documents to PDFs. A PDF is a universal format, available to view online, on mobile devices, or desktops. To learn how to convert Pages to PDF on iPhone devices, consider the information found below.
Convert a File Using Pages
You can download the Pages app right from the App Store. In the software, you can create new documents or edit them.
You can also open any “.pages” file on your iPhone. Finally, you can learn how to convert a file to PDF on iPhone devices using this app.
Open Your File in Pages
If you need to convert an already created document, you must first open it in Pages. So long as the file is not dim, it is compatible. Learn how to open documents in Pages on your iPhone using the steps below.
1. Open the Files app, and select the document you want to open. You can also go to Mail and select a file on an email.
2. Press the share icon. It resembles a square with an up arrow in the middle of it.
3. Select the “Copy to Pages” option so that you keep the original document.
4. Tap “Done.”
Convert a Pages File to a PDF
After you open your file, you can use the next steps to learn how to convert Pages to PDF on iPhone. Continue reading below to learn more.
1. Press the More icon. It resembles three horizontal dots in a circle.
2. Select “Export.”
3. Choose PDF for the file type.
4. Select the method you want to use to save or share your document.
As long as you have iOS 10 or later, you can use the built-in Pages to PDF converter on your iPhone. This method is instantaneous, and you will see the new file almost immediately. Follow the steps below to learn how to convert a file to PDF on iPhone built-in features.
1. Go to the Files app and find the appropriate “.pages” document.
2. Press the icon that means share.
3. Tap on the print icon.
4. Do not select anything in the printer selection field.
5. Scroll down to the preview and zoom out on the thumbnail until a PDF pops up.
6. Press the share icon again to save or share your new document.
Sometimes, “.pages” documents are in your email rather than the Files app. To learn how to use the built-in pages to PDF converter using Mail, use the steps below.
- Open Mail and find the email with the appropriate attachment.
- Tap on the reply/forward icon.
- Press the “Print” option.
- In the preview section, zoom out until you open a PDF.
- Tap the share icon to save or share your file.
Use Your Mac
Learn how to convert pages to PDF on iPhone devices using the Airdrop feature. When using this method, you will send your files to your Mac. After, use the below steps to convert Pages documents to PDFs using the export options.
1. Airdrop the Pages file to your Mac using the share icon.
2. Open the document on your Mac in Pages.
3. Click on “File,” then “Export to.”
4. Select the “PDF” option in the “Export to” menu.
5. Choose the appropriate image quality, and press “Next.”
6. Enter a new title for your PDF and press “Save.”
7. Airdrop the file back to your iPhone. It will save automatically in the Files app.
Use Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is software available on the Adobe Creative Cloud for a fee. You can use this desktop app to convert your Pages files to PDFs. Remember, Airdrop your iPhone document first to use the steps below.
- Open Adobe Acrobat.
- Click on the “File” menu, then press “Create.”
- Choose “PDF from File.”
- Locate the Pages file you need to convert, and press “Open.”
- Click on the “File” menu again.
- Press “Save” or “Save as,” enter a new name for the document, and press “Ok.”
Using Preview as a Pages to PDF converter will only work if you do not have Pages on your computer. After you Airdrop the document to your Mac, you only have to double-click it to open Preview. Learn more on this method in the steps below.
- Double-click the file to open Preview. You can also right-click on it, then select “Open With” and “Preview.”
- Click on the “File” menu, then press “Export as PDF.”
- Choose the appropriate folder location and enter a title for your document.
- Press “Save,” then click “Use PDF” in the pop-up.
- Airdrop the document back to your iPhone.
Third-Party Apps for converting Pages to PDFs
Several third-party apps exist to help you learn how to convert Pages to PDF on iPhone devices. Learn more about some of the best options below.
PDF Expert is a powerful Pages to PDF converter that works with any type of documents. You can also change Word, Excel, PNG, and JPG files using this software. Use the steps below to complete the conversion process.
- Download PDF Expert from the App Store.
- Press on the blue plus sign to select the file you need to convert. You can upload from the Photos app, Files app, or your iCloud storage.
- Tap the “…More” button.
- Choose “Convert to PDF.”
Convert Multiple Files
PDF Expert allows you to convert multiple Pages files to PDFs too. Follow the steps below to learn how.
- Download PDF Expert from the App Store.
- Tap “Select” in the upper right corner.
- Select all of the Pages files you want to convert.
- When uploaded, select “Merge to PDF” on the sidebar.
PDF Converter Ultimate
PDF Converter Ultimate will show you how to convert Pages to PDF on iPhone, and vice versa. You do have to have online to use the app as it completes the process in its server. Use the steps below to get started.
- Find the Pages file you need to convert and tap the share icon.
- Select “PDF Converter Ultimate.”
- Tap “Convert to,” then select “PDF.”
- Wait for the process to finish, then find the file on your device.
PDF Converter Ultimate does cost money to convert Pages to PDF. It is only free if you want to turn PDF documents into “.txt” files.
All File Converter
All File Converter is free to download, and it is compatible with Macs too. This Pages to PDF converter is user-friendly and immediately sends you your new document. Learn how to use this app in the steps below.
- Download All File Converter from the App Store.
- Open the app, and click on the “Converter” tab.
- Select the “Document” option, and locate your Pages file.
- Press the “PDF” option.
- Wait for your file to convert.
File Converter is also free to download, but there are in-app purchases. This app supports over 2,000 file formats so that you can change any music, photo, document, video, or another piece of media. Learn how to use this app in the steps below.
1. Download File Converter from the App Store.
2. Upload your Pages document using the green plus sign.
3. Select the “Document Converter” option.
4. Press “PDF” in the list.
5. Change your output settings as necessary. Select the location on your iPhone where you want the PDF to save.
6. Touch “Start Conversion.”
7. Wait for the conversion process to finish, then press “share” to save or send the PDF somewhere.
Online Pages to PDF Converters
Whether you want to use your iPhone or Mac, you can convert Pages to PDF online. The websites mentioned below are free to use and will send you your new files quickly.
When you have a file on your iPhone, you have the option of saving it to your iCloud account. Any document saved in this way is accessible anywhere you have access to iCloud.com. Follow the steps below to start the conversion process.
- Open your web browser of choice, and type in www.iCloud.com.
- Log in using your Apple ID.
- Click on the Pages option.
- Upload a document from your iPhone or locate one in your iCloud folder.
- Click on the file, then press the three horizontal dots on the lower right corner of the preview.
- Press “Download a Copy.”
- Choose “PDF.”
- Wait for the document to download to your device.
CloudConvert is another online tool that you can use to learn how to convert Pages to PDF on iPhone devices. The company ensures that your file will be high-quality at the end of the process. Learn how to use this website in the steps below.
- At the top of the page, next to the word “convert,” adjust the drop-down menus. Change the first to “Pages” and the second to “PDF.”
- Scroll down, and press the red “Select File” button.
- Upload the Pages document you need to convert.
- Wait for the process to complete and download it to your iPhone.
Zamzar is another tool that lets you convert Pages to PDF online on any device. This website also allows you to change the file type of audio, videos, eBooks, images, and more. You can learn how to use the platform in the steps below.
- Open a browser and type in www.zamzar.com.
- Press the green “Add Files” button. You can upload your Pages files here.
- If you are on your Mac, drag and drop files to the platform.
- Press the “Select Link” button to upload a Pages file that is in the Cloud too.
- Click on the “Convert to” menu, and select “PDF.”
- Press “Convert Now.”
- Touch the “Download” button to save your file.
Edit PDFs on Your iPhone
Now that you know how to convert a file to PDF on iPhone devices, you may want to know how to edit the PDF. It is a tedious process, however, and you will have to make some conversions again.
First, you will have to convert your PDF to a “.docs” or “.pages” file again. You can make your edits in Microsoft Word or Apple Pages. After, follow any of the methods listed above to convert the document back to a PDF.
If you Airdrop your PDF to your Mac, however, you can make edits in Adobe Acrobat. This software lets you add text, change the color of specific features, and put in comments as you need.
Convert Pages to PDF
iPhones are powerful tools that perform many of the same functions that computers can. Now that you know how to convert Pages to PDF on iPhone devices, you should understand how powerful your smartphone is.
Remember, you can use built-in features on your iPhone or Airdrop to your Mac to use the many software types available. Consider using a third-party app to create your new PDF document too.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence