How to Retouch Photos on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, you know how well-equipped the camera is. You may take the perfect picture, later realizing that there is a blemish or that it is too dark.
This article will help you comprehend how to retouch photos on iPhone with the built-in Photos app. If you want more advanced editing abilities, you may want to consider third-party software. Learn more about all of these options in the detailed guide below.
Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide | How to Retouch Photos on iPhone
In understanding how to retouch photos on iPhone devices without using third-party software, you will need to use the Photos app. This option does have limited abilities, but learn more about its features below.
iPhone Photos App
To use the Photos app on your iPhone to retouch images, you will need to first know how to enter editing mode. Learn how by reading the below steps.
- Launch Photos on your iPhone.
- Click on the photo you need to fix.
- Press “Edit.” It is on the top right side of your phone’s screen.
After you use the steps above to start the process of learning how to retouch photos on iPhone devices, there are several editing functions. Consider the options below to begin.
Adjust the Light or Color of a Photo
When learning how to retouch photos on iPhone with the Photos app, you will want to start with adjusting light and color. Follow the information in the below list of steps to bring the perfect balance to your images.
1. Once you are in the editing menu, swipe through the effects shown on the bottommost part of your screen.
2. Move the exposure, brilliance, highlights, or shadows sliders to adjust the light.
3. Choose the saturation, temperature, and tint options to adjust the color.
4. Under each editing feature, move the slider to the left to lower the settings.
5. Move the slider to the right to increase the specific setting.
6. Press “Done” in the lower right corner.
If you retouch images by light or color, you can make automatic adjustments using the Photos app. Click on the wand icon when in editing mode.
Change the Position of a Photo
Change the position of a photo in the Photos app also. use the crop, rotate, or flip tools, and follow the below steps in descending order.
- Once in editing mode, click on the icon that resembles a box with overlapping lines. It will be the option furthest to the right.
- Select “Crop Manually” to choose the specific part of the picture worth keeping.
- Press “Crop to a Standard Preset Ratio” to select pre-determined dimensions.
- Choose “Rotate” to move the photo by 90 degrees.
- Press “Flip” to horizontally flip the photo.
- Tap “Done” in the bottom right corner after completing your edits.
Change the Perspective of a Photo
To change the perspective of a photo, you will again use a slider. Consider the provided steps found below to begin.
- In editing mode, click on the crop icon again.
- Swipe on the options under the image until you get to the perspective effects.
- Choose between “Straighten,” “Vertical,” and “Horizontal.”
- Drag the slider either way until you achieve the edit you want.
- Press “Done” on the lower right corner to finalize the edits.
Draw on a Photo
The Photos app allows you to perform fun edits with your images. Draw on your pictures or write on them by checking out the list below.
- After tapping “Edit” in the Photos app, press the pen icon.
- Choose between the different pens and colors, and write or draw directly on the photo.
- Press the plus sign to add a caption, a signature, or a shape.
- Tap “Done” in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Add a Filter
The Photos app has several filters to apply to your images. These features will automatically apply pre-determined adjustments to your pictures. Learn how to access the filters, as noted in the below information.
- Open editing mode on a photo on your iPhone.
- Click on the icon that resembles three overlapping circles to access the filters.
- Choose the filter you want to apply to your image.
- Drag the slider to change the adjustments.
- Press “Done” when you finish your selections.
Fix Marks and Blemishes
When learning how to retouch photos on iPhone software with the Photos app, you likely want to know how to remove blemishes most. The only way to perform this step is to airdrop your images to your Mac. After, use the details provided in the below list.
- Airdrop your images to your Mac.
- When the pop-up appears, press “Save to Photos.”
- Open the Photo albums on your Mac.
- Double-click on the image you need to edit.
- Press “Edit,” followed by “Adjust.”
- Look for the word “Retouch,” and click on the arrow.
- Move the size slider until you find an appropriate brush diameter.
- Put your mouse over the blemish. Click and drag over the mark.
- The blemish will no longer be on your photo.
- Airdrop the photo back to your iPhone.
Pros and Cons of Using the Photos App
When learning how to retouch photos on iPhone by using the Photos app, there are pros and cons that you need to consider. The lists below can help you determine if you need to download third-party software.
Benefits of the Photos App
The benefits of using Photos as a free photo retouch app are in the list below.
- Edit your photos anywhere via your iCloud account. If your images are on an iCloud server, access them on any other device with access to the library.
- The Photos app is free to use.
- There are several filters for you to choose from if you do not want to take the time to edit your iPhone images manually.
Limitations of the Photos App
The Photos app has its share of limitations when using it for editing. Read more of some of those cons in the list below.
- The Photos app has limited editing abilities.
- You have to airdrop your images to a Mac to remove blemishes.
Other Photo Retouch Apps
Snapseed is a free photo retouch app available on the Apple App Store. Google made this software, allowing anyone to easily edit images.
Use Snapseed to Change the Head Position on a Portrait
One of the best features available on Snapseed is the ability to change head positions in a portrait. The subtlety will help the people in your photos stand out. Learn how to use this feature with the details provided below.
1. Download Snapseed for free on your iPhone.
2. Open the app and press “Open.”
3. Choose the photo to edit.
4. Click on “Tools.”
5. Scroll down until you get to the “Head Pose” option.
6. Wait for an emoji with four arrows to show up on your screen.
7. Slide the face in the direction that you want the head to face.
8. When you finish making adjustments, click on the checkmark.
9. Save the photo to your iPhone by pressing “Export.”
Adjust the Ambiance of Your Photos on Snapseed
Snapseed is the best photo retouch app if you want to learn how to change the ambiance of your photos. Learn how in the following information.
- Open the Snapseed app and press “Open.”
- Select the photo you need to edit.
- Press on the “Tools” option.
- Click on the “Ambiance” option.
- Swipe to the right on your screen to let the feature brighten your image.
- Swipe the screen to the left to let the ambiance feature pull out light and color. it will increase contrast.
- Click on the checkmark when you finish.
- Press “Export” to save the photo.
FaceTune is the best skin smoothing app for pictures available on iPhone devices. There is a tooth whitening tool and face reshaper available on this software for $5.99 a month.
Retouch Selfies Using FaceTune2
If you want to retouch your selfies and other portraits using FaceTune2, use the following steps.
1. Download FaceTune 2 from iPhone’s App Store.
2. Open the app and choose the photo you need to retouch.
3. Press “Retouch.”
4. Tap “Auto” to smooth out the skin on your image.
5. Click on the checkmark when you finish editing.
6. Press the share icon to save the photo to your iPhone.
Reshape Your Face Using FaceTune 2
Learn how to airbrush photos on iPhone by reshaping your face using FaceTune2. Learn to sharpen your jawline and perform other edits with the below list.
- Open the FaceTune2 app.
- Choose the photo due for editing.
- Click on the “Face” section in the bottom menu.
- Choose “Jaw” or another body part that you need to reshape.
- Use the slider to refine the size of any part of your face.
- Click on the checkmark to finish the editing process.
- Tap on the share icon to save the photo.
TouchRetouch is on a list of the best retouching apps available for download on your iPhone. It is available in the App Store for 1.99. It will quickly remove any object that you do not need in your image using the “Quick Repair” tool.
Remove Objects from a Photo Using TouchRetouch
TouchRetouch easily has the best photo retouch app options available to you. Read through the below steps to remove objects from your images.
- Download the TouchRetouch app onto your device.
- Open the app and press “Albums.”
- Choose the photo you need to edit.
- Press “Quick Repair,” followed by “Quick Brush.”
- Adjust the size of the brush by pressing “Settings.” Select “Size.”
- Use two fingers on your screen to zoom in on the image.
- Brush over the blemish using your finger.
- Wait for the blemish to turn green.
- Release your finger.
- Press the export icon. It resembles an upward-facing arrow in a box.
- Click “Save as Copy.”
Remove Blemishes from Portraits Using TouchRetouch
TouchRetouch is a great smoothing app for pictures as it removes blemishes from portraits. Learn how with the information in the following steps.
- Open TouchRetouch and click on “Albums.”
- Choose the picture that needs retouching.
- Select “Quick Repair.”
- Choose the “Blemish Remover” tool.
- Zoom in on the blemish you want to remove.
- Wait for the blemish to turn green.
- Remove your finger from the screen.
- Press on the export option.
- Tap “Save as Copy.”
AirBrush could be on the list of the best retouching apps if you want to have fun with your edits. There are premium features that are available for purchase.
Slim Down People in Your Photos
To know how to airbrush photos on iPhone devices, making yourself look slimmer, use information in the following list.
- Download AirBrush directly from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Open the app and select a full-body portrait on your device.
- Click on “Reshape.”
- Press “Light.”
- Zoom in on the portion of the body that you want to slim.
- Click on the circular tool and make adjustments.
- Zoom back out on the image. Click on the orange rectangle to see a preview.
- Press the checkmark when you finish.
Adjust the Image Quality
When learning how to airbrush photos on iPhone devices, you must comprehend how to adjust the image quality. Learn how with the list provided to you below.
- Open the AirBrush app.
- Click on the photo you need to adjust.
- Press on the Settings icon found on the top right of the screen.
- Click on “Photo Settings.”
- Choose the image quality you want.
Retouch Photos on Your iPhone
If you want to learn how to retouch photos on iPhone devices, start with the Photos app. This software has basic editing abilities that let you adjust the color, apply a filter, or resize your images.
If you want to perform more advanced editing, consider a third-party app. Use FaceTune2 if you want to change the shape of your face. Consider Snapseed to adjust the head position in a portrait. The possibilities are endless!
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence