How to Merge Voice Memos
If you have a smartphone or a computer, you can easily create a voice memo. These recordings help you create a speech, remember information, or keep records.
Sometimes, everything you need to say will not fit into one recording. If this happens, you can combine these voice memos.
To learn how to merge voice memos on your computer or smartphone, use this step-by-step guide.
You will even find some third-party apps you can download to perform more advanced editing.
How to Merge Voice Memos | Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide
If you want to learn how to merge voice memos on several types of devices, use the information below.
How to Combine Multiple Voice Memos on an iPhone
You can learn to merge voice memos on iPhone devices by using a couple of built-in tools.
This process works by making multiple recordings in the Voice Memos app, after adding them to iMovie.
To merge voice memos on iPhone devices, use the below steps.
1. Tap on the recordings you want to share to iMovie in the Voice Memos app.
2. Click on the three dots to open the menu.
3. Tap “Share,” followed by “iMovie.”
4. Press the plus sign to start a new project.
5. Repeat steps one to three.
6. Click on the media you started to create in step four.
7. Export the file to your device.
How to Combine Multiple Voice Memos on an Android
If you want to learn how to merge voice memos on Android, you will need to download a third-party app.
There is built-in recording software on every Android, and you can save these files to your smartphone after.
To learn how to start a voice memo on your Android, follow the below steps.
1. Open the list of your apps by swiping up on your Android’s screen.
2. Look for the app labeled “Voice Recorder” or something similar.
3. Click on the red circle to start a recording.
4. Press “Pause” to temporarily stop the recording.
5. Click the gray square to stop the recording.
6. Give the recording a title and press “Save.”
How to Combine Multiple Voice Memos on a Mac
You can also learn how to merge voice recordings on your Mac. You will use the Voice Memos and iMovie apps again for this process.
The required steps are in the information below.
1. Open the Voice Memos app on your Mac.
2. Click on the record button to start a new memo.
3. Press “Done” on the bottom right when you finish your recording.
4. Open iMovie on your Mac.
5. You can click “Create New” after opening iMovie.
6. Drag and drop your voice memo to iMovie.
7. Reposition the memos to where you want them on the timeline.
8. Click on the “Share” menu.
9. Under “Export Options,” press “File.”
10. Adjust the format and resolution as necessary and press “Export.”
How to Combine Multiple Voice Memos on a Windows PC
If you want to learn how to edit voice memos together on a Windows PC computer, you can use Audition.
Audition is a third-party app that you will need to pay for with Adobe.
You will need to use Voice Recorder, which comes with Windows 10, to create your recording.
Create the Recording
The steps for creating the recording in Voice Recorder are below.
- Open the Voice Recorder app on your computer.
- Click on the blue record button to start your memo.
- Press the record button again to stop.
Combine the Files
To combine the voice memos on your PC, continue reading.
- Open the Voice Recorder app and look for the list of memos on the left side of the screen.
- Right-click on the first recording you want to include.
- Click “Open File Location.”
- Select the files you want to merge when File Explorer opens.
- Copy the voice memos and paste them into a new folder. Make sure they are in order.
- Open Audition and combine the files.
How to Combine Voice Memos Online
You can use several websites to learn how to combine voice memos online. Most of these options are free and secure.
- On your browser, type in www.clideo.com/merge-audio.
- Click “Choose File.”
- Add all of your voice memos at once.
- Open the Preview section and listen to your recordings.
- Drag and drop the thumbnails of your recording to order them appropriately.
- If you need to delete a track, click on it and press the “X.”
- To avoid awkward silence, press “Crossfade.”
- Click “Export” to finalize the combination process.
- Click “Download” to save the recording to your device.
Alternative Tools to combine voice memos
You can use several third-party tools to learn how to merge voice recordings on your computer or smartphone.
Some of the options below are only for desktops, while others are for iPhones or Androids.
Some of these tools are free, while others require a subscription, such as Adobe Audition. Most are easy to learn, and you will get your voice recordings quickly.
Learn about some of the best third-party tools below.
1. Adobe Audition
Adobe Audition is one of the apps that you will need to pay for to use. It is best on desktop computers, as mentioned above. You can download it for PCs or Macs.
You do not have to only combine voice memos in Audio Audition. You can also insert music and any other audio files.
Combine Files on Audio Audition
Audition was originally for media conversion, but it is much more expansive than it once was.
You can learn how to combine voice memos or other audio files in Adobe Audition with the steps below.
- Download and pay for Adobe Audition with the provided link.
- Click on the “File” menu, followed by “Open.”
- Choose the first audio file you want to include.
- Click on the “File” menu again.
- Press “Open Append,” followed by “To Current.”
- Choose the second audio file you want to include in your recording.
- Repeat steps two through six if you want to include more recordings.
- Place the audio files in order.
- Click on “File,” followed by “Save.”
- Choose the location, format, and name of your audio.
2. Voice Recorder HD - Recording
Voice Recorder HD – Recording is available on Android and Apple devices.
You can even record your audio right in the app.
After you record your audio, you can preview it to ensure you are happy with the results.
After, you can perform editing with the pitch and length of your recording.
Other editing tools you can use include trimming, merging, splitting, and mixing. Finally, you can sync recordings via iCloud if needed.
Combine Your Files
To learn how to combine audio files in this app on an iPhone, use the steps below. They are very similar if you want to use an Android.
- Open the Voice Memos app on your iPhone.
- Find the first file you want to combine.
- Swipe left on the recording.
- Click “More Actions.”
- Swipe up until you see the option labeled “Recorder.”
- Repeat steps two through five.
- Tap on “Edit.”
- Select the recordings you want to combine.
- Click on “Waveform,” followed by “Merge.”
- Fix the order of the recordings.
- Click “Merge.”
- Export your recordings.
Audacity is one of the most famous audio editors available for desktop computers. You will appreciate the professional editing tools that come with this software.
On the timeline graph, you will see the waveforms, allowing you to keep or delete specific portions.
There is a recorder built-in to the app so that you can add additional voice memos.
Audacity lets you remove excess noise that is on your voice memos so that it sounds more professional.
You can easily change the tempo and speed of any recording you insert, giving it the effects you need.
Combine Voice Memos in Audacity
To learn how to merge voice memos in Audacity, use the below steps.
- Download Audacity from the provided link. It is only available on Windows computers.
- Drag and drop your voice memos on top of each other in the timeline.
- Rearrange the audio recordings in the order you need them.
- Click on the “File” menu.
- Press “Export,” and choose the option for the format you want to keep.
- Click “Export” again to finalize the process.
4. Advanced Audio Recorder
Advanced Audio Recorder has another name, Audio Recorder and Editor. This software is free to download on Android phones, but there are in-app purchases available. If you need some of the premium editing features, you can pay extra.
Some of the additional editing features you can use in this app include trimming and cropping capabilities.
You can also convert your files to new formats, including WAV or PCM.
You can also adjust the pitch and speed of your audio recordings. Add an echo to your voice memo for a modern effect.
Combining the Files
If you want to learn how to merge voice recordings using Advanced Audio Recorder, refer to the below steps.
- Download Advanced Audio Recorder from the Google Play Store.
- Start a new project.
- Upload your files to the app.
- Place your voice memos in the appropriate place on the timeline.
- Perform any editing as necessary, including adjusting the pitch, changing the speed, and adjusting the tempo.
- Press the download button to download the recording.
Combine Voice Memos on Your Devices
This article helped you learn how to merge voice memos on several types of devices. You can complete this process on a PC, Mac, iPhone, or Android. Each of these devices requires a different process.
If you have a Mac or an iPhone, you can use iMovie. If you have an Android or Mac, you will likely have to download a third-party app to combine your files.
There are also video editing websites available, including Clideo, that help you combine your audio files. In no time, you will have a comprehensive audio recording.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence