How to Find Someone on Venmo
Venmo is one of the best payment platforms that are available for free. You can use this “digital wallet” as a social platform as you can send and request money from your friends.
To learn how to find someone on Venmo, you can use the step-by-step information below. This guide will also help you learn how to send and request money after finding your friends.
What is Venmo?
Venmo classifies itself as a “digital wallet.” You can send money to and request it from your friends and loved ones. Venmo makes the entire payment process sociable.
What are the Functions of Venmo?
There are more functions of Venmo than sending and receiving money to and from your friends and family members. You can check your balance anytime on your profile.
Many individuals pay at authorized merchants with their Venmo balance. You can also apply for the Venmo debit card. You can use it anywhere that accepts MasterCard.
Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide on How to Find Someone on Venmo
This step-by-step guide will show you the steps you need to follow to learn how to find someone on Venmo.
How to Know if Someone is on Venmo
Before learning how to find someone on Venmo, you have to determine if they use the platform. You can search Venmo by phone number, username, or email address to find a potential friend on the platform. The below steps will help you learn how to find out if someone uses Venmo.
1. Log Into your Venmo Account
You can sign in to your account using your Venmo handle, phone number, or email address. After, you will enter your password.
Venmo is available on a desktop website at www.venmo.com. You can also access the platform via the mobile app. You can download it from the Google Play Store on Android devices or the Apple App Store on iPhones.
2. Search the Person's Username
After logging in to your account, you will need to search for the Venmo username you want to confirm exists. This function exists on the desktop website and the mobile app.
Desktop Version of Venmo
You can search Venmo by phone number, email address, or username on the desktop version of the payment platform, as seen below.
- Open your browser and go to www.venmo.com.
- Log in to your account by pressing “Sign In.”
- Press “Friends,” followed by “Add Friends.”
- Enter the Venmo contact information you want to search.
- Click the profile of the person you want to add.
- Press “Add Friend” or “Pay or Request.”
Mobile App Version of Venmo
To search Venmo by phone number, username, or email address, use the below steps.
1. Download the Venmo app from the Google Play Store on your Android or the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
2. Click on the menu icon.
3. Press “Search People” in the menu. There will be a magnifying glass icon.
4. Type the Venmo contact information in the search bar.
5. Wait for the results to load.
6. Click on the profile you want to view.
7. Press “Add Friend” if you want to put that person on your friend list. You can also press “Pay or Request” to send or receive money.
3. Add Friends Who are Close to You
You can also learn how to find someone on Venmo if they are close to your physical location. You have to use the mobile app for the below steps.
1. Open the Venmo app and click on the menu icon.
2. Tap “Search People.”
3. Press “Scan Code.” It is under the search bar.
4. Ask your friend or loved one to pull up their QR code.
5. Place your friend’s device under your phone’s camera.
6. Wait for the app to scan the code.
7. Tap “Add Friend” to put that person on your friend’s list. Press “Pay or Request” to give or receive money.
How to Confirm a Friend Profile on Venmo
If you find someone’s Venmo handle in the search results, they likely have an active profile. You can click on their name to see if there are any recent transactions. You can ensure you will find the right person using the below steps.
1. Confirm Your Friend's Venmo Name
You can use the QR method if your friend is close to you. The barcode will automatically pull up your loved one’s Venmo address. You can press “Add Friend” immediately to place them on your friend list.
You can also allow the Venmo app to access your phone’s contacts. The method outlined in the steps below will automatically search Venmo by phone number to immediately add the correct users.
- Open your smart device’s settings.
- Click on “Apps and Permissions.”
- Press “Venmo,” followed by “Permissions.’
- Enable Contacts.
- Open the “Settings” app on your device.
- Click on “Venmo.”
- Look for the option labeled “Contacts.” Press the toggle switch.
2. Access the Add Friends Menu
You can also use the information outlined below to access the “Search People” menu option. Enter your friend’s Venmo address or name. Click on their profile when they show up.
3. Make New Friends
Stay active to ensure you find the appropriate friends on the platform. Invite your loved ones to easily pay them using Venmo.
Your loved ones will get an invitation to join Venmo if you send a payment to their email or phone number. They will receive a Venmo link to complete their profile on this payment platform.
How to View Your Friend List on Venmo
The Venmo friend list is easy to find. You have to click on your profile in the mobile app or website to access it.
After you get to your profile, look for your number of friends. Click on those digits to access your friend list.
How to Get Verified on Venmo
You can get verified on Venmo to make your profile look more trustworthy to potential friends. You will get higher money limits, allowing you to make money from your Venmo transactions. You can request up to $4,999.99 with a verified account.
You can verify your account on Venmo with the below steps.
1. Open the Venmo app on your smart device.
2. Open the menu and press “Settings.”
3. Click on the section labeled “Security.”
4. Press “Identity Verification.”
5. Tap “Next” to start the “One-Time Security Check.”
6. Enter your birth name, birthday, and the last four digits of your social security number. You will also need to enter your physical address.
7. Press “Next” and follow the additional on-screen prompts.
How Long Does It Take to Get Verified on Venmo?
Most of the time, you will get an immediate response about the verification of your account. Sometimes, Venmo will require additional information.
You will get a message about the types of forms you need to upload. Options may include your passport or driver’s license.
How to Send Payment Requests on Venmo
You can send payment requests after you learn how to find someone on Venmo. This process is available on the mobile app and desktop website.
To request money on the desktop website, use the below steps.
- Go to www.venmo.com on your computer.
- Click on the “Pay or Request” button. It is on the home screen.
- Enter the friends you want to request money from.
- Type the amount of money you need and a note.
- Tap “Request” and confirm the transaction.
To send payment requests on the Venmo app, use the below steps.
- Open the Venmo menu after opening the account.
- Tap “Search People.”
- Enter the name of the person you want to request money from.
- Press “Pay or Request.”
- Enter how much you want to receive.
- Tap “Request.”
- Enter a note or graphic.
- Tap the green “Request” button at the bottom of your screen.
What is the Venmo Digit Code?
You can use the Venmo digit code as a form of two-factor authentication. This number will provide an extra layer of account security.
You can turn on two-factor authentication when you first create your Venmo account. This six-digit number will come to your email address or phone number. Enter it in the appropriate space when logging into your account.
Is There a Limit to How Much Money I Can Send Through Venmo?
There are differences in your Venmo spending limits that depend on how long you have your account. If you are a new user, you cannot send more money back and forth than $299.99.
You get a weekly limit of $4,999.99 after confirming your identity. You can send more money when you have a trusted account.
What Information Should I Give People to Send Me Money on Venmo?
You can give your Venmo link when sending money on the payment platform. Venmo usernames will also work.
If you do not immediately know the username, provide your phone number or email address. You have to have this contact information registered if using these methods.
Does Venmo Have a Verification Limit?
Venmo does have a spending limit even for verified accounts. You can only send $4,999.99 between your friends per week.
You cannot spend more than $6,999.99 if you make a payment with an authorized merchant. The same weekly limit exists for individuals who use the Venmo debit card. You cannot pay more than $2,999.99 per transaction with these methods.
How Do I Know if Someone Removed Me as a Friend on Venmo?
You can see if someone reviewed you as a friend on Venmo. Look for specific Venmo usernames on your friends’ list on the website or app.
You will need to navigate to your profile first. After, click on the number of friends listed under your picture or Venmo username. Look to see if a specific individual is still on the list to determine if they removed you.
Find Someone on Venmo
You should feel comfortable knowing how to find someone on Venmo. If someone is close to your physical location, scan their QR code. You can also use the search bar built into the menu on the Venmo app or website.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence