How to Download an Image From Google Slides
Google Slides is the presentation software tool of choice for many students and business owners. It is a free program that automatically saves the data from your created document. When making a presentation, you can add many of the same effects offered by Microsoft PowerPoint, including transitions, filters, and images.
If you add an image to a Google Slides presentation, you may want to save it to your computer or mobile device. Thankfully, this software makes it easy to download any object you need. You can learn more about how to download an image from Google Slides in the information provided below.
Download Google Slide Images on a Computer
Google Slides, especially on a computer, offers several methods you can use to download images. Learn more about each in the information below.
Take a Screenshot
If you do not care about a Google Slides download high-resolution image, consider this method. It is the easiest to learn, as outlined in the steps below.
Download an Image from Google Slides on Windows
- Go to slides.google.com and sign in.
- Locate the appropriate presentation and open it.
- Scroll down to the slide that has the image you want to save and click on it.
- Press “Slideshow.”
- On your keyboard, press the “PrtScn” key.
- Look for the screenshot on your computer. Double-click it to open a preview of it.
- On the top center of the toolbar, press the crop icon.
- Use the white dots to resize the screenshot until you have just the image.
- Press “Save Copy.”
Download an Image from Google Slides on Mac
1. Go to slides.google.com and sign in to your account.
2. Open the appropriate presentation.
3. Click on the slide that has the image you want to save.
4. Click on the “Slideshow” icon.
5. Hold down the “Shift,” “Command” and “4” keys to take a screenshot.
Mac computers let you take a screenshot by pressing “Shift,” “Command,” and “4” on the keyboard too. This option allows you to draw around the specific image you want to keep.
Save the Slide as an Image
You can learn how to save an image from Google Slides to your computer by downloading the entire slide. Learn how to use this method in the steps below.
1. Go to slides.google.com.
2. Sign in to your account and locate the presentation that has the necessary image.
3. Click on the “File” tab.
4. Press “Download,” then either “PNG Image” or “JPEG Image.”
5. Look in the Downloads folder on your computer to locate the image.
6. Select the part of the picture you want
7. Press “Edit,” then “Copy.” > “Edit,” then “Copy.”
8. “File,” then “Save.”
Use Keep Notes
All of the Google apps come with the Keep Notes feature. Learn how to download an image from Google Slides using this method in the steps below.
- In a browser, type in slides.google.com. Log in to your account.
- Open the presentation and click on the slide with the image.
- Right-click on the image.
- Hover over the pop-up menu, and press “Save to Keep.”
- Wait for the Keep Notes panel to show up on the right side of the screen.
- Right-click on the image in the new panel, and press “Save Image As.”
- Enter a new file name for your image and determine where you want to save it.
- Press “Save.”
Use Google Drawing
Google Drawing is another tool available in the massive suite of software that Google offers. It allows you to easily learn how to create a Google Slides download high resolution, as described in the steps below.
1. Navigate to slides.google.com and log in.
2. Open your presentation and find the appropriate slide.
3. Right-click on the image on the slide, and press “Copy.”
4. On the browser, type in docs.google.com/drawings/create.
5. Right-click on the blank screen and press “Paste.”
6. Use the available tools to resize, crop, or reposition the image.
7. Press “File.”
8. Click “Download as,” followed by “Image.”
9. Locate the Downloads folder on your computer to ensure your image is there.
Copy and Paste the Image
As mentioned above, you can use the “Copy” and “Paste” commands to save an image from Google Slides by adding it to Google Drawing. There are several other ways you can use these standard features, however, as seen below.
Copy and Paste into PowerPoint
PowerPoint is a paid software offered by Microsoft. It allows you to learn how to save an image from Google Slides to your computer with ease. All you have to do is follow the steps below.
- Go to slides.google.com and log in to your account.
- Find the image within your presentation that you want to download to your computer.
- Click on the image on the slide, then right-click on it.
- Press “Copy.”
- Open the Microsoft PowerPoint app on your desktop, and choose “Blank Presentation.”
- Right-click in the document and press “Paste.”
- Click on the image, right-clicking after.
- In the menu, press “Save as a Picture.”
- Choose a title and folder location for your image, then press “Save” again.
Copy and Paste to Google Docs
You can learn how to download an image from Google Slides by using Google Docs. Follow the steps below to better understand this method.
- Go to slides.google.com and log in.
- Open your presentation and click on the slide with the image you need.
- Click on the image to highlight it, then right-click.
- Select the option labeled “Copy.”
- Go to docs.Google.com, and press “Blank” to start a new document.
- Right-click in the document and press “Paste.”
- Click on “File,” then “Download.”
- Choose the “Web Page” option.
- Go to the “Downloads” folder on your computer, and double-click on the zip file.
- Right-click on the image in the folder.
- Press “Extract to Specified Folder.”
- Choose the new folder for your image.
Download Images from Google Slides Using Your iPhone
The process for learning how to download an image from Google Slides on your iPhone is simple. There are several methods available.
Take a Screenshot
You can take a screenshot of your Google Slides presentation to save an image from it. Use the steps below to start.
- Download the Google Drive or Google Slides app from the Apple App Store.
- Find the presentation you want to screenshot and tap the appropriate slide.
- On an older iPhone, tap and hold the top button on the right side of your phone and the home icon.
- On newer models, tap both top buttons on either side of the iPhone.
- Look for your screenshot in the Photos app. It will automatically save.
- Click on the image, and press “Edit.”
- Tap on the crop tool, and remove any parts of the screenshot that you do not need.
Save the Slides to Files
If you need permanent access to the presentation’s images, save the slides directly from the Google Drive or Google Slides app. You can download them to the local folders on your iPhone or to iCloud. Follow the steps below to learn more.
- Download Google Drive or Google Slides from the Apple App Store and sign in to your account.
- Find the presentation and click on it to open it.
- At the bottom of the screen, press “More.” It resembles three horizontal circles.
- Press “Open In.” After, tap “Save to Files.”
- Choose the appropriate folder, then press “Save.”
After, you can use the previous steps to screenshot specific portions of your presentation. Remember, the Photos app has a built-in crop feature that will let you save the specific image. Both of these methods will work if you have an iPad too.
Download Images from Google Slides on Android Mobile Devices
Androids offer some of the easiest methods available for learning how to download an image from Google Slides. These smartphones come with many preinstalled Google apps, including the Google Play store, to name the most popular. Follow the steps below, however, to download Google Slide images.
- Download Google Drive or Google Slides from the Google Play store.
- Log in to your account and find the presentation with the image you want to save.
- Open the appropriate slide within the presentation, and click on the image to highlight it.
- Press the three vertical dots within the app that mean “More.”
- Click “Download.”
The image will automatically save to your Android. You can access it anytime by locating it in your photo albums.
Take a Screenshot on an Android
Android smartphones also have screenshot capabilities. To use this tool on these devices, you will press the power and volume down buttons. Learn more about this method in the steps below.
- Download Google Slides or Google Drive from the Google Play store.
- Sign in to your account and click on the presentation you need to access.
- Click on the image in the presentation that you want to download to your phone.
- Right after clicking on the image, hold down the power and volume down buttons at the same time.
- Open your camera roll, and click on “Screenshots” to find the image.
- Press “Edit” to crop out unnecessary parts of the screenshot. The crop icon is the one on the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Tap “Save” on the top right corner of the screen.
Save Images from Google Slides
The information above helped you learn how to download an image from Google Slides on a smartphone, tablet, Mac, or Windows computer. On all of these devices, you can take a screenshot of the presentation. Unfortunately, however, this method requires that you crop the image.
There are other methods for each of the devices, however. On a computer, for instance, you can connect your Google Docs account or use Microsoft PowerPoint.
On an iPhone, however, you can save the entire presentation to your files folder. Finally, Androids allow you to save images directly from your Google presentations to your smartphones.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence