How to Print Labels From Google Sheets
Google Sheets is one of the best free software programs you can use to create spreadsheets. You can build mailing lists, labels, and other data-based documents within this tool.
Google Sheets lets you install add-ons to give you even more features. Download a label maker made by Avery, for example, to print your mailing lists with ease. Attach these labels right to your envelopes to save you time.
You can learn how to print labels from Google Sheets with the step-by-step guide below. The process is easy enough for any user!
Step-by-Step Guide to Create Labels in Google Sheets
This step-by-step guide is available to help you learn how to print labels from Google Sheets.
Incorporate Add-Ons into Your Google Sheets Account
If you want to learn how to print labels from Google Sheets, you need to install an add-on app. This process is available on the Google Sheets app on your Android and the desktop edition of the platform. You can not install add-ons on Google Sheets on your iPhone.
Use a Desktop Computer
To install add-ons on Google Sheets to learn how to print address labels on your computer, use the steps below.
1. On your browser, go to docs.google.com/spreadsheets.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Select “Blank” to start a new document.
4. Press “Extensions,” followed by “Add-ons.”
5. Click “Get Add-ons.”
6. Find the extension you want to install on your Google Sheets document.
7. Press “Install,” followed by “Continue.”
8. Read through the permissions and press “Allow.” Finish by saying “Done.”
Use your Android
You can learn how to print labels from Google Sheets on your Android by reading the below information.
- Download the Google Sheets app from the Google Play Store.
- Sign in to your Google account and open a blank document.
- Tap the more icon. It resembles three vertical dots.
- Press “Add-ons,” followed by “Get Add-ons.”
- Choose the option you want to use and press “Install.”
- Tap “Allow.”
- Re-open the Google Sheets app to use the add-on.
A Simple Formula to Use to Create Labels in Google Sheets
The label clause is the easiest formula to use to change headers and other information on your labels. You will use the query function to access this feature.
Incorporate a Single Label Clause
Use the single label clause if you only have one change to make. You will enter “label column_id label_string” in the formula bar. Click on the cell you need to adjust first.
Replace the section labeled “column_id” with the letter or the range you need to change. Change the portion called “label_string” to assign an appropriate identification to the column.
Incorporate Multiple Label Clauses
If you need to make several changes, you will use multiple label clauses. Enter “label column_id label_string [,column_id label_string] in the formula bar.
You will specify the column you need to change in every section labeled “column_id.” Every time you see “label_string,” type the correct information.
Print Labels from Google Sheets
Before learning how to print labels from Google Sheets, you have to know the best print settings. Pay attention to paper size, type, and scaling.
Start Printing the Labels
Before adjusting print settings, you need to learn how to start the printing process. You can use your computer, Android, or iPhone.
Print Labels from Google Sheets on Your Computer
Look at the below steps to print address labels from Google Sheets on your computer.
1. Go to docs.google.com/spreadsheets.
2. Log in to your account and open the appropriate spreadsheet.
3. Click on the “File” menu.
4. Press “Print.”
5. If you do not want to print the entire sheet, select the appropriate cells. You will press “Selected Cells.”
6. Press “Next.”
7. Click “Print” in the pop-up window.
Print Labels from Google Sheets on Your Android
You will need to download the Google Sheets app on your Android to print from it with the steps below.
- Open the Google Sheets app and select the appropriate document.
- Tap the more icon.
- Press “Share & Export,” followed by “Print.”
- Adjust the settings to your liking.
- Choose the printer using the on-screen instructions.
- Press “Print.”
Print Labels from the iPhone version of Google Sheets
Download the Google Sheets app from the Apple App Store to use the below steps.
- Open the Google Sheets app on your iPhone.
- Choose the spreadsheet you need to print and press the more icon. It resembles three horizontal dots.
- Press “Share & Export,” followed by “Print.”
- Choose the printer and the settings you want to choose.
- Tap “Print.”
Choose the Best Printer Settings
You will need to purchase labels before printing them. Make sure they will fit the printer.
When choosing a paper size, match the length and width of the labels. Adjust the “paper type” setting to “labels” to get the best results.
Finally, keep your page scaling at 100%. You do not want to select the “fit to the page” option, as the labels will face misalignment.
Third-Party Tools To Help You Print Labels from Google Sheets
The third-party tools are available as add-ons when learning how to print labels from Google Sheets. Continue reading below to learn how to use each of the products.
1. Print Labels Using Labelmaker
You can use the mailing label format in Google Sheets with a third-party tool like Labelmaker. This section will help you use this software effectively.
The first step in learning to create mailing labels from Google Sheets with Labelmaker is to download the extension with the below steps.
1. Open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
2. Access the “Extensions” or “Add-ons” menu using the steps listed at the beginning of this article.
3. Choose the option labeled “Create & Print Labels.”
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to download this software.
5. Closeout of your spreadsheet and reload it.
Choose a Labelmaker Template
You must use a template after installing a template, as seen below.
1. Wait for the Labelmaker sidebar to open.
2. Press “Select a Template.”
3. Choose the type of label that fits your needs.
4. Press “Use.”
In the “Label Content” section, enter all of your information surrounded by arrows on each side.
The next step is to press “Create Labels.” Every row that shows up will represent a single label. Use this method for a mailing list also!
Open the Document and Start Printing
After you prepare your spreadsheet for your labels, you can open the document. If everything looks correct, start printing! The steps below will help you in more detail.
1. Click on “Open Document” in the Labelmaker sidebar.
2. Make any necessary edits in the sidebar.
3. Tap “Create Labels” when you are ready again.
4. Click on the “File” menu.
5. Press “Print.”
6. Keep the margin at “none” and the scale at “100%.”
7. Click “Print” again.
2. Print Labels with Avery Label Merge
Avery Label Merge is another third-party extension you can use to create mailing labels from Google Sheets. There are several steps involved in using this add-on, as seen below.
Install the Avery Label Merge Extension
First, you need to install the Avery Label Merge extension. The steps below will help with this process.
1. Open the “Get Add-ons” menu using the information at the top of this article.
2. Enter “Avery Label Merge” in the search bar. Press “Enter” on your keyboard..
3. Click the “Create and Print Labels” option with the Avery logo.
4. Press “Continue” and log in to your account again. Give the extension permissions to operate
Create Your Spreadsheet
After you install the extension, you have to create your spreadsheet for the labels with the below information.
- Open a spreadsheet on Google Sheets.
- Open the “Add-ons” menu at the top of the page.
- Press “Label Merge.”
- Click “New Merge.”
- Choose the “Address Labels” option.
- Select the sheet size.
- Select the data you want to include in the “Add Merge Field to Label” section.
- Press “Add.”
- Set all of your margins to “0,” and choose the appropriate page size.
- Click “Merge.”
Print Your Labels
After you create and merge your labels, it is time to print them. The steps below will help you better understand this process.
- Click the print icon on the toolbar. You can also press “File,” followed by “Print.”
- Choose your printer.
- Check the page size and keep the scale at 100%.
- Press “Print.”
You could learn to make labels that contain QR codes on Google sheets. These barcodes link to websites, tickets, and coupons.
When opening a new spreadsheet in Google Sheets, create two columns. The first should be for text or URLs, and the second for the correlating code.
There is a specific formula you can use to generate a QR code. Copy and paste
chart?chs=150×150&cht=qr&chl=” & A2)
Into the first cell on the second column.
A heat map helps to provide you with a better visual analysis of your data. Choose all of the cells you want to include in the graphic.
After selecting your cells, open the “Format” tab. Press “Conditional Formatting,” followed by “Add New Rule.”
You will select the “Color Scale” option in the “New Rules” section. Pick out the gradient you want for your heat map, and press “Done.”
Print Labels from Google Sheets
You should know how to print labels from Google Sheets now. Unfortunately, Google Sheets does not have any built-in tools for printing labels. There are free third-party extensions readily available.
You can access these third-party tools by opening the “Add-ons” or “Extensions” menu. Search for “Labelmaker” or “Avery Label Merge.”
You can make and print labels with ease after installing the third-party tool. Adjust the settings and add new information.
When printing, always keep your scale at 100%. Keep your margins at zero when adjusting print settings. If you do not follow these tips, you will have a misaligned document.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence