How to Make My Business Show Up on Google Search
If you are a business owner, you have to have an effective marketing plan. One of the best ways to promote your company is to list it on Google.
When you create a Google listing, you can link your website and add your contact details.
Customers are also free to leave reviews, which may help other individuals find your business.
Use this step-by-step guide if you want to learn how to make my business show up on Google search.
You will need to make the listing, verify your information, and manage your account to start this marketing endeavor.
What is a Google Business Profile?
It is imperative that you first understand the meaning of a Google business profile. This listing helps you connect with the public and provide contact details.
You can learn how to make my business show up on Google search to provide information about the services or products available.
Write a basic description about your brand to allow customers to get a positive first look. You can also link your website to your listing.
The Google business profile is free to use. You can manage it through the Google My Business Page, providing updates as necessary.
Why Should You Make a Google Business Profile?
There are many reasons you should learn how to get your business on Google, including those below.
1. Your Business Will Show Up on Google Maps
Your company will show up on Google maps after you create Google business page listings. Your location will appear in a list when searching the city.
2. Customers Can Review Your Business
Customer reviews are some of the most powerful tools at your marketing plan’s disposal. People trust other people more than anything else.
If your company has mostly positive reviews, it will move to the top of search results.
3. You Can Review Insights on Your Business Profile
You can view insights on your listing after you learn how to set up a Google business page.
Google will gather data about how many views your company receives and how many customers click on your profile to start.
4. Google My Business is User-Friendly and Free
It is free to learn how to make my business show up on Google search. It is also easy to use, even for beginners.
You will increase your company’s visibility in a matter of minutes.
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating and Verifying Business Profiles on Google
You can use this step-by-step guide to learn how to make my business show up on Google search.
How to Create a Business Profile
The steps required for learning how to add my business to Google are in the below section.
How to Open a Google My Business Account
The first step in learning how to get your business on Google is to create your account. You need a Google account to begin the steps below.
- Type in accounts.google.com/signin on your browser.
- Press “Create Account” under the email field.
- Click on “To Manage My Business.”
- Enter the name of your business, the website, and the appropriate contact details.
Claim Your Business
After you make your account, you will need to learn how to claim a business on Google.
You will use the below steps in Google Maps.
- In your browser, type www.google.com/maps.
- Search for the name of your business.
- If your business does not show up, press “Add a Missing Place.”
- Enter your business name, the category of your brand, and your location.
- Press “Claim this Business,” followed by “Send.”
Start Building Your Business Profile
You have to have a My Business account before learning how to claim your business on Google.
The steps below will help you build your profile.
- Log in to your Google business account, as mentioned in the first set of steps above.
- Type in www.google.com/business.
- Press “Manage Now” on the left side of the screen.
- Enter your business name in the top field.
- Provide your exact address to ensure it is accurate.
- Link your brand’s website in the appropriate field.
- Provide your phone number and email address so customers can contact you.
- Select the appropriate category for your business.
Link Your Business Profile to the Google Maps Results
The next step in learning how to make my business show up on Google search is to link the profile and the Google Maps results.
There are two methods you can use, as shown below.
Use Google Search Results
First, you can use Google search to link your profile to the Google Maps results with the steps below.
- In your browser, go to www.google.com.
- Enter your business name and city in the search bar.
- Wait for your business to show up on the right side of the screen. Press “Own this Business?”
- Sign in to the appropriate Google account and press “Manage Now.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Use Google Maps to Link Your Profile
Next, you can use Google Maps to link your profile with the list below. Again, you will need to learn how to add your business to Google Maps first for this method.
- Type in www.google.com/maps in your browser of choice.
- Sign in to your business’ Google account.
- Write your business name in the search bar.
- Click on your business’ name and wait for the profile to load.
- Press “Claim this Business.”
- Click “Manage Now” and follow the provided prompts.
Verify a Google Business Profile
Finally, it is time to verify your business profile. You will click “Manage Now” using either of the above methods. As mentioned, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts.
The on-screen prompts mentioned will help you prove that you are the business owner.
If you created the listing and have the appropriate account open, you likely will not have to do anything.
If you did not create the listing, you need to wait for a verification code. When the message shows up, type it in the given field. You can set up text alerts instead.
Google Business Profile Manager
After you learn how to make my business show up on Google search, you can learn how to manage it. You have to have owner or manager permissions to make any edits.
If you own over 100 businesses on your account, you will not have editing capabilities.
The same is true if your opening date is more than 90 days in the future.
You can update your contact details and other factual information when you manage your business profile. Add updates or photos to attract more customers. Respond to any reviews or questions you receive on your account.
How to Access Google My Business on a Browser
After you learn how to set up a Google business page, you need to know how to access it. to get to your listing and manage it on a browser, use the following information.
- In your browser, type in www.google.com/accounts and sign in.
- Search Google for your business.
- Click on “View Profile” to manage your listing.
- Press “Edit Profile” to make factual changes.
- Click “Promote” to provide updates.
- Press “Customers” to reply to comments or answer questions.
How to Access Google My Business Page on an Android
After you learn how to add your business to Google Maps, you can edit it via your Android. The steps below will help you in this process.
- Open Google Maps on your Android.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on the account icon in the top right corner.
- Press “Your Business Profile.”
- Use any of the available options.
You can also use Google search to manage and find your business listing on Android devices with the below steps.
- Sign in to your Google account in the Google Search app.
- Search “my business.”
- Click “View Profile” to start managing your company.
- Tap “Edit Profile,” “Customers,” or “Promote.”
How to Access My Google Business Listing on an iPhone
Finally, you can find and edit your business profile on your iPhone. You must be on the browser to use the below steps.
- In your mobile browser, type www.google.com/accounts. Sign in to your account.
- Search your business name.
- Choose the option labeled “View Profile.”
- Use any of the editing options that appear.
The Google Maps app is also available in the Apple App Store. To use this tool to find your listing, read the following steps.
- Download the Google Maps app from the Apple App Store.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on the account icon and press “Your Business Profile.”
- Use the editing features that show up.
How to Give Access to Google My Business Account
You can change ownership of editing rights of your listing after you learn how to make my business show up on Google search with the below steps.
- Go to www.business.google.com in your browser of choice.
- Click on “Users” after selecting the menu.
- Press “Invite New Users.”
- Type the email address of the new owner or manager you need to add.
- Press “Choose a Role,” followed by “Manager” or “Owner.”
- Click “Invite.”
- Wait for the other users to accept the invitation.
You can also remove owners or managers on your business profile, as seen below. You will need to transfer primary ownership if that is the user you want to remove.
- Go to www.business.google.com and sign in to the manager.
- Click on “Users” on the left-side menu.
- Find the person you want to remove and press “Remove.”
How to Verify Your Business Profile
Again, one of the last steps of learning how to make my business show up on Google search is to verify your ownership. The information below will help you navigate this process in more detail.
Confirm Your Standard Google Account for Your Business
The first thing you need to do to learn how to make my business show up on Google search and verify it is to create a Google account.
After you go to the Google website, click on “Create Account.” Click “To Manage My Business” and enter your preferred login details.
Confirm Your Business Profile
Next, you need to finalize your business profile. The easiest way to complete this process is to visit Google Maps.
Search the name of your company on Google Maps. If it shows up, follow the prompts that show on the screen.
If your business does not show up, press “Add a Missing Place.” Enter contact details, choose the category, and type the name of your company.
Create a Google My Business Account
You need to have a Google My Business account to manage your business profile. You will need to log in to the standard Google account to begin.
In your browser, type www.google.com/business. When you arrive to the screen, click “Manage Now” to follow the on-screen instructions.
After the page loads, you will need to enter your business’ name and category. Finally, provide identifying information, including your address, phone number, and website.
After you claim your profile, you will see more fields on the manager website. You can type a description of your company, provide keywords, and respond to customers.
Claim Your Business Profile
To learn how to claim a business on Google, you will link your My Business account to the company profile. You can use the Google search bar or Google Maps for this process.
Type in the name of your company in the provided field. Click on the “Own This Business?” option on Google search or “Claim this Business” in Google Maps.
Next, you will need to follow the managing steps aforementioned. Make sure you are in the appropriate Google account. Enter the name of your company and any other identifying details requested.
Verify the Ownership of Your Business
Finally, you can verify the ownership of your business. After providing the information in the previous step, you may receive a code.
You will get the code to your email address or phone number. Enter it in the appropriate field to confirm that you are the owner of the company.
How to Set Up Questions and Answers on Your Google Business Profile
One of the primary goals of your Google Business Profile should be to increase interaction with customers. One method you can use is to create questions and answers page, as seen in the below steps.
- On your browser, go to www.google.com/accounts and log in to your business’ account.
- Type the name of your business in the Google search bar.
- Click on “Ask a Question.”
- Type your question in the provided field and press “Post” when you finish.
- Repeat steps three and four as many times as needed.
- Log in to the Google account that has admin access for your business.
- Type the name of your business in the Google search bar.
- Press “See All Questions.”
- Look for any unanswered questions, pressing “Answer” next to them.
- Type an answer and press “Post” when you finish.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Business Profile on Google?
You can create Google business page information for free. You can manage your listing through Google search and Google Maps.
You can download the Google My Business app after you make your listing. This software will let you manage your profile through the My Business site, Google search, or Google Maps.
How Do I Get My Business to Come Up on Google?
If you want to learn how to add my business to Google, make a listing. Get it verified, add your contact information, and provide a link to your website.
Go to the Google My Business page to start creating your listing. Type your company’s name, choose the category, and provide the contact details.
How to Add a Business Location on Google Maps?
Go to the Google Maps website to claim your business on Google Maps. Enter your address and press “Add Your Business.”
You can also press “Add Your Business” in the menu. Finally, right-click anywhere on the map, selecting the same button when the option shows up.
Add and Claim a Business Profile on Google
You should now know how to make my business show up on Google search. After you claim ownership of the company, you can make edits and interact with your customers.
To make your business show up, you will need a Google account for your company. Make sure to create a Google Business profile. Find the company on Google Maps, claiming it after.
Verify your account after you link your profile to Google Maps. Enter the code in the provided space to begin making edits as necessary.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence