How to Record a Wav File on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, you may already know how powerful your device is. These phones are capable of so much, and many professionals use them for several tasks.
Reporters may use the recording features on iPhones to capture the latest interviews and stories. Lawyers might use the same for creating an audio clip of witness testimonies or a deposition.
No matter the reasoning, you want to save the highest-quality recording possible. This article will help you learn how to record a WAV file on iPhone devices. This format is one of the largest, but it offers some of the highest-quality results.
How to Record a WAV File on iPhone - The Ultimate Step by Step Guide
This step-by-step guide is here to help you learn how to record a WAV file on iPhone devices. Most of the time, the best solution for you is to use third-party software, many of which are available for free on the Apple App Store.
What is a WAV File Format?
You need to know more about the WAV format if you want to learn how to record a WAV file on iPhone devices. WAV stands for Waveform Audio File. It will store any of your audio with a different sampling rate.
WAV files were the standard for CDs. They are quite large when compared to MP3s, which is why CDs could only hold so many songs.
WAV files have one chunk of audio, comprised of two sub-chunks. The “FMT” defines the format used, and the “Data” contains the actual recordings.
How Should You Position an iPhone to Receive the Highest Quality Recording?
When learning to record sound on iPhone devices, you have to create the highest-quality audio possible. You want to have a clear lecture, for instance, if you need to study for an exam. You also likely want others to feel impressed by the music that you create.
The best way to achieve the highest-quality audio is to keep your phone close to the subject. Point the microphone towards their mouths. The further away you are, the more blurred the audio will become.
It is best to use an external microphone. These devices will catch every nuance, giving you the crispest audio possible.
How to Create WAV Files Using Voice Memos
Unfortunately, it is impossible to record WAV file on iPhone devices using Voice Memos. This built-in software will only save your recordings in MP4 format. You will have to use a third-party app to convert the file to a WAV format.
When you open the Voice Memos app, you will need to press the record icon. After you record sound on iPhone microphones, you will need to download it. Press “Save to Files” after the new audio shows up in your list.
After you download the audio, you can upload it to third-party software. Use an app like “AVR,” using the Edit options to adjust the file format.
Third-Party Software Solutions
You can find a WAV file recorder that will suit your needs in the list below. It contains some of the best third-party tools that are available to you on iPhones.
AVR X - Voice Recorder
AVR X – Voice Recorder is the full name of the AVR app mentioned above. This tool will help you learn how to record a WAV file on iPhone devices, and you can convert any pre-recorded audio. It has an attractive interface that will keep you focused on the task in front of you.
AVR X – Voice Recorder allows you to record as much audio as you need to as it has unlimited functionality. You can monitor the recording status at any time so that you can see how long and clear the audio is.
Learn how to use AVR X – Voice Recorder below.
- Download AVR X – Voice Recorder from the Apple App Store.
- Open the app and tap on the red circular button to start a recording.
- Tap on the red stop button when you finish.
- Wait for the editing screen to load.
- Change the name of your file if necessary, and play it back to ensure you are happy with the results.
- Next to the appropriate file, tap on the download icon. It resembles an up arrow in a box.
- Choose the folder where you want to save your file.
- Press download.
HT Professional Recorder
HT Professional Recorder is one of the best tools that are available for business people and students. You can record unlimited amounts of audio, and you will only achieve the highest-quality results.
HT Professional Recorder offers several advanced editing features so that you can achieve a complete result. Combine multiple audio files if necessary, for instance.
You can also add bookmarks on the locations of important audio in your recording. You will know the portions that you need to keep when downloading using this WAV file recorder.
The steps below will help you learn how to use HT Professional Recorder.
1. Download HT Professional Recorder from the Apple App Store.
2. Tap on the “New” button to start a new file.
3. Tap “Rec” to start a new recording.
4. Press the orange “Stop” button when you finish recording.
5. Click on the “Library” button to get to your audio recordings.
6. Select the audio you want to download and tap “Menu.”
7. Change the file format of your recording to WAV.
8. Email the audio to yourself or send it to your Dropbox or another cloud server.
AudioShare is unique in that you can learn to record WAV file on iPhone devices, and you can add background music to it. This software is best for musicians and other songwriters who want to get creative.
After you record your music, you can trim it back to cut out any parts you do not need. There are additional editing features that let you add effects and distortions to your sounds.
Do note that AudioShare is $3.99 on the Apple App Store. You will need to pay to download and use this software with the steps below.
- Download AudioShare from the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on the red record icon.
- AudioShare will automatically start the file in WAV format.
- Tap the stop icon when you finish recording.
- Press the download icon to save the file to your device. The email icon will let you send a message. Finally, the cloud icon will let you save the clip to a cloud server.
- Make any necessary adjustments by moving the audio bars.
- Tap “Save.”
Rev Voice Recorder
Rev Voice Recorder is likely the best way to record WAV file on iPhone devices. This comprehensive app is top of the line, and you can do nearly anything you want to with your clips.
Rev Voice Recorder is free to use, and you can get transcripts of your audio for a low cost. Tap “Save and Transcribe” to send your clips off to a real human for a text file. After, you will receive your results.
To use Rev Voice Recorder, you can access the below steps.
1. Download the Rev Voice Recorder app from the Apple App Store.
2. Tap on the record option.
3. When you finish recording, tap “Pause.”
4. Playback the audio clip to ensure you are happy with the results.
5. Tap “Save” when you are ready to move forward.
6. Rename your audio, and tap “Save” again. If you want a transcription, tap “Save and Transcribe.”
7. Under the list of Recordings, choose the one you just created.
8. Tap “View” to download the audio to your device.
Multi-Track Song Recorder
Multi-Track Song Recorder is unique in that you can record four different sounds at the same time. Loop these on top of one another to create the perfect song or dramatic effect.
After you create all of your audio recordings using this WAV file recorder, you can choose to save them separately or keep them together. You can then share the music or clips with your friends and loved ones.
Overall, Multi-Track Song Recorder is extremely easy to use. It is free to download from the Apple App Store, and you will appreciate the ease of access.
Use the steps below to start with the app.
- Download Multi-Track Song Recorder from the Apple App Store.
- Tap on the record icon to start a new recording.
- If you want to add more audio clips, continue tapping on the record option.
- To change the format of your clips, click on the gear icon next to them. Under file format, tap “WAV.”
- When you finish, press “Preview.”
- If you are satisfied with your audio, tap “Done.”
- After you press “Done,” you can download your music so that you can share it with friends.
Record Audio in WAV Format on Your iPhone
When learning how to record a WAV file on iPhone devices, you have to use a third-party app. Even if you use Voice Memos, you have to convert the MP4 on another tool.
Some of the best third-party tools let you adjust the length of your audio clips, trimming out unnecessary pieces. They will let you save your WAV files to the cloud or your device. Each has its benefits, so be sure to try them out yourself!
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence