How to Make Infographics for Instagram
Instagram is the best social media platform for sharing visual content. As a business owner, you have to stay abreast of what draws customers to you. Most of the time, they enjoy visual content more than anything.
When you prepare visual content for Instagram, you likely only want to post photos or videos. Take it a step further by learning how to make infographics for Instagram.
These infographics will help provide visual incentives and pertinent data. You can learn how to make these designs using the step-by-step guide below.
You must ensure that the text you provide on your infographics is readable. Do not choose a font just because it looks interesting.
You want to capture your customers’ attention and ensure they get the information they need to know. Readable content makes them more likely to share your post after.
The Step-by-Step Guide | How to Make an Infographic in Word
This step-by-step guide will help you learn how to make infographics for Instagram. These posts are perfect if you run a business or enjoy spreading essential data.
How to Make an Infographic for Instagram
It is easy to learn how to make infographics for Instagram. You can start with a template or make the graphics from scratch on a program like Microsoft Word.
Some designers will make these infographics for you. This option is the most expensive, so make sure it fits your marketing or personal budget.
Make the Graphic Ready for Instagram
After you make the infographic, you have to make it Instagram-ready. Sometimes, these graphics are long-form, meaning they do not easily fit on the social media page.
To make your infographics Instagram-ready, consider some of the methods below.
- Crop parts of the image, putting them up as a snippet. Write a long caption to provide extra details about the facts.
- Split the infographic into sections. Share them in order on one post. Instagram will let you post as many as ten pictures at once.
- Share your infographic on your story. You can zoom out on the image to make it fit. After, feature it on your page to let your audience see it at any time.
Why Should You Use Infographics on Instagram?
There are several reasons why you should learn how to make infographics for Instagram. Read the list below to learn more.
1. Your Customers Can Make Better Decisions
Your customers will process visual information much faster than words. They can more quickly decide if your business is worth their time.
2. Your Content Becomes More Shareable
Visual content is much more relatable and consumable. Your readers will, in turn, more likely share the content you produce.
3. Your Brand Can Appear More Credible
If you build infographics for Instagram, you will appear more credible. The information should have research to back it up.
Additional Tools to Help You Make Infographics for Instagram
There are several tools available to you to learn how to make the best Instagram infographics. Learn more about these third-party options in the information below.
It is so easy to learn how to use Canva for Instagram infographics. There are thousands of free icons, backgrounds, shapes, and stock images you can use in your Instagram infographic designs.
To use Canva to learn how to make infographics for Instagram, use the steps below.
- On your browser, go to www.canva.com.
- Sign into your account or sign up for one.
- Click on “Templates” and type “Instagram Infographic.”
- Look for a template that fits the theme you want to create.
- Click on “Background” on the left side of the screen. Choose an image or color, or upload one!
- Select the “Text” option on the left side of the screen. Choose one of the header options. Type your headliner and change the font to our liking.
- Click “Text” again and create subheadings or body paragraphs. Keep the information easy to read.
- Select the “Shapes,” “Icons” and “Images” options on the lefthand menu to choose visual elements for your infographic.
- Click on the “Download” option in the top right corner. Choose “PNG” or “JPG.”
Canva has a mobile app also. If you are in a hurry and need to create a quick graphic, consider using this option.
Posting Your Designs to Instagram
It is also possible to learn how to post from Canva to Instagram. The method outlined below will make the process more streamlined.
- Download the Canva mobile app to your device. It is available in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Find the design you need to share.
- Click on the three horizontal dots in the top corner.
- Choose “Instagram” out of the available social media apps.
- Press “Connect” and log in to your Instagram account.
- Give Canva permission to access your Instagram.
- Choose the pages you want to share on your Instagram. Press “Done.”
- Write the caption for your image.
- Press “Publish.”
When you post from Canva to Instagram, your images will upload right away! Log in to your Instagram account to confirm the results.
- There are thousands of templates, icons, and elements available for free.
- You can change any feature in any of the templates.
- Your past projects will save in your account.
- The paid version offers a 30-day free trial.
- When you search for an image, you will see both paid and free options. There is no way to filter the two.
- You cannot download a transparent PNG without a premium account.
If possible, try to add your logo to your infographics. Your customers will associate your brand with the information provided.
When your logo is on visual content, you will appear more reputable as a company or organization. When someone shares the infographic, their audience will know that it came from you.
Piktochart is another free-to-use digital tool. It has a user-friendly interface that gives you many choices in the design process.
You can choose from any of the many templates or start from scratch. The Instagram infographic will remain fully customizable no matter your choice.
Features of Piktochart
You will appreciate the many features when you start learning how to make infographics for Instagram in Piktochart. The canvas, to start, is fully customizable. Change the size of your workspace to get the finer details done.
There is also an interactive map on Piktochart. It will help you focus on specific portions of your design. Finally, there is a vast library of images and elements you can incorporate into your Instagram infographics.
If you sign up for the professional package, you will have access to custom fonts and color schemes. Piktochart will also remove any watermarks.
Use Piktochart to Make an Infographic
To learn how to make infographics for Instagram in Piktochart, read the steps below.
- In your browser, go to www.create.piktochart.com and make an account. Log in if you already have one.
- Choose “Infographic.”
- Browse for one of the templates that fit your theme. Make sure it is the right size for Instagram.
- Press “Use Template.”
- Give your infographic a title.
- Arrange the blocks how you like them. Move, add, delete, or clone them.
- Click on “Settings” to change the size of portions of your Infographic.
- Double-click on any of the text to edit it. Click “Text” on the left menu to add more.
- Press “Graphics” to add any elements to your infographic.
- Click on “Tools” on the left side of the screen to add charts, maps, and videos.
- Press “Save” when you finish editing.
- Click “Download” and choose the file format you want to use.
- Press “Share,” followed by “Instagram,” to send your infographic to your social media channel.
- Piktochart has a user-friendly interface that anyone can learn.
- Infographics are fully customizable.
- Use the charts and maps tools to take your infographics to the next level.
- Piktochart does not offer a mobile app.
- There are limited functions in the free version of Piktochart.
- If you sign up for the premium plan, you will not receive a free trial.
When you build an infographic on Instagram, you need to showcase diversity. You as a company need to represent all of your customers.
When you represent every customer, you will attract more of those individuals. They will appreciate your awareness and the welcoming environment you want to offer.
The Best Templates for Instagram Infographics
Sometimes, it is best to start with an Instagram infographic template. In the information below, you will find two of the best options that are currently available.
1. Infographics on Instagram Template
The Infographics on Instagram Template is available through Envato. Sign up for a subscription to download the necessary graphics.
This infographic Instagram template is ready for use, and you can edit it in Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. The graphics are high-resolution, giving you the results you need.
The shapes used on the template are vector images, meaning you can manipulate them as required. The text and color styles are also editable.
What Will You Receive?
This template comes with four slides of infographics that you can edit. Instagram lets you post as many as ten images at a time. You can add all four graphics to the same post when considering this limit.
You will receive an Adobe Illustrator and an Adobe Photoshop file. You will also get all the necessary information concerning the fonts utilized. It is up to you to determine the software that will help you best in the editing process.
2. Colourful Infographics on Instagram
Colourful Infographics on Instagram is another option for your post. You can edit the file in Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop.
Features of Colourful Infographics on Instagram
This infographic Instagram template comes with four editable graphics with layers that you can completely change. Again, the graphics are of the highest resolution, meaning you can print your designs if needed.
The fonts used are free to you, and the shapes are vector images. You can place your images and graphics on the template using the smart object features.
What Comes with the Download
When downloading this template from Envato, you will receive three files. The first gives you access to the font details.
The other two downloads you will receive include the Photoshop and Illustrator files. You can choose the program you want to use to edit the designs.
If you want to make an infographic for Instagram, add animations. You can use any of the tools listed above to achieve this effect.
Add GIFs or videos to your posts to bring a sense of storytelling to your posts. Customers enjoy movement, and the animation will draw them into your posts.
Designing Templates for Instagram
Now that you know how to make infographics for Instagram, you can further your company’s marketing campaign. Try to make the content easily readable and visually attractive so that you draw more customers to you.
Consider using a third-party tool, each of which offers built-in features and icons. You can download thee to your device, sharing them on Instagram later. Some of the tools even let you share directly to the social media platform!
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence