How to Reduce Price on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms available in modern times. It comes with a wide range of features, including Facebook Marketplace, which allows you to buy and sell personal products. You must attract buyers to make the money you need.
Sometimes, items may sit on Facebook Marketplace for much longer than you anticipated. Learning how to reduce price on Facebook Marketplace could help to get you the money you need faster, however.
Buyers who follow your Marketplace profile or your items will receive a notification about the price change. To learn how to lower your costs, use the methods outlined below.
You need to understand the best-selling items on Facebook Marketplace before posting. Small furniture and home decor items tend to go the quickest as they are easy to transport. Children’s toys and clothing will go next, as many parents need to budget.
Selling on Marketplace
Before you can learn how to reduce the price on Facebook Marketplace, you have to know how to sell in general. Marketplace is available on the Facebook app and website. Use each to sell your items using the methods below.
Listing an Item for Sale on the Desktop
To learn how to sell on Facebook Marketplace using the Facebook website, use the steps below.
- Open your browser of choice and type in www.facebook.com.
- Log in to your account.
- On the menu on the left side of the screen, press “Marketplace.”
- Click “Create New Listing.”
- Select the appropriate category. Options include “Item for Sale,” “Vehicle for Sale,” or “House for Sale or Rent.”
- Press “Add Photos” and upload up to 10 images.
- Enter the name of your item, the price, and any available details.
- Click “Next.”
- Enter any delivery information if you want to offer shipping. Press “Next.”
- Click “Publish.”
Sell an Item through Marketplace Using the Facebook App
It is just as easy to learn how to sell on Facebook Marketplace via the mobile app. Use the steps below to start the process.
- Download the Facebook app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the Marketplace icon at the bottom of your screen. It will be the middle tab.
- Press “Sell” at the top left of the page.
- Tap “Create New Listing” and choose the appropriate category.
- Press “Add Photos” to upload up to 10 pictures.
- Tap on the appropriate fields to enter a title, price, and description.
- Click “Next.”
- Enter in any delivery information if you want to offer shipping.
- Press “Publish.”
Shipping and Delivery
Both the website and mobile app methods mentioned the ability to offer shipping on your items. There are fees associated with this feature, however.
First, you will have to pay a selling fee of 5% for every item you ship. Consider making the buyer pay for delivery. Do understand that Facebook will need to repay you for the shipping label.
Facebook does require you to sign up for online checkout when offering delivery. The buyer will pay you directly through the social media platform, and Facebook will automatically deduct your fees.
Finally, you will need to ship the items out within the predetermined timeframe. Buyers do have the option to request a refund after receiving the product, and you will have two days to respond.
Items You Cannot Sell on Marketplace
There are specific products that Facebook prohibits you from selling, whether you want to offer shipping or keep your listings local. See some examples in the list below.
- Digital technologies
- Live animals
- Food products
- Drugs (illegal and prescription)
- Anything offensive
Reduce the Price of a Marketplace Item
Some individuals have difficulties selling their products on Marketplace, even if they post the most detailed listings. Some buyers may find that the prices of your products are too high, no matter how nice they are.
Thankfully, you can learn how to reduce price on Facebook Marketplace. Use the methods below which are specific to the mobile app and website.
Reduce the Price of an Item on the Facebook Website
It is also possible to learn how to reduce price on Facebook Marketplace using the website. Start with the below steps.
1. On the browser of your choice, type in www.facebook.com.
2. Log in to your account.
3. On the left side of the screen, look for the menu. Click on “Marketplace.”
4. Click on the “Selling” button located on the right side of the screen.
5. Find the appropriate listing that you want to edit and click on it.
6. Press “Edit Listing.”
7. Look for the field labeled “Price,” and enter a lower number.
8. Press “Next” to preview your changes.
9. Click “Publish” when finished.
The same steps provided above for editing the price of an item on Facebook Marketplace will work for any changes you need to make. You can adjust the description, photos, and title with the same methods.
Reduce the Price of an Item on the Facebook App
You can easily learn how to reduce price on Facebook Marketplace using the mobile app of the social media platform. The steps below should help you through the process.
- Download the Facebook app from iPhone’s Apple App Store or Android’s Google Play Store.
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- Click on the Marketplace tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Press “Selling.”
- Scroll down to the section labeled “Your Listings.”
- Click on the listing you want to edit.
- Press “Edit Listing.”
- Enter a lower number in the text field labeled “Price.”
- Press “Next.”
- Tap “Save” to finalize your changes.
Work with a Buyer to Reduce the Price
Some interested buyers have no problems asking if the price is negotiable. Always try to start your item at a higher cost than what you want from it for this reason.
Negotiating with Buyers on Facebook Marketplace
If you decide you are willing to negotiate the price, start with a counter offer. Many buyers want only a few dollars knocked off, so they may meet you in the middle. They do not want to insult you or your belongings!
If one buyer wants multiple listings, offer to bundle them together. You can negotiate a price for the set that is lower than paying for each. Both you and the buyer will leave happy.
After you learn the best-selling items on Facebook Marketplace, you need to write eye-catching descriptions. Include high-quality photos that show every angle of your item. Type out the measurements, brands, and conditions of any product you post on Facebook Marketplace to open trust.
Lower the Pricing of Your Marketplace Items
Sometimes, when you sell goods on Facebook Marketplace, the listings stay up for too long. You can learn how to reduce price on Facebook Marketplace to attract more buyers.
Whether you use the mobile app or Facebook website, you will visit the selling tab to edit your listings. In the “Price” field, lower the provided number.
You can also negotiate prices with buyers. Bundle specific products together, or meet them in the middle. Never take lowball offers, as you know what your products are worth.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence