How to Disable Comments on Facebook Profile Picture
To change your Facebook profile picture, you press the camera icon and choose a new one. You can upload it from your camera roll, photo albums, or Facebook page. The update will show up on your timeline when you change your profile picture so that anyone can see it.
When your Facebook friends see your new profile picture, they may want to like or comment on it. You can prevent this occurrence, especially if you do not want others to know about the updated image. Learn more about how to disable comments on Facebook profile picture posts in the information below.
Disable Comments on Facebook through a Browser
When learning how to disable like and comment on Facebook profile picture posts, you will need to update a few settings, as seen in the steps below. You will need to change the privacy on the new profile picture to “Only Me” to start.
Get to Your Profile and Change the Photo
To change the aforementioned settings, you have to get to your Facebook profile first. After, you can upload the new picture too. Follow the steps below to learn more.
- Go to facebook.com on your browser and log in to your account.
- Press the down arrow on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on your name or the “See Your Profile” button.
- Look for your profile picture in the middle of the screen, and press the camera icon.
- Scroll down and choose a photo that already exists on your Facebook page. You can also press the “Upload Photo” button and choose an image from your computer.
- Make any necessary edits and press “Save.”
Change the Privacy Settings of Your Profile Picture
After you upload your new profile picture, you will need to change the privacy settings to “Only Me.” You can also adjust it to “Friends Except,” which allows you to prevent all of your loved ones from seeing the new image. Use the steps below to start.
- Go to www.facebook.com and log in.
- Click on the downward-facing arrow on the top right corner, then press on your name.
- Select your profile picture and press “View Profile Picture.”
- Press the three horizontal dots under the image and select “Edit Audience.”
- Choose the “Only Me” or “Friends Except” option.
If you choose the “Only Me” option, your friends will see a gray icon in place of your profile picture. Technically, they can still leave a comment, but they will be unable to see the image.
Make Account Settings Adjustments
If you want to learn how to disable comments on Facebook profile picture posts, you can also adjust your account settings. Learn the required steps in the information below.
- Go to www.facebook.com and log in.
- Press the down-facing arrow on the top right corner.
- Click on “Settings & Privacy.”
- In the drop-down menu, choose “Settings.”
- Scroll down to the menu labeled “Public Posts.”
- Click on “Edit” and change your privacy to “Friends” if you do not want comments from strangers.
Again, even after using this method, your friends can still see your profile image. You will have to make adjustments to the photo to prevent this circumstance.
Disable Comments and Likes on the Mobile App
You can also learn how to disable like and comment on Facebook profile picture posts on the mobile app. Many of the methods are the same as required for desktop browsers, as seen below.
Change Your Profile Picture
To use a mobile app to change your profile picture, you have to download Facebook from the Apple App or Google Play store. The rest of the required steps are below.
- Open the Facebook app and log in.
- Press on the three vertical lines on the bottom right corner.
- Click on your name at the top.
- Press on the camera icon next to your profile picture.
- On an iPhone, press “Select Profile Picture.” On an Android, press “Edit Profile Picture.”
- Choose from your existing Facebook images or scroll through your camera roll.
- Edit and crop the photo as you want to and press “Done.”
Edit Privacy Settings on Your Profile Picture
Follow the steps below to adjust who can see your new profile image after uploading it on the mobile app. Remember, the “Only Me” option is best if you do not want anyone leaving a comment or like.
1. Open up the Facebook mobile app and log in.
2. Press on the menu icon on the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on your name.
4. Click on your profile picture, and press “View Profile Picture.”
5. Click on the three dots on the top right corner.
6. In the menu, press “Edit Privacy.”
7. Select either the “Only Me” or “Friends Except” option.
Adjust Account Privacy on the Mobile App
Finally, you can adjust your Facebook privacy settings on the mobile app. Remember, when using this method to learn how to disable comments on Facebook profile picture posts, your friends will still see the new image. You have to use the above list to change the settings to “Only Me” to avoid that situation.
1. Open the Facebook app and log in to your account.
2. Click on the menu icon on the bottom right corner. It looks like three lines.
3. Tap the “Settings & Privacy” option.
4. Scroll down to the “Help & Settings” option.
5. Press “Settings,” and go to the “Privacy” section.
6. Tap “Public Posts,” followed by “Public Post Comments.”
7. Adjust the audience settings to “Friends.”
Delete Comments on Facebook
You will have to delete comments to remove them permanently from your profile picture. You can find the required steps, separated by browser and mobile app, below.
Delete Comments on a Browser
It is easy to remove comments from your Facebook profile picture when using a browser, as seen in the steps below.
- Go to www.facebook.com, login, and click on your profile picture using the steps above.
- Locate the comment you need to delete.
- Click on the three horizontal dots next to the comment.
- Press “Delete” or “Hide Comment.”
- Confirm your change.
If you only hide the comment, you can add it back to your profile picture later if you change your mind. When you delete it, however, it removes it for good.
Delete Comments on the Mobile App
To learn how to disable comments on Facebook profile picture posts by deleting them on a mobile app, use the steps below.
- Open the Facebook app and log in. Navigate to your profile picture using the above steps.
- Locate the comment you want to delete.
- Long press on the comment until a menu appears.
- Press “Delete” or “Hide Comment.”
- Confirm your selection by pressing “Delete” or “Hide” again.
Add Text Filters
If you do not want to go through the hassle of deleting every single comment, especially if you only want to remove specific ones, you can use text filters. This Facebook feature allows you to restrict what others can say on your profile picture. Learn how to use this tool in the steps below.
1. On a desktop browser, click the drop-down arrow to open the menu. On the mobile app, click the three horizontal lines.
2. Press “Settings & Privacy.”
3. Navigate to the “Settings” option.
4. Click on the “Profile and Tagging” option in the menu.
5. Look for the option labeled “Hide Comments Containing Certain Words from Your Profile.” Click “Edit” next to it.
6. Click on “Hide Comments Containing Certain Words from Your Profile.”
7. In the text box, type in the words you want to flag.
8. Press “Save.”
Hide Likes on Your Profile Picture
If you want to learn how to hide who likes my posts on Facebook, you can. The steps below are a great method to prevent others from seeing how your loved ones react to your new profile picture, for instance.
1. On the desktop browser, click on the downward-facing arrow to open the menu. On the mobile app, press on the three horizontal lines.
2. Click on “Settings & Privacy,” followed by “Settings.”
3. Scroll down to the “Preferences” section.
4. Click on “Reaction Preferences.”
5. Toggle the button next to the “On Your Posts” option.
There are other options besides learning how to hide who likes my posts on Facebook, however. You can also turn off the reaction count on your friends’ posts by toggling the button next to the “On Posts from Others” section.
Block Other Accounts
Finally, if you only want to prevent some people from commenting on or liking your profile picture, you can block them. Use the steps below to learn more.
- Log into the Facebook app or the website.
- Click on “Settings & Privacy” in the menu.
- Navigate to “Privacy Settings” and press “Customize Settings.”
- Click on “Permission to Comment on Your Posts,” followed by “Customize.”
- In the “Hide this from” section, type the names of those you do not want to comment on. Press “Enter.”
- Click “Save Settings.”
This method will stop anyone that consistently comments on inappropriate material. You can also use the tip below to block others from accessing your account in general.
You can block any account on Facebook by navigating to any person’s profile. When you get to their page, click on the three horizontal dots. After, press “Block.” The person will no longer be able to see your profile or anything you post.
Disable Comments and Likes
There is technically no way for you to learn how to disable comments on Facebook profile picture posts. You can, however, change your post’s privacy to “Only Me” to prevent others from seeing the updated image.
Facebook also allows you to adjust your privacy settings so that only friends will see the new image. You can also block specific accounts from leaving a comment with the “Permission to Comment on Your Posts” option.
Facebook wants you to have the best experience possible on their social media platform. They continually offer new features to ensure you always remain safe, no matter what you post.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence
Table of Contents Creating a PowerPoint presentation is a great way to convey information. Whether you are sharing with coworkers,
Table of Contents To ensure that your business is a success, you need to have a plan of action. You
Table of Contents When creating presentations for work, school, or whatever, using PowerPoint is your best option. With templates already
Microsoft Word comes with a wide range of options to ensure that your document looks good and includes everything your
Table of Contents Google Slides is the presentation software tool of choice for many students and business owners. It is
PDF files are a homestay of the Internet. Longer documents, calendars, forms, and more are often linked to on sites
Previous Next Is it possible to become a UX Designer with a different background? YES. LISTEN. You have to become
As a WordPress administrator, one of your main goals is likely to drive as much traffic as possible to your
Is It Time to Optimize? With page speed being one of the biggest factors in upticks in bounce rates, any
Table of Contents When you make a website for your business or organization, you need to make a domain name.
Table of Contents Instagram is a great site if you want to look at pictures posted by your friends, family
Table of Contents With more than two billion users on Instagram, the odds that you have an account are pretty
Table of Contents The group feature on Facebook is a great way to help you connect with like-minded individuals. There
Table of Contents The internet has become a way of life, and many of us have multiple social media accounts.
People love Instagram. That’s because it allows you to share stories and information with others in a fun fashion. You
If you have decided to block a website on Google Chrome, you probably have a good reason for it. Perhaps you are setting up a
PDFs are one of the most common file types you can find online. Many people prefer using this format because it makes the information easy
Table of Contents If you are a Spotify premium user, you can download songs to your device for offline listening. This feature is beneficial as
Table of Contents It doesn’t matter if you own your own business, work as a freelancer or have friends who never seem to have cash,
Table of Contents When it comes to staying in contact with coworkers or clients, the easiest way to talk to them is through a conference