How to Draw on Google Docs iPad
Google Docs is a free app available to anyone with a Google account. You can create documents, design graphs, and build marketing templates with this software.
You can also create a Google Drawing in Google Docs! This feature is not well-known, but you can build diagrams, shapes, and any other artwork with the tool. You can also download the Google Keep app, transferring your drawings to Google Docs after.
This step-by-step guide will help you learn how to draw on Google Docs iPad. There are two methods outlined below.
How to Draw on Google Docs on iPad
The below guide will teach you how to draw on Google Docs iPad. You can also make artwork in Google Docs, an additional mobile app you can download on your iPad.
Google Drawings for iPad
Unfortunately, if you want to learn to make a Google drawing on iPad devices, you cannot use Google Drawings. The software is not available as an app and is not compatible with tablets or smartphones. You can access the same tools through the Google Docs app.
What is Google Drawings?
Before you learn how to draw on Google Docs iPad, you should learn more about Google Drawings. It is not available on iPad devices, but you can access it on a computer.
Google Drawings lets you add personalized touches to your projects in the Google Suite. You can create artwork or insert shapes and diagrams on your documents. You can design infographics, graphic organizers, wireframes, and several types of graphs.
How to Create Artwork on Google Drawings
You can create artwork for Google Drawings for iPad devices through Google Docs. The steps you have to follow for this process are in the steps below.
- Download Google Docs on your iPad and open it.
- Tap the screen where you want your drawing.
- Type “@” where you tapped the screen.
- Wait for the “Insert” menu to open.
- Scroll through the options until you find “Drawing.”
- Wait for the checkered window to appear on your screen.
- Create your drawing using the tools at the top of the screen.
- Tap “Save” when you finish creating your drawing.
- Close the window when you finish.
- Wait for the drawing to appear in your document.
- Use the boxes surrounding the document to resize your image as needed.
How to Draw on Google Docs on iPhone
The steps above will help you learn how to draw on Google Docs iPad by using the same tools in the Google Drawings software. Use Google Keep to add your artwork to your projects in Google Docs.
Use Google Keep
Google Keep is the best tool for learning how to draw on Google Docs iPad. More information on this software is in the information below.
What is Google Keep?
Google Keep is a note-taking app you can download to your iPad or another mobile device. You can set reminders based on time or location to keep organized.
You can share any of your notes with your friends and family members. Collaborate on the list or information to get your tasks done quicker. Add written details to each other’s notes and discuss your priorities.
You can filter your notes by color, assigning each topic with a different shade. You can also search the documents by what they include. Look for specific attributes like audio, images, or reminders.
Finally, Google Keep automatically saves your data to Google Drive. You can access the notes on your iPad, smartphone, or computer. You will have the details you need, no matter where you go.
Steps Required to Create a Drawing with Google Keep
The below steps will help you learn how to draw on Google Docs iPad using Google Keep. You will start your artwork from scratch.
- Download the Google Keep app from the Apple App Store on your iPad.
- Choose the “New Drawing Note” button at the bottom of the screen. It resembles a ballpoint pen.
- Draw the artwork you want to create with your finger.
- Click “Back” at the top of the screen to finish your note. It will automatically save to Google Drive.
Add Your Drawing to a Note with Google Keep
You can add a drawing to a note that already exists in the Google Keep app. This artwork can provide a visual aid to your list or document to help you remember pertinent information.
You can add a drawing to a note in Google Keep with the steps below.
- Download the Google Keep app on your iPad.
- Use the search tools to find the note you want to edit.
- Click “Add” at the bottom of the screen. The associated icon resembles a plus sign.
- Choose the option labeled “Drawing.”
- Use your finger to create the design you want to draw.
- Tap the back arrow at the top left of the screen to finish your artwork. Again, it will automatically save to Google Drive.
How to Draw on an Image in Google Docs with Google Keep
You can also learn how to draw on an image in Google Docs using Google Keep. You have to add an image to your note in the software first. The steps required for the initial process are below.
- Download Google Keep on your iPad.
- Tap the “Take a Note” option.
- Press the “Add Image” option on the right side of the bottom of the screen.
- Take a new photo by pressing “Take Photo.” The icon resembles a camera.
- You can also choose a photo from your library. Tap the option labeled “Choose Image.” The icon resembles a picture of mountains.
- Enter any written information you want to include in the body section.
- Provide a title for the note in the “Title” section.
- Tap the back arrow when you finish. The note will automatically save to your Google Drive account.
After you add an image to a note, you can learn to draw on it. The required steps for your Google Keep account are in the below information.
- Download the Google Keep app on your iPad.
- Open the app.
- Choose a note with an image on it. You can also start a new document with a picture.
- Tap the image after opening the note.
- Wait for the toolbar to open.
- Click the “Pen” option in the top right of the menu. It resembles a ballpoint pen.
- Use your finger to draw over the image.
- You can remove the drawing if you make a mistake. Tap the “Eraser” tool, followed by the drawing.
- Tap the back arrow to finish editing. You can find your note later in Google Drive.
Edit Your Drawing on Google Keep
There are several techniques you can use to edit your drawing. The methods mentioned below let you amend your artwork when creating it or after completing it. The toolbar will show up at the top of the screen.
- Move a Shape: Use the Select tool. The icon resembles a rectangle made from dotted lines. Tap the drawing. Drag it to where you need it on the screen.
- Erase a Shape: Click on the Eraser tool. Tap on the shape you want to remove.
- Draw Thin Lines: Choose the pen tool. Tap it again if you need to change the color or the size.
- Draw Thick Lines: Choose the marker icon. Tap it again if you need to change the color or size.
- Highlight: Make parts of your drawing bolder using the highlighter tool. Adjust the color by pressing it again.
Delete Your Drawing in Google Keep
If you decide you no longer need your drawing, you can delete it. You have to go into the Google Keep app, find the note you need to edit, to use the information in the list below.
- Download the Google Keep app onto your iPad. You can search it in the Apple App Store.
- Use the search or filter tools to find the note with the drawing you want to delete.
- Tap the note to open it in Google Keep.
- Scroll down until you get to the drawing.
- Tap on the drawing.
- Press the more icon on the top right side of the app. It resembles three vertical dots.
- Choose the “Delete” option.
- Save your changes by pressing the back arrow in the top left.
View Drawings in the Google Drive App
You can find your Google Keep drawings by copying them to Google Docs. Once the notes go to the secondary app, they will appear on Google Drive.
To send your Google Keep drawings and notes to Google Docs, read the below steps.
- Download Google Keep on your iPad and open the app.
- Enter the appropriate filters to find the note with the drawing you want to send.
- Tap the note you need to send.
- Choose the “Action” button on the bottom right. It resembles a dark square with three horizontal dots.
- Press the send icon. It resembles an upward-facing arrow with a square around it.
- Choose the “Google Docs” app in the list.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Open the Drawing or Note in Google Drive
After sending the note to Google Docs, you can open it in the Google Docs app. Any document you open in Google Docs is accessible in Google Drive, as it automatically saves to the cloud. Find your notes or drawing in the Google Drive app with the information below.
- Download Google Drive on your iPad.
- Open the app and sign in to your Google account.
- Find the search bar at the top of the screen. Type a keyword in your note or the title of it. You can also input “Type:Drawing” to find any documents with just the artwork.
- Open the note when you find it.
Draw on Google Docs on Your iPad
You learned how to draw on Google Docs iPad in this guide. You can download the Google Keep app using the drawing tools in a new note. After you finish, share the document with your Google Docs account.
You can also use the “Insert” menu in the Google Docs app. Choose the “Drawing” option and wait for the pop-up window to appear. Create the artwork that you can share with others in your document.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence