How to Create Labels in Google Docs
Google Docs is one of the best tools available for document creation. It is free as long as you have a Google account.
Google Docs comes with thousands of extensions and templates. Unfortunately, it does not have built-in tools for address labels.
Thankfully, you can learn how to create labels in Google Docs by installing one of the extensions. This step-by-step guide will help you learn more about some of the best options available to you.
Step-by-Step Guide to Create Labels in Google Docs
This step-by-step guide will help you learn how to create labels in Google Docs.
Make Labels in Google Docs
You will need to use an extension if you want to learn how to create labels in Google Docs. Unfortunately, this program does not have a built-in tool or label maker template.
Add-ons are easily accessible through the “Extensions” menu. You will need to learn how to make a contacts list if you do not want to start from scratch every time.
After downloading one of the add-ons, print your document. Make sure you have your printer paper installed correctly to get the best results!
Make a Contact List
You can make a contact list by connecting your Google Docs file to a Google Sheets spreadsheet. You can also import the information directly from your Google account.
Import Your Contacts
Import demographic information from your Google account to make your own label templates for your contacts in Google Docs. The required steps are below.
1. Go to contacts.google.com on your browser.
2. Log in to your Google account.
3. Click “Export” on the left side of the screen.
4. Choose the contacts you want to include in your shipping label template.
5. Press “Google CSV.”
6. Click “Export.”
You will find the file in your Google Drive account. Open it in Google Docs or Google Sheets.
Make a Contact List in Google Sheets
You must learn to make a contact list in Google Sheets to export it to Google Docs. The information below will help you create an organized spreadsheet.
- Go to sheets.google.com and log in.
- Click on “Blank Document” to begin.
- In the first row, enter the headers for the types of contact information you want.
- Enter the personal details of each contact in each row. Make sure the information corresponds to the header.
Transfer the Google Sheets Contact List to Google Docs
When you finish the prior steps in your address label template, export the file to Google Docs with the below steps.
- Go to www.docs.google.com, and log into your account.
- Open a blank document.
- Press “Insert” in the menu.
- Click on “Chart,” followed by “From Sheets.”
- Choose the contact list you just created.
- Press “Import.”
- Add an extension to turn the contact list into an address label template.
If you have several types of labels to make, design a table of contents. It will work like a sidebar on the side of your document.
You will access the add-ons through the menu options at the top of your document. Search for “Table of Contents” and choose the option you like best.
Install Add-ons in Your Google Docs File
You will need to install add-ons on your files to learn how to create labels in Google Docs. These extensions provide you with label templates.
These extensions are available in the mobile or desktop version of Google Docs. Currently, iPhones do not support add-ons.
Install Add-ons on an Android
Use the below steps to access a shipping label template from an add-on on your Android.
- Open a blank document in Google Docs. You can also select your contact list.
- Press the more icon. It looks like three vertical dots.
- Press “Add-ons.”
- Click “Get Add-ons” to choose one of the extensions.
- Select the extension that best fits your needs.
- Press “Install.”
- Give the extension permissions by pressing “Allow.”
- Re-open the Google Docs app on your device to find a Google Docs label template in the extension.
Install Add-ons on Your Computer
The below steps will let you find a shipping label template in an extension on the desktop version of Google Docs.
- Open the contact list you previously made or a blank document in Google Docs.
- Click on the “Extensions” menu near the top of the page.
- Press “Add-ons,” followed by “Get Add-ons.”
- Click on each extension to read a description.
- Look for “Create & Print Labels – Label maker for Avery & Co”
- Select the extension you want to work with for making labels.
- Press “Install” and “Continue.”
- Give the extension permission to use your data by pressing “Allow.”
- Click “Done” to finalize the process.
If you want to use Google Docs for your next research paper, use the Research Tool. You can find your sources without leaving your document.
Click on “Tools” at the top of the page, followed by “Research.” Right-click on a word in your document to load search results on the right side of the screen.
Print Your Document
The final step of learning how to create labels in Google Docs is to print your document. You will need to have the paper installed in your printer correctly. After, you can print directly from your iPhone, Android, or computer.
Print from Your iPhone
To print your label templates from your iPhone, use the steps below.
- Open the Google Docs app and select the appropriate document.
- Click on the More icon, which resembles three dots.
- Press “Share & Export.”
- Click “Print.”
- Choose “Google Cloud Print.”
- Select the printer connected to your iPhone.
- Press “Print” again.
Print from Your Android
You can print your label maker template on your Android with the below steps.
- Open the Google Docs app on your Android.
- Find the labels you want to print.
- Press the three vertical dots.
- Click on “Share & Export.”
- Press “Print.”
- Find the appropriate printer by using the on-screen instructions.
- Tap “Print” again.
Print from Your Computer
Finally, you can print your labels from your computer, as seen below.
1. Go to docs.google.com and find the file you need to print.
2. Click on the “File” menu, followed by “Print.”
3. Choose the paper size and other settings.
4. Click “Print” again.
Use the Find and Replace tool if you make an error on your labels. Access this feature in the “Edit” menu.
Enter the error in the “Find” field. Type the correct information in the “Replace With” section. Press either “Replace” or “Replace All” to complete the process.
Tools that Can Help with the Creation of Labels in Google Docs
1. Foxy Labels
Foxy Labels is a third-party add-on that you can use when making labels in Google Docs. This software is specifically for the Google Suite of office products.
There are thousands of templates available within the Foxy Labels extension. It is also compatible with Avery Labels if you want to add even more features.
To use Foxy Labels to create your Google mailing labels, follow the steps below.
1. Go to www.docs.google.com in your browser.
2. Log in to your Google account.
3. Click on “Blank Document” to open a new form.
4. Click on “Extensions” in the top menu.
5. Press “Manage Add-Ons.”
6. Search for “Foxy Labels.”
7. Click on “Extensions” again.
8. Press “Foxy Labels,” followed by “Create Labels.”
9. Wait for the sidebar to open and press “Label Template.”
10. Enter a keyword into the search bar and press “Apply Template” when you find one you like.
11. Press “Select a Spreadsheet.”
12. Choose the appropriate document.
13. Add information to the individual cells.
14. Press “Open” in the sidebar.
15. Click the print icon to start printing your labels.
Labelmaker is another extension you can add to your Google Docs. There are over 5,000 templates for you to browse when using this software.
You can customize your labels exactly how you need them on Labelmaker. Change the font for your envelopes, and adjust the size of each.
When making labels with Labelmaker, you will have perfectly aligned results. You are sure to feel satisfied after printing your document. Learn how to create labels in Google Docs with Labelmaker below.
1. Go to www.docs.google.com on your browser and log into your account.
2. Click on “Blank Document” to start your mailing labels.
3. Press the “Extensions” menu option at the top of the page.
4. Click “Manage Add-ons.”
5. Search for “Labelmaker” in the search bar and add the extension.
6. Click on the “Extensions” menu option again.
7. Press “Create & Print Labels.”
8. Close and re-open your document.
9. Press “Select a Template.”
10. Choose a mailing labels template that best fits your needs.
11. Add the content for your labels in the field marked “Content.”
12. Press “Create Labels.”
13. Finalize your document by pressing “Close & Print Labels.”
14. Click on the Print icon.
Templates for Labels in Google Docs
1. Google Docs Label Template 3425
The Google Docs Label Template, Avery 3425, is one of the best you can download from Foxy Labels.
This template breaks your page up into two columns. It has several squares that are plenty large enough to insert names, addresses, emails, phone numbers, and more. It is compatible with Avery Label Maker.
You can access this template with the below steps.
- Use the steps above to install the Foxy Labels extension.
- Open a document in Google Docs and press “Add-ons” in the menu.
- Click on “Foxy Labels,” followed by “Create New.”
- Search and install the “Avery 3425” template.
2. Template for Google Docs 8160
The Template for Google Docs Avery 8160 label maker template is best for address labels.
This template divides your paper into three columns. The boxes are smaller than the former mentioned. There is still ample room for a name and return address.
To use this template, consider the below steps.
- Use the above steps to install the Labelmaker add-on.
- Search for “Avery 8160” in the templates section.
- Click on the “File” menu, followed by “Make a Copy.”
- Enter the content for the labels using the previous Labelmaker steps.
You can perform basic photo editing if you insert an image into your document. Crop the picture using the “Crop Image” tool to start.
You can also add a border to your images. Click on the photo and press the icon that resembles a pencil. Choose the border color you want to use.
Create Labels in Google Docs
You should know how to create labels in Google Docs using extensions and add-ons. You can install these options using your Android or computer.
Consider creating a contact list before starting your labels. You can save time by incorporating the information straight from your Google account.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence