How to Remove Background From Picture in Google Slides
Google Slides is a free digital tool you can use to make presentations and other graphics. It is accessible to anyone with a Google account. Any project you create will save automatically to Google Drive.
Google Slides lets you customize your presentations to your liking. You can adjust the background, add text, and insert images.
You may want to use a photo as the background of your presentation! Google Slides makes this process easy. You can also learn how to remove background from a picture in Google Slides when editing, as seen in the guide below.
How to Remove Background from a Picture in Google Slides
This guide will help you learn how to remove background from pictures in Google Slides. You can make the back of your image transparent, but you must use a third-party tool to erase it.
This article will also show you how to change the color of the background. You can also use another image in its place.
Use an Image for Your Background in Google Slides
You should know how to place an image in the back of your slide before you learn to remove the background in Google Slides. The picture has to be a GIF, JPG, or PNG file. It should also be smaller than 50 MB.
The steps required to use an image as the background in Google Slides are below.
- Go to www.slides.google.com on your computer.
- Log in to your Google account.
- Click on “Blank” to start a new presentation.
- Press one of the slides on the left side of the screen.
- Click the “Slide” menu at the top of the screen.
- Press “Change Background.”
- Click “Choose” by “Image.”
- Find the image you want to use and press “Select.”
- Press “Done” to add the image to only the selected slide. Click “Add to Theme” to put it on the entire presentation.
You can also use the “Insert” menu on Google Slides. Choose the “Image” option and resize your picture to the background.
Make an Image of Your Background on the iPhone Version of Google Slides
You can also change the background of a slide to an image in the iPhone version of Google Slides. Follow the below steps to learn more about the process.
- Download the Google Slides app in the Apple App Store.
- Open Google Slides and press the plus sign to start a new project.
- Press and hold on to the slide where you want the background.
- Tap “More…” in the top right.
- Choose “Change Background.”
- Find the image you want to use.
- Press “Apply to Theme” to use the background for the whole presentation.
You cannot upload an image as a background on an Android. Only a desktop computer or iPhone will work for this process.
How to Make an Image Background Transparent in Google Slides
This section will show you how to make an image background transparent in Google Slides instead of removing it. You can choose to keep the subject clear or make it obscured.
Follow the steps below to learn how to make an image transparent in Google Slides.
- Go to www.slides.google.com and log in to your Google account.
- Click “Blank” in the top left to start a new project.
- Press on the “Insert” menu.
- Choose “Image” to upload a picture of your choice.
- Click on the image in your slide.
- Choose “Format Options” in the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to “Adjustments” in the pop-up menu.
- Find the “Transparency” slider.
- Move the slider to the right to increase the “Transparency” of the background.
- Use the boxes surrounding the image to scale it to the size of your slide. You can use the up and down arrows on your keyboard if you prefer.
- Press the “Present” button in the toolbar to preview the slide. Press “ESC” on your keyboard to exist in presentation mode.
- Click on the image again.
- Right-click on the image and choose the “Order” option.
- Press “Send to Back” to keep your graphics and text up front. This step finalizes the process of learning how to make an image background transparent in Google Slides!
Make the Background Transparent on All Slides
You can also learn how to make an image background transparent in Google Slides for all the slides in your presentation.
Follow the above steps to make your image transparent, and position it in the background of your slide. Right-click on the picture and choose the “Select” option. Press “Theme” to apply the transparent effect to the whole presentation.
Add the Transparent Background to Blank Slides
You can add the same transparent background to the blank slides you create in your presentation. Right-click the image to begin.
Again, you will need to press the “Select” menu. Choose “Blank” to use the background on all blank slides.
Make the Background of Multiple Images Transparent in Google Slides
You can learn how to remove background from pictures in Google Slides for multiple images. The below steps help you streamline the process.
- Open Google Slides on your computer.
- Log in to your account and tap “Blank” to start a project.
- Select all of the images on your computer. Drag and drop them to a blank slide.
- Click and drag across the images you want to edit.
- Press the “Arrange” menu.
- Tap “Group.”
- Click on “Format Options.”
- Choose “Adjustments.”
- Find the “Transparency” slider and move it to the right.
- Wait for the transparency to affect all images.
- Right-click the group of images and press “Ungroup.”
- Choose any images you need to move to other slides.
- Copy and paste the images to other slides.
- Right-click each image and press “Order.” Choose the “Send to Back” option.
How to Remove Background from Image Google Slides
If you want to learn how to remove background from pictures in Google Slides, you will have to use another tool. Google Slides does not let you erase the back of your images. The below software programs will keep the subjects of your images clear.
Third-Party Online Tools to Remove Background from Image
Since you cannot remove background from images in Google Slides, there are a couple of third-party tools available online. A couple of the best options are in detail below.
The first third-party tool you can use when you want to learn to remove image background in Google Slides is Remove.bg. This software program works on mobile and desktop browsers.
Remove.bg uses artificial intelligence to remove background from an image in Google Slides. Upload your photos on the website before placing them in your presentation. Press a couple of buttons, and you will receive your edited image in a few seconds.
Remove.bg lets you keep the background transparent, or you can add a white backdrop to your image. There is also a Google Drive plugin available through Remove.bg, allowing you to seamlessly transfer your photos.
Use Remove.bg to learn how to remove the background from a picture in Google Slides by following the below steps.
- Go to www.remove.bg on your desktop or mobile browser.
- Click “Upload Image.” You can also copy and paste the URL of your image.
- Find the picture with the background you want to remove.
- Press “Upload Image” again.
- Wait for Remove.bg to automatically remove the background on your image.
- Click “Edit” to upload a background or choose one of the photo templates. You can also select a color for your pictures.
- Tap “Download.”
- Press “Download Image” to save your edited photo.
Use Photoscissors.com instead of Google Slides when wanting to learn to remove background from images in Google Slides. This software program will automatically erase the back of your pictures.
You can replace the background of your images with another photo or a solid color. Keep it transparent if you want to use the subject matter in multiple projects.
Photoscissors.com is unique in that you can remove only specific colors from the background of your images. You can also erase anything behind transparent objects in your photos.
Use Photoscissors.com to learn how to remove background from picture in Google Slides by following the below steps.
- Go to www.photoscissors.com on your desktop or mobile browser.
- Click the “Upload” button.
- Find the image with the background you want to remove. Press “Upload” again.
- Wait for photoscissors.com to automatically remove the background.
- Fine-tune the edits by marking the foreground and background. The green button represents the former. Place the red option on the background.
- Pay attention to the preview on the right half of the screen to ensure you are happy with your edits.
- Use the eraser tool to remove any leftover pieces of the background.
- Click “Save” to keep your image as a PNG.
How to Make a Transparent Background with Background Removed
After you learn how to remove the image background in Google Slides, you can make it transparent. When you upload it to your slideshow, it should automatically become invisible.
- Use one of the background remover tools listed above.
- Download your edited image.
- Go to www.slides.google.com on your browser.
- Press “Blank” to start a new presentation.
- Click on the “Insert” menu at the top of the screen.
- Tap “Upload” and choose the edited image.
- Press “Done.”
- Your image should be transparent!
How to Change the Color of the Background of an Image in Google Slides
You can change the color of your background in Google Slides. Adjust the image’s tone or the blank slide.
Change the Color of the Slide's Background
Follow the below steps to change the color of the slide in Google Slides.
- Go to www.slides.google.com on your computer.
- Press “Blank” to start a new project.
- Click on one of the slides.
- Select the “Slide” menu at the top of the screen.
- Click “Change Background.”
- Press the box by the “Color” field.
- Click “Add” by custom to add a shade. Enter a hex code to choose a pre-installed color.
- Press “Ok.”
- Tap “Done.”
- Press “Add to Theme” to apply the color to the whole presentation.
Change the Color of the Background Image
You can change the tone of the background image with the below steps.
- Go to www.slides.google.com and press “Blank” to start your project.
- Click on the “Insert” menu, followed by “Image.”
- Press the image on the slide.
- Click “Format Options.”
- Choose “Recolor,” followed by “No Recolor.”
- Select one of the color options you want to use for your image.
Remove a Background from a Picture in Google Slides
This article taught you how to remove background from pictures in Google Slides. Technically you have to use a third-party tool to erase the back of your images.
Open remove.bg or photoscissors.com on your browser to remove the background of your images. Upload the picture and wait for the process to work automatically. Download the finalized image when you are happy with the results.
Google Slides does let you make the background of your images transparent. Upload the photos first using the “Insert” menu. Click on the image in your slide to start working on it.
You will need to open the “Format Options” menu to start manipulating your image. Go to the “Adjustments” section and use the “Transparency” slider. You can also change the color of your photos under the “Recolor” tool.
Apply your effects to every slide in your document by right-clicking the image. Choose the “Select” option, followed by “Theme.”
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence