How to Make a Reaction Video on iPhone
Reaction videos are some of the funniest clips to watch on social media platforms. You can see people’s honest opinions about viral movies, television shows, and reels.
You can learn how to make a reaction video on iPhone devices if you want to try one for yourself. Provide an honest critique to find the audience members you need.
Some of the best built-in features for creating reaction videos are the screen recording tool and iMovie. You can also download a third-party tool, as seen below.
Step-by-Step Guide to Make Reaction Videos on iPhone
What is a Reaction Video?
Before learning how to make a reaction video on iPhone devices, you likely want to know what one is. These films show your emotional response to a new television show, viral clip, or movie.
Audience members use reaction videos as a form of review. They like to see genuine emotional responses to know if the movie or television show is worth their time. Audience members trust other “normal” people more than review agencies.
You can find example reaction videos on several social media channels. Use YouTube or Facebook, for instance, to search for reviews of a movie you want to see. There are several content creators dedicated to making only reaction videos.
How to Make Reaction Videos on iPhone Manually
There are only a couple of methods you can use to learn how to do reaction videos on your iPhone manually. The first is to take a screen recording on your device. You can also airdrop to your Mac, using the advanced features on iMovie after.
Use the Screen Recorder Feature on Your iPhone
You will need to take a screen recording to learn how to make a reaction video on iPhone devices. Your completed video will save directly to the Photos app on your device. After, upload it directly to your social media platforms.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Click on the option labeled “Control Center.”
- Look for the option labeled “Screen Recording.”
- Tap the plus sign next to the words “Screen Recording.”
- Find the video you want to use for your reaction. Start playing it.
- Open Control Center on your iPhone.
- Tap the record button. It looks like a grey square with two circles in the middle.
- Wait for the three-second countdown to complete.
- Open Control Center again.
- Tap the red record button to stop your recording.
- Look for your screen recording in the Photos app.
Use iMovie to Make Reaction Videos
You can learn how to make a reaction video on iPhone devices using iMovie. You must airdrop the video to your Mac, especially if it is already on your iPhone. Otherwise, you can save a social media clip or movie to your computer.
Use the steps below to record your reaction video after getting the original on your Mac. The advanced features are not available on the iPhone version of iMovie. You can airdrop the completed clip back to your iPhone when you finish.
- Open iMovie on your Mac.
- Click on “New Project” to start a new video.
- Upload the movie you want to react to on the timeline.
- Press the record button to start your reaction. You can also upload a prerecorded video.
- Drag the second clip to where you need it on the timeline.
- Click on the “Overlay” dropdown menu.
- Press “Picture in Picture.”
- Drag the clip to where you want it positioned on the original video in the preview window.
- Export the clip to your device.
Third-Party Tools to Make Reaction Videos on iPhones
There are a few third-party tools you can use to learn how to make a reaction video on iPhone devices. You may find the best software for reaction videos for yourself in the list below.
1. Screen Recorder for iPhone
Screen Recorder for iPhone is a reaction video maker app that will let you film your emotional response with ease. It is available for free, but premium features require a subscription.
Screen Recorder for iPhone also lets you live stream to social media and gaming platforms. Convert any of your clips to GIFs after you finish recording.
Finally, Screen Recorder for iPhone has a built-in video editor for your needs. Add transitions, filters, or other effects after completing your clip. Refer to the below steps to learn how to use Screen Recorder for iPhone.
- Download Screen Recorder for iPhone from the Apple App Store.
- Click “Face Cam” after opening the app.
- Press “My Recordings.”
- Choose the videos you want for your reaction.
- Press “Overlay” to change the border of your recording.
- Tap “Start” to begin your video.
- Tap “End” when you finish recording.
- Press “Done” if you are happy with your results.
- Use the built-in editor to add a filter or adjust the audio.
- Press the upload icon.
- Save your video to your iPhone or upload it to social media.
You can also react to YouTube videos directly by copying and pasting the link.
- Upload your video directly to social media.
- Use the built-in video editor to add filters or trim your clips.
- React to a video from YouTube by copying and pasting the link.
You have to sign up for a subscription to access premium features on this reaction video app.
TikTok is technically not a reaction video app on its own. It is a social media platform that is free to download on your iPhone.
If you have TikTok, you know how quickly videos can go viral. There are millions of clips uploaded every day for audience members to watch and enjoy.
Sometimes, reaction videos go viral on TikTok. You can react, duet, or stitch another content creator on the social media platform to begin.
You can learn how to edit reaction videos on TikTok after you finish your recording. The entirety of steps, however, are below.
- Download TikTok from the Apple App Store.
- Open the TikTok account and create an account.
- Scroll through the “For You Page” until you find a video you want for a reaction. You can also use the search bar.
- Play the original video.
- Press the share icon. It resembles an arrow facing the right side of the screen.
- Tap “React” in the menu.
- Move the reaction box where you want it.
- Adjust the audio of your reaction.
- Press the record button to start filming.
- Add filters and any other edits.
- Press “Publish” to upload your clip.
- Hold and press on the screen to save the video to your device.
- TikTok is completely free.
- You can use TikTok on any device with internet access.
- There are some editing features.
- Your reaction videos cannot be longer than three minutes.
- There is stiff competition on TikTok.
Reactoo is another reaction video app that you can use for your clips. This option is unique because you can network with companies looking for sponsors.
When you finish recording, you can learn how to edit reaction videos. The interface is simple enough for any user.
When you finish editing, upload your video directly to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Your viewers will appreciate the high quality.
To learn how to record a reaction video in Reactoo, continue reading below.
- Download Reactoo from the Apple App Store.
- Find the YouTube video you want to react to in the “Watch” tab.
- Press “React” to start recording.
- Tap the red button in the middle of the screen to start.
- Tap the record button again to end your video.
- When you finish editing, press “Share.”
- Post the video on your Reactoo account. You can also post it to some social media platforms.
- Collaborate with sponsors in real-time.
- Share videos directly to social media.
- Simple interface for anyone.
- You can only access Reactoo on iOS devices.
How to Make Reaction Videos on YouTube without Copyright
You may worry about copyright laws if you want to learn how to make YouTube reaction videos. There are methods you can use to avoid potential legal issues, as seen below.
- Lower the volume of the video behind your reaction. The YouTube bots will pick up on copyrighted sounds, dialogue, and music.
- Remove a few seconds of the video every 30 seconds. Skip ahead to a new section of the clip after you provide your response.
- Pause the video every 30 seconds. Spend the time talking about your reaction. Create a more personal experience for your audience members.
- Email the content creator to ask permission to use the video. The worst they can say is “no.”
- Credit the content creator in the description box of your video. You can also provide a credits scene.
There are several methods to avoid copyright infringement when learning how to do a reaction video on YouTube. The best way to not get into a potential lawsuit is to ask permission. You do not want to use someone’s content that they do not share with others.
How to Make Reaction Videos on Instagram
You can learn how to make a reaction video on iPhone devices using Instagram. This social media platform lets you make short reels that show your response to a viral clip. The name of this feature is “Remix.”
To use “Remix,” read the steps below.
- Open Instagram on your iPhone.
- Scroll to the reels tab.
- Click on the three horizontal dots on the top right corner of the reel.
- Press “Remix this Video.”
- Record your emotional response to the video.
- Share your reel to your Instagram profile.
You can also save the video to your device. You can upload it to any other platform, including YouTube.
Make a Reaction Video on Your iPhone
You should know how to make a reaction video on iPhone devices now. The process is fun for anyone if they are willing, to be honest with their audience members.
You can learn how to make reaction videos in iMovie or by making a screen recording. Third-party apps like TikTok, Screen Recorder for iPhone, and Instagram are also available. Each comes with its benefits, so consider the pros and cons above.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence