How to Fix a Blurry Picture on iPhone
Everyone loves to take photos of the places they visit and the people they love on their phones. You may think you caught the perfect image, only to find out later that it is blurry.
This guide will help you learn how to fix a blurry picture on iPhone devices. You can use the Photos app, download a third-party program, visit a website, or transfer the image to your computer to begin.
Different Ways to Fix a Blurry Picture on iPhone
Read the below guide to understand how to fix a blurry picture on iPhone devices. You can use built-in tools, third-party apps, or websites. Airdrop the photos to your Mac to edit the images in desktop programs.
How to Make a Picture Not Blurry on iPhone
The Photos app on your iPhone has many built-in editing tools. You can use it to adjust color, white balance, or add clarity.
Use the Photos App
Learn to fix your blurry pictures on your iPhone using the Photos app as shown in the below steps.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Find the blurry image you want to edit.
- Tap on the word “Edit” in the top right.
- Scroll through the editing tools at the bottom of the screen until you get to “Sharpness.”
- Move the slider to the right to enhance the image.
- Adjust the “Contrast,” “Brightness,” or “Detail” if needed.
- Tap “Done.”
How to Make Blurry Pictures Clear App
Sometimes, third-party apps give you more control over editing your iPhone pictures. The best options in the Apple App Store are in this article.
Top Photo Enhancing Apps for iPhone
Read the list below if you want to use an app to make blurry pictures clear.
Snapseed is a free-to-download unblur image app made by Google. It works with JPG and RAW files.
You can precisely fix a blurry image with the below steps. If you find the perfect edit, save it as a preset for next time.
- Download Snapseed to your iPhone.
- Click “Open” and choose the blurry image.
- Tap the “Tools” tab. Select “Details.”
- Press “Sharpen” to remove the blur.
- Tap “Structure” to keep the detail in your images.
- Press the checkmark to finish editing the blurry image.
- Google made the Snapseed interface user-friendly.
- Snapseed includes professional-grade editing tools.
- Snapseed edits RAW and JPG files.
- There are no advertisements on Snapseed.
- Snapseed has a learning curve. It is best to have some experience with photo editing.
- Continuously save your edits to avoid losing your work.
Fotor is one of the more unique options on this list. It has a community where you can share your designs with other users. Get constructive criticism and continue improving your craft.
Watch the included tutorials if you need help when learning how to make a blurry picture clear on iPhone devices with Fotor. The specific steps required for using this app are below.
- Download Fotor to your iPhone.
- Open the app and tap “Camera.” Find the image you want to unblur.
- Tap the “Edit” button on the home screen.
- Click “Adjust” and find “Sharpness.” Move the slider to the right until your image is no longer blurry.
- Tap the “Structure” button.
- Select “Detail,” moving the slider to the right to further reduce the blurriness.
- Tap “Save” in the top right when you fix your photo.
- Fotor has hundreds of built-in filters for editing.
- You can decorate photos with text and icons.
- The app is simple and easy to learn.
- Fotor does not have brush tools for your photos.
- It is sometimes difficult to make precise drawings on your images.
Adobe Lightroom App
The Adobe Lightroom app can also help you learn how to fix a blurry picture on iPhone devices. The sharpening tool is free to use, even if you do not have a paid subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud.
You can learn how to make a blurry image clear in mobile apps like Adobe Lightroom with the steps below.
- Download Adobe Lightroom to your iPhone and sign in to your Adobe Creative Cloud account.
- Find the image you want to unblur.
- Click on the “Edit” panel and tap the “Details” icon. It resembles a triangle.
- Move the “Sharpening” slider to the right.
- Move the “Detail” slider to the right to enhance the images of the object in the photo.
- Tap the back arrow to finish editing.
- Your edits will automatically save to Lightroom.
- Your photo edits will sync from the desktop and mobile editions of Lightroom.
- You can access most of the editing features available in the desktop version of Lightroom.
- You cannot use your user saved presets in the mobile version of Lightroom.
- You must have an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription to access every Lightroom feature.
How to Make a Blurry Picture Clear Online Free
You can learn to fix blurry pictures online free. The websites mentioned in this article are available on a mobile browser.
Photo Enhancing Websites
Find the best websites for fixing blurry images in the list below.
The first method you can use to learn how to fix a blurry picture on iPhone browsers is to visit www.raw.pics.io. This website lets you convert an image to another format, editing it in the process.
- Go to www.raw.pics.io in your mobile browser.
- Tap “Start.”
- Press “Open Files” to select the image you want to unblur.
- Tap “Edit” in themenu.
- Click on the “Sharpen” tool and wait for the process to complete.
- Tap the “File” menu and press “Save.”
You can choose a different file format for your exported image if needed.
AVCLabs Photo Enhancer AI
AVCLabs Photo Enhancer AI will automatically sharpen your photos using artificial intelligence. You can learn how to make a picture not blurry on iPhone devices by going to this website and following the steps below.
- Go to www.enhance.avclabs.com on your mobile browser.
- Press “Click to Upload” and select the blurry photo you want to edit.
- Choose “AI Image Sharpen” in the “Select a Feature” dropdown menu.
- Tap “Upload Image.”
- Press “Start Processing.”
- Create an account if you do not have one.
- Wait for the artificial intelligence to finish editing and download your image.
Online-photo-converter.com lets you edit multiple photos simultaneously. Additional features on this website let you pixelate photos, reduce red eyes, turn images black and white, and compress files.
You can learn how to make a blurry picture clear online using online-photo-converter.com by following the steps below.
- Go to www.online-photo-converter.com on your mobile browser.
- Tap “Sharpening of Multiple Images Online.”
- Press “Choose Files” and find the blurry photo.
- Tap “On” next to “Photo Correction.”
- Tap “On” next to “Noise Reduction.”
- Type “100” under the “JPEG and PNG Quality” field.
- Press “Ok” to fix blurry pictures online free!
Sharpen.imageonline.co is the simplest website on this list, but it teach you how to make a blurry image clear in mobile browsers. There are very few steps required to use this program, as seen in the below list.
- Go to sharpen.imageonline.co on your mobile browser.
- Tap the grey “Upload Image” button.
- Find the blurry image you want to sharpen and wait for it to load in the first window.
- Move the slider to the right under “Sharpen Amount.”
- Tap the red “Sharpen Image” button.
- Look for the edited image in the window under “Sharpened Image.”
- Press “Download Image” to save your edits.
Top Software to Fix Blurry Pictures
You can use software programs to learn how to fix a blurry picture on iPhone devices. Airdrop the images directly to your computer if you have a Mac.
Airdrop the Photos to Your Mac
Airdrop your iPhone images to your Mac by following the steps below.
- Open the “Photos” app on your iPhone.
- Find the image you want to send to your Mac.
- Press the share icon. It looks like an upward-facing arrow in the middle of a square.
- Tap “Airdrop.”
- Find your computer in the list of devices and wait for the “Sending” process to complete.
- Tap “Accept” when the airdrop notification shows up on your computer.
- The photo will save to your “Downloads” folder.
Topaz Sharpen AI
Topaz Sharpen AI is the first software program you can use to learn how to fix a blurry picture on iPhone devices through your computer. You can try this program for free, but the full package costs $79.99.
You can learn to use this powerful software program with the below steps.
- Download Topaz Sharpen Ai from the website linked above.
- Drag and drop the blurry picture.
- Choose one of the sharpen models. These templates use preset features.
- Adjust the “Settings” until you are happy with the sharpness.
- Apply any “Selective Adjustments” to specific portions of your image.
- Select the “Grain” tool to add a natural look back to your photo.
- Press “Save” and choose your output options.
Adobe Lightroom is also available as a desktop program. You have to have an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription to use the sharpen tool on your computer.
Learn how to fix your images with this unblur image app on your computer with the below steps.
- Open Adobe Lightroom on your computer. Click “Import” to add a new image.
- Tap the picture you want to edit in the filmstrip at the bottom of the screen.
- Press “Develop” to start editing.
- Click on the “Detail” panel.
- Move the “Amount” slider under “Sharpening.” Move the “Detail” slider to the right.
- Press the “File” menu, followed by “Export.”
Photoshop is another software program made by Adobe Creative Cloud. Again, you need to have a subscription to use this tool.
Use the “Unsharp Mask” filter to learn how to make a blurry picture clear on iPhone devices through your computer.
- Open Adobe Photoshop and log into Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Click on the photo in the “Layers” panel.
- Press the “Filter” menu, followed by “Convert for Smart Filters.”
- Click the “Filter” menu again and choose “Sharpen.”
- Press “Unsharp Mask” and wait for the dialog box to appear.
- Move the “Amount” slider to the right.
- Move the “Radius” slider to the size of the blurry portions of your image.
- Press “File,” followed by “Save.”
Focus Magic is different than any other program on this list. It undoes the blurriness on your photos. Focus Magic uses deconvolution technologies to clear your images, the same technique used by forensic scientists.
You can use Focus Magic to fix blurry photos with the below information.
- Download Focus Magic onto your computer.
- Click on the “File” menu, followed by “Open.”
- Choose the photo you want to sharpen.
- Wait for Focus Magic to detect the blur width.
- Click on the “Filter” dropdown menu.
- Press “Focus.”
- Move the box to the portion of the image you need to fix. Change the blur width value to adjust its size of it.
- Click on the “File” menu again.
- Press “Save As.”
Luminar 4 uses artificial intelligence to help you sharpen images. It will also remove any blurriness that comes from your lens or the sun.
Download Luminar to your computer and read the below information to use this tool.
- Click on the “Edit” menu, followed by “Tools.”
- Press “Details.”
- Toggle the “Sharpen” option to remove the blur in your photo.
- Click on the “Details” panel.
- Find the “Details Protection” slider and move it to the right.
Finally, you can use the Capture One app to make blurry pictures clear. This program has default settings based on the camera settings you used. You can override these features if you need to make extra adjustments.
Learn to use Capture One to reduce the blurriness of your images below.
- Open Capture One on your computer.
- Click on the “Detail” tab.
- Choose the “Focus” tool. Find the blurry portions of your photo.
- Click on the “Sharpening” tool.
- Move the “Amount” slider to the right.
- Adjust the “Radius” slider to change the size of the sharpening.
Fix a Blurry Picture on iPhone
You likely now have a strong understanding of how to fix a blurry picture on iPhone devices. Start using the “Sharpening” slider in the “Photos” app. Click on “Edit” to begin.
You can also download a third-party app like Fotor or Lightroom. If you do not have storage space, upload your photo to a website. These sites will automatically sharpen your images.
You can also reduce the blurriness of your photos by transferring them to your computer. Download a software program like Adobe Photoshop or Capture One and start sharpening!
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence