How to Make an Infographic in Word
Microsoft word is one of the most well-rounded tools for business professionals, students, and regular people. You can write documents, build charts and graphs, and create other graphics.
If you have a business or are a student, you likely need to make infographics to share visual information about your company. You can share your creations on social media or your website.
You can learn how to make an infographic in Word. The software offers several templates and many built-in tools that will help you create a stunning visual.
When you learn how to create an infographic in Word, you should incorporate photography. Look for stock images if you do not want to take them yourself.
Do not let your photo take up most of your infographic. You want the information on it to be clear to your audience.
The Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide | How to Make an Infographic in Word
This step-by-step guide will ensure you know how to make an infographic in Word.
Make an Infographic in Word
Microsoft Word is one of the best tools that are available when you need to make a graphic or a document. You likely know about the many features that are available if you have experience using this software.
This step-by-step guide will help you learn how to create an infographic in Word. You can make these graphics with other Microsoft tools, however. Consider Excel or PowerPoint to start.
If you want to make an infographic in Microsoft Word, you can use the steps mentioned below. You will need a Microsoft account to get started.
1. Open Microsoft Word on your computer.
2. Click on “New Document.” Click on “A4” for the easiest beginning.
3. Press the “Insert” tab at the top of the page.
4. Click “SmartArt” to open the essential tool.
5. Choose one of the graphics that best meets your needs.
6. Press “Ok” after you make your selection.
7. Click on the “Insert” tab again.
8. Choose “Chart” to add a visual representation of your data.
9. The “Graph” option will let you the relationships of the data.
10. Click on the “Insert” tab again.
11. Press “Shapes” to incorporate vector art into your infographic.
12. Click “Icons” to insert other graphics into your design.
13. Press “Pictures” to upload your own images to the infographic.
14. Click on the “File” tab.
15. Press “Save” to place your infographic on your desktop.
16. Click “Share” to send your infographic to another program, social media, or your email.
Access Templates on Microsoft Word
There are a few templates you can use when wanting to learn how to make an infographic in Word. To access these options, use the steps below.
1. Open Microsoft Word on your computer.
2. Click on the “New” option.
3. In the search bar, type “Infographic.”
4. Choose the template you want to use.
5. Press “Create.”
Third-Party Tools that Can Help in Infographic Creation
You can use a third-party tool to help you in the infographic creation process. The two options outlined below are experts in the design field.
Visme is one of the best tools you can use to help you learn how to make an infographic in Word. After you use the software, download your creation and finish editing it in Word.
You can also upload a PDF version of your Word creation to Visme. Add any additional visual elements, downloading your graphic after.
Features of Visme
Visme works with a drag-and-drop tool. There are thousands of included visual elements that you can place on your infographics. These include stickers, shapes, animations, and more.
The data visualization tools in Visme will help you build charts and tables. Incorporate a map if you need to provide geographical information.
The brand kit on Visme will help you incorporate your logos into all of your creations. Store your fonts, color palettes, and other graphics in your account.
Visme also lets you collaborate with a team when creating your infographics. You can comment on others’ graphics, providing constructive criticism.
Build an Infographic in Visme
Use the steps below to build an infographic from scratch in Visme.
- On your browser, type in www.visme.co.
- Log in to your account or make one.
- Click on “Create” on the left menu.
- Choose one of the infographic templates.
- Change the text on the template. Adjust the font and the color of it.
- Add graphics to your template.
- Add additional animations or charts.
- Customize the background and other colors in your template.
- Click on “Share” and download your infographic. You can also share it directly via email or social media.
Do not be afraid to leave white space when creating your infographic. These blank areas can help your audience members focus on the pertinent information.
You do not want your infographic to look cluttered. Too much data can overwhelm the viewer.
Venngage is another tool you can use to help you learn how to create an infographic in Word. Remember, you can upload a PDF version of your Microsoft creation. You can also download your Venngage infographic, further editing it in Word.
Venngage is an expert in infographics. The owners of the company created the business only allowing for these. Currently, they do offer a few other graphics.
Features of Venngage
Venngage has thousands of visual assets. You can search the icons and elements by topic or category. You must understand that you cannot change the colors of illustrations, though icons are customizable.
Venngage lets you set up a brand kit that you can access on the left-side menu. You can save your color palettes, fonts, and logos.
If you sign up for a business subscription on Venngage, you can collaborate with your teammates. Real-time communication is available one page at a time.
Making an Infographic in Venngage
Consider the steps below if you want to learn how to make an infographic in Venngage.
1. On your browser, type in www.venngage.com.
2. Log in to your account or make a new one.
3. Click on “Templates” and choose a graphic that meets your needs.
4. Change the headings and subheadings on your infographic. Adjust the font and color.
5. Choose the icons that will help you tell your story. Change the color of them to meet your theme.
6. Use the replace tool to change any icons or font styles you no longer need.
7. Add text boxes to incorporate the data you need to share.
8. Press “Share” to download your infographic to your device.
9. Choose email or social media if you want to share your infographic digitally.
The Best Infographic Templates Available on Microsoft Word
There are some free infographic templates for Word. These options will help you make your graphics with ease.
1. Yellow Event Brochure
The Yellow Event Brochure infographic template on Microsoft word helps you spread the word about your companies. You can promote your event, encouraging your audience members to check out your company in a fun way.
What Comes with the Template?
You will receive two pages worth of visuals when you use this infographic template for Word. You can share the edited information directly to your social media pages or websites.
This infographic template is also available to print. It works as a tri-fold brochure, with general information about the event on the front and contact details on the back. In the middle of this Microsoft Word infographic template, you can put details about the event itself.
You will need a Microsoft Office account to use this template. Microsoft will provide you with step-by-step instructions when you start editing.
You can customize any of the colors and fonts used on the template. The images are also changeable.
The rule of thirds is one of the basic graphics rules in the design industry. It states that your visual content should be a little to the left or the right.
You will need to visualize your graphic divided by nine squares. The details should be in the center of one of the intersections.
2. Builder Brochure
If you want to find free infographic templates for Word, consider the Builder Brochure. You will need a Microsoft account, but the download itself does not have a price. If you are a student, you can sign up for free.
Features of the Builder Brochure Template
When using this infographic template for Word, you will receive three pages worth of editable information. Again, this option is printable. It works like a tri-fold brochure.
On the front page of this template, you can upload a photo, a title, and your company’s logo. On the back, you can place your contact information.
The middle of this template allows you to provide deep factual information. There is room for a title at the top of each of the four interior pages.
Customization Options on This Template
This Microsoft template is customizable for any business. There is clear space marked for you to place your logo on the front and back.
You can upload your images to the brochure, and the colors are changeable. Edit any of the fonts to achieve the look you want.
If you want to learn how to make an infographic in Word, you likely want the world to see it. This digital information needs to first be easily readable by any audience members.
Since so many people will see the infographic, add contact details. Provide a link to your website. Consider also putting your phone number and email on the graphic.
Making an Infographic in Microsoft Word
Now that you know how to make an infographic in Word, you should feel confident. Start with one of the templates if you are a beginner.
If you are ready to branch out and start from scratch, consider using the built-in tools on Microsoft. On the “Insert” tab, you can access SmartArt objects, charts, graphs, pictures, icons, and shapes. Any of these options will help you build a beautiful graphic.
There are a few third-party tools available to help you further develop your infographics. Consider Visme or Venngage. Each of these options comes with thousands of pre-made graphics, templates, and brand assistance.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence