How to Download Single Songs on Spotify
If you are a Spotify premium user, you can download songs to your device for offline listening. This feature is beneficial as you can take your favorite music with you wherever you go. Not every road, train ride, or vacation destination comes with internet service, and you cannot access your Spotify account without it.
You can learn how to download single songs on Spotify using the desktop or either mobile app. The process is slightly different for each. Continue reading below to learn more detailed steps about how to get your music ready for when you have no connection.
Sign Up For Spotify Premium
If you do not already have Spotify Premium, you have to sign up before you can start downloading. Learn how to do complete this process using the steps below.
- On a mobile or desktop browser, type in spotify.com.
- Click on the menu icon, and log in to your account.
- Press “Profile,” then “Account.”
- Scroll down until you get to the section labeled “Subscription.”
- Press “Try Premium Free” to start your 30-day free trial.
- Enter your credit card and billing details on the following screen.
- Click “Start 30-Day Trial Now.”
Sign Up for Spotify Student
Spotify Student is technically a discounted rate of Spotify Premium. You can sign up for this edition and pay half the price, while still being able to download songs for offline use if you are a college student. See the steps below to begin.
- Go to a desktop or mobile browser and type in spotify.com/us/student/.
- Press “Get Started.”
- Log in to your account.
- Enter in your name, birthday, and college information, then press “Verify.”
- Wait for the verification process to complete.
- If verification fails, press “Manually Verify” and enter in your college details again.
- Enter your billing information, and finalize the signup process.
Download Songs on Your Android
After you create your premium account, you can learn how to listen to music offline for free using your Android, iPhone, or desktop. On an Android device, you will first have to download the app from the Google Play store, then follow the steps below.
- Download Spotify from the Google Play store.
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- Search for a song you want to download.
- Tap the three horizontal dots next to the song after finding it.
- Press “Add to Playlist.”
- Touch “New Playlist” and enter a name for it.
- Tap “Download.”
- Repeat steps three through eight until you have every song you want.
You can add several tracks to the first playlist instead of creating multiple playlists when you learn how to download single songs on Spotify. When downloading, however, every option on that list will save to your smartphone.
Find Downloaded Music on Your Android
After you download your music for offline listening on your Android, you likely want to know where to find it. Find the information you need to know below.
- Open the Spotify app and enter your log-in details.
- Tap the “Home” tab, and press the gear icon.
- Toggle the button in the “Offline Mode” section to “on.”
- Click back to the “Home” tab, and locate your downloaded songs in the “Music Downloads” section.
Download Single Songs on Your iPhone
Again, with a Spotify premium account, you can learn how to listen to music offline on iPhone devices. Use the steps below for this method.
- Go to the App Store and download Spotify.
- Open the Spotify app, and log in to your account.
- Search for the song you want to download.
- Press the three dots next to the song, and look for the “Add to Playlist” option.
- Tap “New Playlist” and give it a name.
- Press the download icon, which resembles a clear arrow.
- Wait for the green arrow to appear, which indicates that the download process is complete.
The process is the same when you understand how to listen to music offline on iPhone or Android devices via Spotify. On either mobile device, the process is a bit tedious.
Listen to Offline Music on Your iPhone
To listen to your downloaded music on your iPhone, you can turn your Spotify to offline mode. Do this by following the steps below.
- Open the Spotify app and log in.
- Click on the “Home” tab, then the gear icon.
- Tap “Playback,” then press “Offline.”
- Go back to the “Home” tab, and look for your music under the section labeled “Music Downloads.”
Download Music Using the Desktop App
Finally, you can learn how to download single songs on Spotify using the desktop app. It is available for PCs and Macs. Learn how to listen to your favorite music offline on your computer using the steps below.
- Go to www.spotify.com and download the appropriate software for your Mac or PC.
- Double-click the installation wizard, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Wait for the installation to finalize, and open the Spotify app.
- Enter your log-in details.
- Search for a song.
- Click on the three horizontal dots next to a song.
- Choose “Add to Playlist,” then “Add to New Playlist.” Create a title.
- Navigate to the created playlist, and click the “Download” icon.
- Wait for the green symbol to appear, which indicates that the installation is complete.
Listen to Downloaded Music on Your Desktop
To learn how to listen to music offline for free using your desktop computer, you will navigate to your Spotify settings. Learn more below.
- Open the Spotify desktop app and log in if necessary.
- Click on “Settings,” then press “Show Advanced Settings.”
- Press “Offline Songs Storage” to find your downloaded songs.
- Start listening!
Delete Songs from Your Download List
You may assume that if you want to add new music to your list of offline songs, you only have to create a new playlist. If you get tired of specific tunes, however, you can also delete them.
Delete Songs on Your Mobile Device
If you want to delete downloaded songs from your mobile device, you should free up storage space. The process is simple for both types of smartphones.
Delete on Androids
On Androids, you need to open Spotify, then navigate to the offline playlist you want to delete. At the top of the page, toggle the button labeled “Download” to “off.” This method will automatically delete the songs from your device.
Delete on iPhones
To delete songs from your iPhone, you will first click on the green arrow at the top of the downloaded playlist. After, a pop-up window will show up. Press “Remove,” and the playlist will delete from your device.
Delete Songs from the Desktop App
On the desktop browser, you can delete specific songs. Navigate to the offline list, and right-click on the music you want to remove. Press “Remove from Your Library.”
Limitations on Downloading Music from Spotify
Whether you download your music from your desktop or mobile app, you will have to go online every 30 days. Spotify needs to ensure you still have access to premium services when you primarily listen offline.
You can also only learn how to download single songs on Spotify on a total of five devices. In total, Spotify only lets you keep 10,000 tracks, which should be more than enough to start.
Troubleshooting when Downloading Songs for Offline Use
Sometimes, you may encounter an error when trying to download your songs for offline listening. You may ask yourself, “Why can’t I download songs on Spotify?” Thankfully, there are some easy fixes to start with as seen below.
- Make sure you connect your device to an internet source.
- Ensure that you did not accidentally turn on sleep mode.
- Check your storage space, as Spotify recommends that you have at least 1GB free.
Waiting to Download Errors
Many individuals complain that Spotify does not download songs on Android or other devices. To fix this issue, you have to consider the “waiting to download” error message. There are many ideas to repair this problem in the app, as seen below.
Check the Aforementioned Limitations
Remember, Spotify only lets you keep downloading music on five devices. You can also only save 10,000 songs.
If you go over these limitations, you could see an error message. Spotify will take much longer to download your music as it has to delete the oldest songs first.
Reinstall the App
A tried and true method for a variety of technical issues is to delete and reinstall the software. Unfortunately, doing this runs the risk that you will have to delete all of your previously downloaded music.
You can check the settings on your Spotify account to see if you missed an update. Spotify will not work as it should if it requires bug improvements.
Firewalls and antivirus software are necessary for your computer or mobile device. Unfortunately, sometimes they cause the issue of Spotify not downloading songs on Android, iPhone, or desktop.
Temporarily disable your antivirus settings to allow your music to save for offline use. Once the process is complete, you can turn any of the disabled firewalls back on.
Test Your Internet Connection
Finally, you may find yourself asking, “Why Can’t I download songs on Spotify?” because your internet connection is unstable. You can see the wifi you are on in the top right corner of your computer or mobile device.
On an iPhone or Android, you can reset your internet connection by turning the wifi off and on in Settings. The process is similar for computers.
To use your cellular data on your smartphones instead of wifi, you can go into your Spotify settings. Click on the gear icon, then “Music Quality.” After, press “Download Using Cellular.”
Download Your Songs for Offline Use
If you anticipate going somewhere without stable internet reception in the near future, you may want to consider learning how to download single songs on Spotify for offline use. Complete this process for your desktop, Android, or iPhone. All you have to do is create a new playlist, add your songs, and press download!
Remember, however, sometimes in-app errors prevent you from downloading your music. Ensure that you do not have over 10,000 songs or media on more than five devices. After, you can test your internet connection and reset your app to ensure your downloads work in the future.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence
Table of Contents Google Slides is the presentation software tool of choice for many students and business owners. It is
Table of Contents Google Drive is the cloud server owned by Google that allows you to store your files in
Table of Contents Amazon is one of the most popular online shopping platforms. You can buy virtually anything you can
Table of Contents Google Docs is popular among individuals from every walk of life, including business representatives and personal users.
Table of Contents Spotify is one of the best streaming apps available for desktop and mobile phones. You can virtually
Table of Contents When you make or edit a video, the result is often quite massive. Sometimes, these files take
Table of Contents Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services available. You can listen to your favorite
Table of Contents When you make or edit a video, the result is often quite massive. Sometimes, these files take
Table of Contents Apple recently made changes to their devices in that they allow customers to find the estimated purchase
Table of Contents The Pages app is available on every Apple device, including iPhones, iPads, and Macs. It performs many
Looking for something to do in our free time is something that we all want to do; we want to
Updated List The Coolest Gifts for Software Developers No matter what the occasion is, it can get difficult to pick
Get Awesome Gifts for Game Developers As expert reviewers, we’ll give you 25 great ideas for gifts for game developers,
Updated List More than ever, video conferencing has become one of the primary ways we communicate with other people, both
21 Most Comfortable Office Chairs for Long Hours Updated List Whether you’re sitting at your desk while working from home
Have you ever thought about how much you sit during the day? Whether you’re driving your car, watching a movie,
The past year and a half has brought about many changes, with one of the biggest being that many individuals
Updated List Whether you are working from home or commuting to the office, you need to make sure you have
Movies, TV shows and sports bring something special into our lives. They give us the chance to get away from
When it comes to presenting your photos to an audience, you want to make sure they see the image exactly