How to Record an Mp3 File on iPhone
Voice and audio recordings are a necessity in the modern world. Reporters need to capture the latest statements to develop the biggest stories. Students need to record lessons to help them study for exams.
An MP3 format is one of the best ways to save these recordings, no matter the reason behind them. Thankfully, you can learn how to record an MP3 file on iPhone devices in this article. You will have to use third-party software to begin.
Record Sound in MP3 Format on iPhone - The Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide
This step-by-step guide will help you better understand how to record an MP3 file on iPhone devices. You can use the built-in app called Recorder or several third-party apps. Each of the options is in detail below.
What is an MP3 File Format?
Before you learn how to record an MP3 file on iPhone devices, you have to know more about this format. Typically, MP3s are significantly smaller than other options. MP3s first came out in 1993.
MP3 files are the most compatible with other devices if you need to transfer the audio. Sometimes, the sound quality is not as high as with other formats, like the AAC.
More specifically, Moving Pictures Experts Group, otherwise known as MPEG, uses Layer 3 compression options to create an MP3 file. Compatible audio files include songs and other music, podcasts, lectures, audiobooks, and more.
How to Position Your iPhone to Get the Best Recording
To learn how to record an MP3 file on iPhone devices, you have to understand how to position your smartphone. Most obviously, you need to bring your phone as close to the subject as possible. The sound will be much clearer.
If your budget allows, purchase an external microphone. These devices pick up every sound, ensuring that your audio will remain clear. You want to pick up all of the nuances.
Finally, you need to keep your iPhone on mute. You do not want to pick up any sounds that your device may make. You should also place it on airplane mode so that you do not receive any alerts.
Use the Built-in Recorder App
If you want to learn how to record an MP3 file on iPhone devices, you may wonder if you can use the Voice Memos app. Unfortunately, this software only saves your recordings in MP4 format. Thankfully, you can learn to convert any voice memo to MP3 using third-party software.
After you create a voice recording, you will need to press “Save to Files.” After, you will open a third-party app like “Documents by Readdle.” After opening the software, you will type in “https://convertio.co” to turn the MP4 into an MP3.
Third-Party MP3 File Recorder Applications
There are a few high-quality third-party applications you can use to learn how to record an MP3 file on iPhone devices. Some of the best are below.
Awesome Voice Recorder
Awesome Voice Recorder is a free app that is available on your iPhone. It allows you to record audio in MP3, WAV, or M4A formats.
Over 35 countries ranked this app as the number one business software in the Apple App Store. It has an attractive interface that you will love when using the steps below.
1. Download Awesome Voice Recorder from the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
2. Stay on the home screen of the app.
3. Click on the settings icon. It will resemble a gear on the bottom right corner.
4. Scroll and select the option labeled “Recording Options.”
5. Click on “File Format.”
6. Tap the “-” or “+” buttons until you get to MP3.
7. Return to the home screen.
8. Tap the circular button to start your recording.
9. Tap the square button to end your recording.
10. Press “Save.”
There are additional advanced settings you can access on Awesome Voice Recorder. Combine at least two audio files for a unique sound, for instance. You can also tag other users in any of your recordings, allowing for collaboration on a project.
MP3 Recorder: Voice Recorder
Some consider MP3 Recorder: Voice Recorder to be the best MP3 recorder app for iPhone devices. You can get high-quality audio recordings for lectures, voice memos, songs, and more.
To start a recording, you only have to click one button. You can switch between bitrates to enhance the quality of your audio, ranging between 128 kbps and 256 kbps. Finally, the app supports stereo, mono, and stereo channels.
You can learn how to use MP3 Recorder: Voice Recorder in the list below.
1. Download MP3 Recorder: Voice Recorder for free from the Apple App Store.
2. On the bottom of the screen, look for the microphone icon in the middle. Tap it.
3. Press the square stop button when you want to finish recording.
4. Playback your audio to ensure you are satisfied with the results.
5. Go back to the home screen.
6. Find the file you want to download.
7. Tap “Upload Files” and choose where you want to save your audio recording.
This app is compatible with several cloud storage drives. You can save your audio directly with Dropbox, Skydrive, or FTP, for instance.
Rev Voice Recorder and Memos
Rev Voice Recorder and Memos is also possible the best MP3 recorder app for iPhone devices. It is free on the Apple App Store. You can create unlimited recordings without ever having to pay a dime.
Rev Voice Recorder and Memos takes its benefits a step further as you can send in an order to have real humans transcribe your recordings. You will have to charge a per-minute rate to get your results. The team reports a 99% accuracy rate in their transcriptions.
When using Rev Voice Recorder and Memos to save audio in an MP3 file format, you can use the steps below.
- Download Rev Voice Recorder and Memos from the Apple App Store.
- Open the app and press “Record.”
- Start talking when the countdown ends.
- When you are ready to stop your recording, press “Pause” on the bottom of the screen.
- If you are happy with your recording, tap “Save.”
- Give your recording a name, and tap “Save” again.
- Under your list of recordings, choose the one you want to download.
- Download the file, selecting MP3 as the format.
You can save your files to several cloud servers when using this app. Choose between Evernote, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, and Google Drive.
Voice Record Pro
Voice Record Pro is another free app that you can download from the Apple App Store. Your audio files will save directly to your iCloud library after using this software.
Even though Voice Record Pro is free, you will have to view ads. Some individuals find these to be overwhelming, but they are worth it for a high-quality recording.
Learn how to use Voice Record Pro to save MP3 files in the list below.
1. Download Voice Record Pro from the Apple App Store.
2. Press the button labeled “Rec” on the lower-left corner.
3. When you finish your recording, tap the stop icon.
4. Wait for the processing to finalize.
5. Click on the date at the top of the page to rename your audio file.
6. Type in the new name and press the checkmark.
7. After you name your file, you will see the editing options available.
8. Click on “Convert to MP3.”
9. Press “Advanced Converter.”
10. Tap the back button to see the MP3 and old version of your file.
11. Click on the MP3 version, and press “Save to iCloud.”
12. Tap “Convert” to confirm the process.
Record Your Sounds in MP3 Format on Your iPhone
By this point, you should know how to record an MP3 file on iPhone devices. If you want to use the Voice Memos app, you will need to download converter software.
There are several third-party tools available that allow you to create MP3 audio recordings. Many of these come with editing features so that you can trim and save your file anywhere on your iPhone. You will always end up with a high-quality recording.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence