How to Make a Video Louder on iPhone
If you enjoy making or watching videos on your iPhone, you need to know how to adjust the volume. Sometimes, these clips are too quiet, and you or other people are barely able to hear them.
To learn how to make a video louder on iPhone devices, consider the step-by-step guide below. You can use the built-in features of your iPhone or a third-party app to get started.
If you want to learn how to make the sound clearer on your iPhone videos, you can use iMovie. This app has features within the audio settings that let you clear background noise. You can also reduce echo and maintain the pitch you need.
A few of the above apps will also help you make your audio clearer. FilmoraGo especially will help you adjust the volume levels so that you have music or videos that you are ready to share. These settings will help you appear more professional to your peers.
How to Make a Video Louder on iPhone | Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide
The step-by-step guide will help you learn how to make a video louder on iPhone devices. You will find built-in and third-party methods.
Manually Turn the Volume Up Using Your iPhone's Buttons
If you notice that the sound on your video is quiet, you may need to turn the volume up on your iPhone itself. The first and simplest method you can try is to use the buttons on the side of your device.
This method will work if you need to learn how to make videos louder while on Facetime iPhone. They will change the sound levels for any app sounds or other pieces of media on your device.
Adjust the Volume in Your Settings
The next method you can use to learn how to make videos louder while on Facetime iPhone is to access your settings. This app helps you make changes to any of the functions of your device.
The steps below will help you make your videos louder via the Settings app.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click on “Sounds and Haptics.”
- Look for the section labeled “Ringer and Alerts.”
- Move the slider all the way to the right.
Change the Volume on Your Device Using Siri
Siri is the built-in virtual assistant that comes with every iPhone. This method will only work if you are already in the middle of watching a video. Use the steps below to help you turn up the volume.
- Open your video and start watching it.
- Say “Hey Siri” and wait for the virtual assistant to open.
- Say “Turn Up the Volume.”
- Repeat the process if you need the video louder.
Use iMovie to Adjust the Volume
you can learn how to edit a movie on iPhone devices with iMovie. This built-in app will also hep you turn up the volume of your videos.
You will start by uploading the clips that you want to include. After, you can use the inspector to access the editing tools. When you finish making your adjustments, simply export the video to your device.
This method will only work if you created the video or saved one. Make sure you get permission before editing a piece of media made by someone else.
To learn how to make videos louder using iMovie, use the steps below.
1. Open iMovie on your iPhone.
2. Click on the plus sign to start a new project.
3. Select the video that you want to adjust.
4. Tap on the video after it goes onto the timeline.
5. Wait for the inspector to open on the bottom of the screen.
6. Click on the option labeled “Audio.”
7. Look for the volume slider.
8. Drag the volume slider to the right to increase the volume of your video.
9. Tap anywhere outside of the inspector.
10. Press the share icon.
11. Save your video or send it elsewhere.
If you want to make your iPhone videos clearer by using your computer, you need to airdrop your clips to your computer. This can be done by choosing the video and pressing the share icon. Wait for the package to arrive to your computer, and press “Accept.”
After you receive the airdropped video, you can make all of the adjustments you need. Open iMovie, and use many of the same steps listed above for when using the app. You will move the volume slider on the audio tab until you get the appropriate sound levels that you need.
Third-Party Apps for Changing the Sound Levels of a Video
There are a few third-party tools you can use to learn how to make a video louder on iPhone devices. Most are free in the Apple App Store.
FilmoraGo is likely the top video editor available in the Apple App Store. It is free to download, but you can access premium features with additional purchases.
The timeline is intuitive to your needs, making it user-friendly when wanting to learn how to enhance the sound on a video. You can also use the music and sound effect libraries to make your clips more unique.
After you finish editing your video in FilmoraGo, you can easily send it to social media. Upload it to YouTube, Facebook, or Instagram.
Use FilmoraGo to Change the Volume
To learn how to make a video louder on iPhone devices using FilmoraGo, access the below steps.
1. Download FilmoraGo to your iPhone.
2. Open the app and create an account.
3. Click on “New Project” to start a new video.
4. Add the file that you needs volume adjustments.
5. Click on the clip in the timeline to open the editing panel.
6. Select the options labeled “Audio.”
7. Move the slider bar under the word “Volume.” Drag it all the way to the right for maximum sound levels.
8. Click on the share icon to save or upload your video.
The next app you can use to learn how to make a video louder on iPhone devices is Videoshop. This free-to-download software also has in-app purchases, like FilmoraGo, if you want to access the more premium capabilities.
Videoshop lets you remove any portions of your clips that you do not want. It lets you add your own music via your Apple library, and you can adjust the speed of any audio.
This app will also allow you to record voiceovers so that you can truly personalize your films. Finally, you can even create stop motion pictures in Videoshop.
To learn how to use this increase video volume app, follow the list provided.
1. Download Videoshop from the Apple App Store.
2. Open the app and click on the “Import” option.
3. Select the video you need to edit.
4. Click on the speaker icon above the clip in the timeline.
5. Wait for the “Clip Volume” bar to appear.
6. Slide the volume bar to the right to increase the sound levels.
7. Click on “Done” when you finish editing.
8. Share your video to social media or save it to the Photos app.
If you want to just adjust the background music on your iPhone videos, you will need to use iMovie or another third-party app. Separate the audio from your video, and move the sliders down on only the audio clip. Open the settings and move the pitch up for the individual speaking.
3. Max Volume Booster
Max Volume Booster is best if you want to add fun effects to the videos you create. It is also free from the Apple App Store.
This app claims to help you learn how to enhance the sound on a video by as much as 1000%. It also says that it can mute specific sounds that exist in your clips.
There is no time limit on this app, and there are no ads to distract you. You can use the subscription only for getting the premium features.
To learn how to use this increase video volume app, you can use the below steps.
1. Download Max Volume Booster from the Apple App Store.
2. Click on the option labeled “Import.”
3. Press “Camera Roll” to select the video you need to adjust.
4. Click on the video in the list, and choose the “Adjust Volume” option.
5. Choose the percentage by which you want to increase the volume of your clip.
6. Tap close and wait for the process to complete.
7. Tap “Save” on the tab labeled “Results” to keep your video.
4. Volume Booster
Volume Booster is one of the most comprehensive apps you can use to make a video louder on your iPhone. It works in similar ways to Max Volume Booster.
You can import your video from anywhere on your iPhone, including the Photos library or iCloud storage. You can also link your Google Drive or DropBox account for a more comprehensive look.
Volume Booster will have an Originals and Results tab. The former will showcase the imported clips, and the latter is for the edited ones.
There are additional audio settings you can choose from in Volume Booster. These options include equalizers, bass adjustments, and rotation.
To learn how to simply adjust the audio in Volume Booster, you can use the below information.
- Download Volume Booster from the Apple App Store.
- Click on “Import” and select the video you want to edit.
- Click on the three dots next to your video.
- Choose the Volume Adjuster settings.
- Move the slider until you get to the appropriate volume.
- Preview your sounds.
- Press the back button when you finish and wait for your clip to upload to the “Results” tab.
- Download your videos.
If you want to make an iPhone louder, you can use the buttons. On newer models, you will press the top option on the right side. For older editions of the iPhone, you can hold the middle button on the left side.
Make a Video Louder on an iPhone
You should feel comfortable knowing how to make a video louder on iPhone devices now. The process outlined will help you get a professional-sounding clip that you can feel confident showing your peers and loved ones.
To adjust the volume when playing a video, use Siri, your settings, or the buttons on the side of your device. There are also post-production steps you can take.
Some of the post-production methods you can use include using iMovie and downloading third-party apps. These options have volume sliders so that you can isolate the audio and get the results you need.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence