How to Delete Archived Orders on Amazon
Amazon is one of the most popular online shopping platforms. You can buy virtually anything you can think of through browsing the website or app. Many individuals choose to purchase gifts and personal items from the platform since they will go straight to their homes.
If someone else has your login information, however, they can see your previous purchases. You may not want your loved ones to know about the gifts you got them. It is also necessary to hide any personal items you bought.
Thankfully, if you want to learn how to delete archived orders on Amazon, information is available to you. Learn more about the variety of methods available below.
What is an Archived Order?
Archiving your order on Amazon lets you file away your previous purchases in a digital manner, away from public view. The archived orders are those that you no longer want to see on your account.
When you archive an order, you make an effort to close it. You do not delete the information as you only hide it. It will only show up when you search it.
You can only archive up to 500 of your orders. Choose wisely on the ones you need to hide, especially if your Amazon account is years old.
Create an Archived Order
You can learn how to create an archived order no matter how you access Amazon. The process is different whether you are using your browser or the mobile app.
Use a Browser
The process to archive orders in your browser is relatively simple. You can follow the steps listed below to start.
- Open your browser and type in amazon.com.
- Click “log in” and enter your email address and password.
- Open the webpage and click “Returns & Orders.”
- Find the order that you want to archive, and press “Order Details.”
- Click “Archive Order.”
- On the pop-up screen, click “Archive Order” again to confirm.
Use the Amazon App
Before you can archive orders on the Amazon app, you have to download it from the Apple App Store or Google Play. After the installation process completes, use the steps below.
- Open the Amazon app and log in to your account.
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the bottom right corner that indicate the menu.
- Press “Accounts and Lists.”
- Select “Order History” and find the order you want to archive.
- Scroll to the bottom of the description box, and press “Archive Order.”
- On the next screen, click “Archive Order” to finalize the process.
You may receive an error message that Amazon could not archive your order. You have to wait until your purchase is out for shipment, however. If you receive the error message, you should wait a few days for your package to get on the road.
Find Your Archived Orders
Finding your past purchases in the archive is essential. Use the information below to complete this process before understanding how to delete archived orders on Amazon.
These purchases are still on your account if you need to access them at any time in the future. Again, there are different methods you will utilize, depending on if you want to view archived orders on a browser or mobile app.
On a Browser
You can learn how to view archived orders on a browser using the steps below.
1. Go to a browser and type in amazon.com.
2. Open the drop-down menu under “Accounts & Lists.”
3. Press “Your Account.”
4. Scroll down to the section labeled “Ordering and Shopping Preferences.”
5. Click on “Archived Orders” to see your content.
You can move an order back to the traditional orders page by clicking “Unarchive Order.” This button will be on the lower-left corner of the page.
There is another method you can use on the browser by visiting the standard order page, however. You can find the required steps below.
- Open a browser and type in amazon.com.
- Log into your account.
- Click on the drop-down menu under “Accounts & Lists.”
- Select “Your Orders,” and look for the box under the “Past 6 Months” section.
- Click on the down arrow to open the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and click on “Archived Orders.”
If the screen is black when you use either of these methods, you do not have archived orders on your account.
On the Amazon App
The instructions are even more simple when you use the Amazon app, as seen below.
- Download the Amazon app from the Google Play store or the Apple App Store.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines to access the menu.
- Press “Your Orders.”
- Tap on “Filter,” then look for the “Order Type” section.
- Click “Apply.”
Delete Archived Orders
Finally, you must consider how to delete archived orders on Amazon. Unfortunately, the shopping platform does not allow you to get rid of any completed purchases. This information is a fact whether you want to use the browser or the mobile app.
If you hoped to learn how to delete archived orders on Amazon, however, do not worry. There are still other methods available to you so that you can retain your privacy.
Create an Amazon Family Account
If you set up an Amazon family account, you can keep purchase history previous orders private from your loved ones. All of the individuals you add to Amazon Household will receive the benefits that come with Amazon Prime.
You can have up to 10 people on a family account. There have to be at least two adults, however, who have Prime. You can learn to set up this type of account using the steps below.
1. Open a browser and type in amazon.com/myh/household.
2. Log in to your account.
3. To add another adult, press “Add Adult.”
4. To add a teen, press “Add a Teen.”
5. To add a child, press “Add a Child.”
6. Wait for each teenager or adult to verify their account through the email they receive.
Turn Off Browsing History
If someone sees your Amazon browsing history, they may get an idea of what you bought. If you turn your browser on incognito mode, Amazon will not retain any of this information.
You can also manually remove data from Amazon itself, however. This process will give you more privacy, using the steps below.
1. Go to amazon.com and sign in to your account.
2. On the top left corner, press “Browsing History.”
3. Look for the product you want to hide, then press “Remove from View.”
4. If you want to remove your total browsing history, click “Manage History.” Press “Remove All Things from View.”
5. Switch the slider to the off position under “Turn Browsing History On/Off.”
How to Delete Canceled Orders on Amazon
Since there’s not a direct way to learn how to delete archived orders on Amazon, you may wonder about canceled purchases. Unfortunately, Amazon does not offer a way to remove these either.
Though it is impossible to learn how to delete canceled orders on Amazon, you can learn how to complete the cancellation process. Again, the method is different for browsers and mobile apps.
Cancel Orders on the Browser
After you follow the steps below, you will receive a confirmation email that the cancellation was successful.
- Go to amazon.com and log in.
- Click on “Returns & Orders,” then “Your Orders.”
- Locate the order you need to cancel.
- Check the box next to any items you want to cancel.
- Press “Cancel Checked Items.”
Cancel Orders on the Amazon App
As long as your order is not out for shipment, you can cancel it on the app too. Use the steps below.
1. Open the Amazon app and log in.
2. Tap on the horizontal lines to open the menu, and press on “Your Orders.”
3. Locate the order you want to cancel.
4. Under each item, you want to remove, tap “Cancel Item.”
5. Press “Cancel Checked Items.”
Archiving and Deleting Amazon Orders
You may feel disappointed that there is no way for you to learn how to delete archived orders on Amazon. Do not worry because you can set up a family plan or turn off your browsing history to keep your privacy. Archiving will also remove your purchases from public view on the standard order page.
If you face an error message in trying to archive your order, wait until it is out for shipment. Do make sure that you cancel it before it is on the road, however. Otherwise, you will have to wait to return your items.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence