How to Erase in Canva
If you enjoy photo editing, you likely know about Canva. This software program is one of the most comprehensive tools. It is free unless you sign up for a premium subscription.
Some creative processes you can engage in on Canva include erasing the background or objects from your photos. You can insert another graphic or image in its place.
You can learn how to erase in Canva by following the tips in the guide below.
How to Erase in Canva
Read the below guide to learn how to erase in Canva. You can remove elements, people, and text using this tool.
How to Erase Part of an Element in Canva
You can learn how to erase part of an image on Canva. Start by removing a single object present in the software. You can also erase the background or fine-tune an element.
Erase an Element from an Image in Canva
If you want to erase part of an image on Canva that is an element you added, you can! The steps below help when you are using Canva on your computer.
- Go to www.canva.com on your desktop computer.
- Select the project with the element you want to erase.
- Click the specific element you want to remove. You can select multiple objects by holding down the “Shift” key on your keyboard.
- Press the delete icon in the toolbar. It resembles a trashcan.
Erase an Element in the Canva Mobile App
You can also learn how to erase in Canva mobile app, as seen in the below information.
- Download Canva in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Click on the project with the element you want to erase.
- Tap on the object you want to remove.
- Remove multiple elements by tapping and holding on one. Wait for the pop-up menu to appear. Press the dotted square, followed by “Multiple.” Finally, choose the other objects you want to remove.
- Tap the delete icon at the bottom of the editor screen. It resembles a trashcan.
Erasing the Background
If you want to enhance your photos in Canva, consider using the background remover. This tool lets you edit photographs and graphics with the process mentioned below.
- Go to www.canva.com and sign in to your account.
- Click the “Upload” tab on the left-sided menu to upload an image.
- Choose the picture you want to edit and drag-and-drop it to the blank project.
- Click “Edit Image” at the top of the toolbar.
- Choose the “BG Remover” option.
- Click “Erase” to start removing the background.
- Wait for the background to disappear.
- Press “Apply” to save your edits.
Use the Canva App
You can also use the Canva mobile app to erase background information from your images. The steps for this software program are in the information below.
- Download the Canva app on your smartphone. You can find it for free in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the project with the background you want to erase.
- Tap the image with the background you want to remove.
- Click on “Effects” in the bottom toolbar.
- Choose “BG Remover” and wait for the process to complete.
- Wait for the background to erase.
The Background Remover will only work 500 times in 24 hours. It will not process a bulk group of photos.
Fine-Tune or Remove Part of an Element
You can use the Canva eraser tool to fine-tune the results of the background remover. The required steps for getting clear results are below.
- Use the last group of steps to access the Background remover tool.
- Press “BG Remover,” followed by one of the two brushes. Options include the “Erase Brush” and the “Restore brush.”
- Use the “Brush Size” slider to match the area you want to erase.
- Click and drag over the parts of the image you want to erase.
- Tap “Done” in the toolbar when you finish.
- Press “Apply” on the side panel to save your changes.
Fine-Tune an Element on the Canva Mobile App
The steps required to fine-tune the erasing process on the Canva app are the same as those for the desktop version. The Canva software can remove objects and backgrounds from your images on Androids or iPhones.
How to Remove a Person in Canva
You can use the Canva eraser tool to remove a person from an image. You will follow two steps for this process. You cannot erase any person or object without removing the background first.
Use the Erase Brush Tool
After using the background remover, you can learn how to erase in Canva with the brush tool. The entire process for removing a person is in the information below.
- Open a browser on your computer and go to www.canva.com.
- Log into your account and find the project with the person you want to erase.
- Click on the “Edit Image” menu.
- Find the “BG Remover” tool.
- Press “Erase” and remove the background.
- Click on the “Erase Brush.”
- Adjust the size of the tool using the slider.
- Click and drag over the person you want to erase.
- Tap “Done,” followed by “Apply” to save your edits.
Use the Erase Brush Tool in the Canva Mobile App
You can also use the Canva eraser tool in the Canva mobile app when removing people, as shown below.
- Open the Canva app on your smart device.
- Log in to the software and find the project you need to edit.
- Click on “Effects” in the toolbar, followed by “BG Remover.”
- Choose the “Erase Brush” tool.
- Adjust the size of the brush using the provided slider.
- Use your finger to draw the brush over the person you want to erase.
- Tap “Done” to finish your edits.
Use the Restore Brush Tool
You can restore any person or object you erase if you change your mind. The steps required for the restoration process are below.
- Open the project where you recently erased an object or person.
- Click “Edit Image,” followed by “BG Remover.”
- Find the “Restore Brush” tool.
- Adjust the size of the tool.
- Brush over the section of your image where the person or object was.
- Click “Done” when the restoration process finalizes.
- Press “Apply” on the left side of the screen when you finish editing.
Use the Restore Brush Tool in the Canva Mobile App
If you make a mistake in the mobile app, use the restore brush tool with the below steps.
- Open the Canva app and find the project with the person you want to erase.
- Tap on “Effects” in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on “BG Remover,” followed by “Restore Brush.”
- Use the slider to make the brush smaller or larger.
- Use your finger to draw over the location where the person or object was.
- Wait for the person or object to appear again.
- Tap “Done” to finalize your project.
How to Erase Text in Canva
The steps required to learn how to erase text in Canva are the same as removing any other object. You will use the background remover first, selecting the erase brush after. This process also works in the Canva mobile app.
You will need more of a smaller brush when learning how to erase part of an image on Canva like text. You should find-tune the words you need to remove rather than accidentally erasing necessary information.
App to Erase Background
When you learn how to erase in Canva, you must first use the background remover. Sometimes this tool is not accurate, resulting in messy images.
You can access several third-party software tools on your computer or mobile device. These software programs often leave behind higher-quality results.
Free Third-Party Apps
Several third-party apps are free to help you erase backgrounds and objects. Learn more about three of the best options below.
Remove.bg automatically finds the subject in your photos. You will achieve neat and clear edges, ensuring your images do not look messy.
You will go to the Remove.bg website first, uploading the image with the background you want to remove. You will get a preview of the edited photo in a few seconds. Press “Download” to save your image to your computer.
You can integrate Remove.bg with other apps that may be on your computer. You can further edit your photos in Photoshop, Visual Studio Code, or WooCommerce. Transfer your images directly from one software program to another.
Adobe Creative Cloud Express
Adobe Creative Cloud Express offers a free background remover, whether you have a subscription to Adobe products or not. Download the software or visit the website and upload your photos to start.
After you click on the background remover tool, Adobe Express will automatically start erasing the back of the image. You can customize it using the editing tools in the software or download it immediately.
Some editing tools in Adobe Creative Cloud Express include filters, basic white balancing, and more than 100,000 templates. You can also crop or frame any images you upload.
Apowersoft Background Eraser is a fully automated software program. Use the crop-out feature to pinpoint the subject of your image, no matter what it is. Apowersoft will recognize people, animals, and objects.
Apowersoft Background Eraser also lets you remove the background manually. Use the “Keep” or “Remove” tool to highlight the edges of the back of the image. You can crop, adjust, zoom, move, or duplicate any objects or details in your photos.
You can make a custom collage or design with all of the cutouts from your previous photos. Combine the subjects to create a unique image that you can share with other individuals. You can bulk edit hundreds of photos simultaneously to make the process easier.
Erasing in Canva
You should feel comfortable knowing how to erase in Canva. You can remove the background, an object, or a person in this software. It is available as a desktop website or mobile app.
First, remove the back of your image with the Background Remover tool. You can access this in the “Effects” menu on the desktop or the “Edit Image” option in the mobile app.
Finally, you can use the erase brush to remove objects and people. This tool is only available after you click on the background remover.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence