How to Improve Video Quality on iPhone
If you use your iPhone to capture film, you likely want to achieve the best results possible. You have to have a clip with a high resolution to get the media you want. Learn how to improve video quality on iPhone devices using the step-by-step guide provided below.
The best way to increase the resolution of a video without losing quality is to access the device’s settings. Click on “Camera,” followed by “Record Settings.”
After you click “Record Settings,” you will see several resolution options on the screen. Choose at least “1080p HD at 60 fps.” There is also an option for “4K at 60 fps” for the highest possible quality.
Ultimate Guide to Enhance Video Resolution on iPhone
This step-by-step guide will help you learn how to improve video quality on iPhone devices.
The Best Video Enhancer Apps for Increasing Video Quality on iPhones
There are several third-party apps you can use to learn how to improve video quality on iPhone devices. Each comes with specific benefits, and most are free. You can download them from the Apple App Store to begin using any options listed below.
1. Power Director
Power Director is a free app that you can download on your smartphone. This software will help you learn how to improve video quality on iPhone devices to start. Power Director will let you export a 4K clip with ease.
Power Director also has a video stabilizer in its features that will let you reduce any shakiness you pick up when filming. You can also get rid of background noise using the AI noise reduction tool. Finally, there is a green screen feature that uses a chroma-key.
You will have to pay for the premium edition of Power Director to use some of the best features. The cost of this package is $4.99 per month.
The steps below will help you learn how to fix the quality of a video on iPhone devices using Power Director.
- Download Power Director from the Apple App Store.
- Open the app and create an account.
- Select the video you want to edit and open the production and editing page.
- Click on the “Resolution” settings, changing them from SD to Ultra HD, otherwise known as 4K.
- Tap on the “Settings” option.
- Click on “Bitrate.”
- Change the Bitrate option to “Better Quality.”
2. The Video Converter
If you have a clip-on on your iPhone, it may automatically be in MP4 format. You can learn how to fix the quality of a video on iPhone devices using The Video Converter. This app turns your compressed clips into uncompressed versions.
You can choose between 3GP, MOV, FLV, M4V, VOB, or MPEG when using these improve video quality app features. The conversion process only takes a matter of seconds. The completed video will save directly in the Photos app of your iPhone.
Use the steps below to learn how to improve video quality on iPhone devices using The Video Converter.
1. Download The Video Converter from the Apple App Store.
2. Open the app and give it access to your photos and videos.
3. Choose the appropriate folder for the location of your video.
4. Select the output format you want to use to increase the quality of your video. The highest-quality option is AVI, but AVI is a large file format.
5. Tap “Convert.” The Video Converter will upload your clip to a secure cloud server. The conversion process will only take a few seconds.
6. Your video will automatically download to your device.
You will need to use a third-party app to enhance the quality of your video after editing it. Consider an option like FilmoraGo that allows you to change the export settings to get the highest-quality clip.
You can also make video quality adjustments while editing the clip with an app like Pinnacle Studio Pro. Use the “Enhancer” features to get the best results.
FilmoraGo is one of the best apps you can download to learn how to enhance video quality on iPhone devices. You can adjust the quality of the clip, giving it a higher resolution. This feature is not the only one available on FilmoraGo.
FilmoraGo is free to download from the Apple App Store. You can sign up for the premium version if you do not want a watermark and need some advanced features on the app.
FilmoraGo lets you add text and graphics to any of your videos. You can place filters on your clips to give them a specific effect. Consider adding any of the built-in background music to add emotional value to your videos.
Use these improve video quality app features in FilmoraGo using the steps below.
1. Download FilmoraGo from the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
2. Sign up for the pro version if you do not want a watermark on your final video.
3. Click on the option labeled “Import.”
4. Choose “AVI” if you want the highest-quality file format possible.
5. Tap “Export 1080P” to further enhance your video’s quality.
6. Click on “Save Video” and choose the appropriate location for saving your clip.
4. Pinnacle Studio Pro
Pinnacle Studio Pro is one of the best apps you can use to learn how to improve video quality on iPhone devices. This option is expensive, as it does cost $12.99 to download. There are additional in-app purchases.
The desktop version is the best option for using Pinnacle Studio Pro, but the mobile edition still comes with several editing features. You can adjust the speed of your clips, fix individual frames, and add transition effects.
Pinnacle Studio Pro also comes with an option for sharing directly to social media. Your audience can see your video clips in a matter of minutes after editing them.
To enhance the quality of a video using Pinnacle Studio Pro, use the below steps.
- Download Pinnacle Studio Pro from the Apple App Store.
- Choose the video you want to edit to open the editing screen.
- Click on “Corrections.” Use the “Enhancer” tool to adjust the quality.
- You can also click on “Properties.”
- Under “Size,” change the horizontal and vertical percentages.
Finally, you can adjust the quality of a video on your iPhone while recording it. Use the toggle buttons that show up on the top right of the screen.
You can click on “4K” or “1080p” to get high-quality results. There are additional options under these toggle buttons to change the fps of your clips.
Change The Video Recording Settings on Your iPhone's Camera
If you want to learn how to increase video quality on iPhone devices, you can update the recording settings. These smartphones default to using 30 frames per second, otherwise known as fps. You can adjust this frame rate to learn how to change video resolution on iPhone devices.
When you increase the frame rate, the video resolution will get better. If you lower the number, it will get worse.
Change the Auto FPS Options
The first method you can use to learn how to increase video quality on iPhone devices via the recording settings is to change the automatic options. When using the steps below, you will not have to make adjustments every time you record a video.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and click on the option labeled “Camera.”
- Click on “Record Video.”
- If you have an iPhone 12 or later, click on “Auto FPS.” After, change it to the option labeled “30- and 60-fps video.”
- If you have an iPhone X, iPhone SE, or iPhone 11, toggle the switch to turn on “Auto Low Light FPS.”
Video enhancer apps will first let you learn how to improve video quality on iPhone devices. They will increase the resolution of your films so that you can present a more professional-looking piece of media.
Video enhancer apps also let you adjust the brightness of your clips. You can also stabilize any films you take on your iPhone.
When learning how to improve video quality on iPhone devices, you should consider the correct file formats. You need to shoot your clips in 4K resolution for the best quality. If you need to save space on your iPhone, you can comfortably drop down to 1080 pixels.
You can further improve the quality of it after uploading your video to YouTube. Use the below steps to access these features.
- When in the video player in the YouTube app, tap on the “More” icon. It resembles three dots.
- Click on “Quality.”
- Select “Higher Picture Quality.”
Adjust iOS Camera Settings for Optimum Quality
You can also adjust camera settings while the app is open to learn how to change video resolution on iPhone devices. There are toggle switches that you will have access to, as long as you have an iPhone X or newer. Use the steps below to learn how to improve video quality on iPhone devices using this method.
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone.
- Scroll over to Video mode at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the quick toggles on the top right corner.
- Switch from HD to 4K. Change the FPS settings from 30 to 60 fps to learn how to enhance video quality on iPhone devices.
If you have earlier than an iPhone X, you can turn on the toggle settings. You will notice that they do not automatically show up when you are in Video mode. To add these settings to the Camera app’s screen, use the below steps.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click on the option labeled “Camera.”
- Scroll down to the “Record Video” option.
- Turn on the toggle switch next to “Video Format Control.”
If you share your videos to a site like YouTube, you can load them in VLC. After, you can learn how to enhance the quality with the steps below.
- Open VLC and click on the “Tool” menu.
- Click on “Preferences.”
- Under “Show Settings for Advanced Preferences,” click “All.”
- Look for the section labeled “Preferred Video Resolution.”
- Tap on “Choose the Maximum Video Quality.”
It is easy to screen record on your iPhone, making a clip of the actions you take on your device. The steps below will help you capture a video in this process.
- Open the Settings app and click on “Control Center.”
- Look for the option labeled “Screen Recording” and tap on the plus sign.
- Open the control center on your iPhone.
- Press and hold on to the record button.
- Tap “Microphone,” followed by “Start Recording.”
- Stop the recording by opening the Control Center again.
- Tap on the record button. You can also press on the status bar, clicking “Stop” after.
Enhance the Resolution of Your Videos on Your iPhone
You can learn how to improve video quality on iPhone devices using any of the third-party apps and built-in settings above. Every iPhone comes with “Record Video” adjustments and toggle buttons within the Camera app. Otherwise, you can download an app like FilmoraGo or The Video Converter.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence