How to Print Poster Size in PDF
A PDF is a format for documents that saves your files in the highest quality. When you share a PDF, they cannot edit it, though it is downloadable. You can also learn to print the document in any size you need, including a poster if you need a large display.
Posters are useful for classrooms, presentations, and any other space where you need a visual resource. They can add a graphic to give your information a visual reference. Thankfully, you can learn how to print poster size in PDF by using the information provided to you below.
When trying to be productive, you may fall off task easily. One of the best ways to keep yourself on track is to write that information down. You can use a physical pad of paper to jot down your thoughts or consider typing your to-do list on the computer, printing it out after.
Print a PDF for Poster Size on Adobe Acrobat 10
The standard software used to open PDFs is Adobe Acrobat. You will need to split the document over several pieces of paper, gluing them together at the end.
Adobe Acrobat will use its “tiling” software to determine how many sheets are necessary for the poster. You will make adjustments for the overlap available, and you do need Adobe Acrobat 10 or after to use the below steps on a desktop computer.
1. Double-click on the PDF file on your computer to open Adobe Acrobat.
2. Click on the “File” menu, and press “print.”
3. A page scaling pop-up menu will show up. Look for the option labeled “Poster” and click it.
4. Press “Tile Large Pages” if you only want to adjust the pages that are larger than the standard paper size.
5. Press “Tile All Pages” if you want to use every page for your poster.
6. Click “Ok” to print your document.
There are troubleshooting steps if the tiling options do not show up when learning how to print poster size in PDF on Adobe Acrobat 10. When the pop-up shows up, uncheck the box for “Print as Image.” You should also deselect the box next to “Acrobat Only.” Again, Adobe Acrobat 9 does not support these tiling options.
When learning how to print poster size on a home printer using Adobe Acrobat 10, there are several adjustments you can make before pressing “Ok.” Learn more about those in the list below.
- Tile Scale: You can scale the pages by adjusting the percentages.
- Overlap: You can adjust how much each page overlaps.
- Cut Marks: You can add guides to help you know where you need to cut.
- Labels: You can add a page number to each paper to help you know how they fit together.
Print a Poster-Sized PDF from Adobe Acrobat 9 or Earlier
The steps are similar for when you want to learn how to print poster size in PDF on Adobe Acrobat 9 and earlier. You will need to print multiple documents, gluing them together after as with Adobe Acrobat 10. Start with the steps below to get started.
- If you have Adobe Acrobat 9 on your computer, double-click on the PDF to open it in the software.
- Click on the “File” menu.
- Press “Print.”
- Choose the appropriate printer under the “Name” dropdown menu.
- Press “All” in the “Print Range” dropdown menu.
- Choose one copy under “Copies” in the “Page Handling” section.
- Again, in the “Page Handling” section, choose “Tile Large Pages” to split only the large papers. Press “Tile All Pages” to divide each sheet into smaller pieces.
- Press “Ok.”
Additional Page Setup Options in Adobe Acrobat 9
When learning how to print poster size in PDF on Adobe Acrobat 9, there are additional page setup options you may want to consider. Learn more about those in the list below.
- Page Scaling: Page scaling lets you shrink documents to printable sections or put multiple sheets on one page.
- Booklet Printing: If you want to create a booklet rather than a poster, this option is for you.
- Auto-Rotate/Center: These options will center your graphics on the poster and will remove any crookedness.
- Print Color as Black: Choose this adjustment if you want your poster to be black and white.
- Print to File: Finally, if you want a PostScript copy, choose this option.
Print Only a Portion of Your Page for the Poster
Finally, when learning how to print poster size in PDF on Adobe Acrobat 9, you can choose to include only small portions of your pile. Use the steps below to begin.
- Double-click on the PDF to open it in Adobe Acrobat 9.
- Find the portion of the document that is the location of the section you want to include.
- Click on the “Tools” menu. Press “Select & Zoom.”
- Choose the “Snapshot Tool.”
- Click and drag with your cursor to choose the section you want to include.
- Release the mouse and wait for the pop-up to show up.
- Press “Ok.”
- Click on the “File” menu.
- Use the steps above for printing the PDF document in poster size.
You can try making goals to keep yourself productive, writing them down on the papers aforementioned. You can add your objectives for the next day at the end of the previous night. End each week jotting down long-term gains that you want to make throughout the next seven days.
Print Custom Sizes in Adobe Acrobat 10
You can learn how to print 24X36 PDF files using Adobe Acrobat 10, as well as any other custom sizes. You can make adjustments with your printer’s settings or with Adobe Acrobat itself.
Print Custom Sizes by Adjusting Your Printer Sizes
You can learn how to print 24X36 PDF files by adjusting your printer settings. These steps will work for creating a poster or document of any size. You only need to have the correct size of paper available.
1. Right-click on the printer icon on your computer.
2. Choose the “Printer Preferences” tab.
3. Press on the “Layout” section, and choose “Advanced.”
4. Click on the “Paper Size” section, and choose the “PostScript Custom Page Size” option.
5. Adjust the settings to the size of the document you need to create.
6. Use the other steps above to print your PDF document.
Scale Your PDF Documents in Adobe Acrobat 10
You can learn how to print 24X36 PDF documents using the scale settings that are available in Adobe Acrobat 10. If you use Adobe Acrobat 9 or earlier, you will need to use the given presents. Use the steps below to scale your document if you want to create one with custom sizes.
1. Double-click on your PDF document to open Adobe Acrobat 10.
2. Click on the “File” menu and press “Print.”
3. Select the “Page Scaling” option to open the pop-up menu.
4. Press “Tile All Pages.”
5. In the “Tile Scale” field, enter the percentage by which you want to resize your document.
6. Click on another option to preview your document.
7. Press “Print.”
Remember, if the tiling settings are not available, you need to go to the “Advanced Print” menu. Deselect the option labeled “Print as Image.”
Try to pick out moments throughout the day for you to focus on the work you need to complete. Set a timer to work on your tasks until the alarm sounds. Take a break for 10 or 15 minutes as soon as you complete that time slot.
Third-Party Applications for Printing a PDF in Poster Size
There are a couple of third-party apps available to help you learn how to print poster size in PDF. At least one of these is helpful for printing poster-sized PDFs from your mobile device too.
EaseUS PDF Editor
EaseUS PDF Editor is only available on Windows computers. You can easily print your PDFS in poster size after downloading the tool. Learn how to use it by reading the steps below.
1. Download EaseUS PDF Editor and open it.
2. Click on “Open Files” and choose the PDF you need to print.
3. Click on the “File” menu, and press “Print.”
4. In the dropdown menu next to “Printer,” choose the appropriate device.
5. Choose “All” under “Pages to Print.”
6. Under “Page Sizing & Handling,” choose “Poster.”
7. Click on “Print.”
Print to Size
The Print to Size mobile app is available only on Apple iPhones. It lets you adjust the size of your PDF documents by inches or centimeters, depending on the metric you prefer to use. You have to connect your printer to your mobile device and only have to press “print” when finishing resizing your PDFs.
Settings are available that let you select the exact parts of your document you want to include on the poster. You can also make color adjustments, including changing the lightness and darkness. Finally, you can print multiple posters simultaneously to make the process less tedious.
Sometimes, people put off their tasks because of their difficulties. Try to get done the most comprehensive items first. This process will ensure you have the motivation to complete every other thing you need to do during the day.
Print a PDF in Poster Size
You may feel overwhelmed if you need to learn how to print poster size in PDF. Thankfully, Adobe Acrobat makes the process simple, especially in the newest version. All you have to use is the tiling features present in the print settings.
There are additional print settings you can choose from on Adobe Acrobat 9 and 10. These allow you to manually adjust the scale of the poster, change it to black and white only, or center it. Adobe makes the process fun for anyone.
There are a couple of third-party apps you may want to consider. These are available for Windows computers or Apple iPhones. Quickly choose a poster for the size. You can also select the inches for the dimensions of your document. They are free to download from the web or Apple App Store.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence