How to Reverify Spotify Student
Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services available. You can listen to your favorite tunes on the browser, mobile app, or desktop software. If you are a student, you can even get a discounted rate for premium services so that you do not have to listen to endless ads.
Your Spotify student discount will last for 12 months. After that first year is over, your subscription will automatically renew. You will automatically be on a standard premium plan, however. To learn how to reverify Spotify student accounts after that 12 months is over, continue reading the information below.
Sign Up for a Student Discount
If you had never heard of the Spotify student discount before today, you likely want to know how to get it. Signing up for these services will give you premium listening at half of the price. You have to be a current student at a college before using the below steps.
1. Go to the browser on your smartphone or computer, and type in spotify.com/us/student/
2. Press “Get Started.”
3. Log in to the account that already exists, or press “Sign Up for Spotify.”
4. After entering your login information, enter your name, college, and date of birth in the fields provided.
5. Press “Verify.”
6. Spotify will confirm you are a current student, after which, you can enter your billing details and finalize your signup.
Manually Verify that You are a Student
Sometimes, the automatic verification process does not work with Spotify. Often, you will have to upload additional information before you receive your discount. If you want to, however, you can also manually enter your college details by using the steps below.
- Go to www.spotify.com/us/student/ and press “Get Started.”
- Log in or create an account.
- After entering your college and personal details, press “Manually Verify.”
- Enter your name, college information, birthday, and phone number, and press “Next Step.”
- Press “Choose File.”
- Upload a transcript, tuition receipt, or registration form to prove your enrollment.
- Press “Open.”
- Add additional proof if you want to by pressing “Choose File” again.
- When you finish uploading documentation, press “Upload Document.”
- If verification finalizes as it should, you can enter your billing details and complete sign-up.
Renewing Your Student Discount
As mentioned, you will need to renew student Spotify accounts sometimes. This situation would occur if errors came up during the billing process or if your initial subscription ended. You can use any of the methods below to learn how to reverify Spotify student accounts.
Reverify on a Browser
One of the easiest ways to learn how to verify Spotify student accounts is to use a browser. You can navigate to the internet app on your smartphone or use the web on your computer. After, follow the steps below.
- On the browser of your choice, enter spotify.com.
- Click on the word “Profile,” then press “Account.”
- Scroll down to the details about your plan, and press “Change Plan.”
- Choose the option labeled “Premium Student.”
You will have to enter your verification documentation again, as mentioned above. Most of the time, however, Spotify will confirm this information right away.
Extend Your Student Discount Before It Expires
If you want to extend your student discount on Spotify before it expires, you can do so through the browser too. Use the steps below, which are very similar to those aforementioned.
1. In a browser, type in www.spotify.com/us/student/
2. Log in to your account, and go to your plan’s information.
3. Enter in your college’s information, your name, and your birthday.
4. Upload proof of enrollment, including transcripts, registration proof, and even an image of your school ID.
5. Access your Spotify student discount.
Reverify from Your Email
Most of the time, Spotify will send an email to the address you have on file on your account to remind you that your discount will end soon. It will usually come out at least a month before your deal ends.
Check the Date for the End of Your Discount
First, you should try to check the date of when your student discount will end as soon as you receive the email mentioned above. You can then mark it on your calendar so that you remember to extend your plan. Learn to check the date so that you can renew student Spotify accounts with ease using the steps below.
1. Go to a browser and type in www.spotify.com.
2. Log in to your account, and click on the word “Profile.”
3. Click on “Account,” then scroll until you see “Get Premium for Students.”
4. Look for the date listed in that section, setting a reminder to renew your subscription before that timeframe.
Extend Your Student Plan
The best way to extend your Spotify Student plan is via your email. You can do it manually, however, as found in the information above. Spotify will send an email right before the expiration date of your subscription, however.
1. Open your email, and look for the email from Spotify.
2. Look inside of the message, and press the button labeled “Extend Discount.”
3. Log in to your Spotify account if necessary.
4. Reverify your college information and enter your new payment details.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions that follow to ensure your Spotify student account remains active.
Can You Reverify from the Mobile App?
Spotify is available as a mobile app on both Apple and Android devices. Unfortunately, you cannot reverify your premium subscription using this software. You can, however, check your current plan and see the expiration date using the steps below so that you remember to renew on the browser.
- Download Spotify from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Log in to your account.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, touch the word “Premium.”
- Scroll down until you see the box labeled “Current Plan.”
- Look on the left side of the box to see your current subscription and the expiration date.
Can You Reverify from the Desktop App?
Spotify is also available as a downloadable desktop app on both PC and Mac computers. Though you cannot learn how to reverify Spotify student accounts from the software itself, there are buttons within it that take you to the website. Learn more in the information below.
- Go to www.spotify.com/us/download/other/ and select either the PC or Mac option.
- Wait for the file to download, and open it to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, and wait for Spotify to install.
- Open the Spotify desktop app and log in to your account.
- At the top of the screen, look for the button labeled “Upgrade.”
- Press that button, and wait for it to take you to the browser.
- Follow the instructions above for reverifying your student account on a browser.
Access Showtime through a Spotify Student Plan
When you sign up for a Spotify student account, you have access to Showtime. This is a streaming software that allows you to watch some of the latest movies, some even released within the past couple of months. To learn more about how to access your Showtime account, use the steps below.
- Use the aforementioned steps to sign up for a Spotify Premium student account.
- Go to showtime.com/spotify and enter the email address associated with your Spotify account.
- Press “Continue.”
- Begin watching Showtime on any device you have that allows you to watch this streaming service.
Access Hulu through a Spotify Student Plan
Hulu is also available for free for students who use a Spotify premium plan with their college information. Hulu is a website and app that gives you access to some of the best television shows and movies. To learn how to link these two accounts, use the steps below.
1. Sign up for your Spotify Premium student account.
2. Go to www.spotify.com on a browser, and enter in your log-in details.
3. Press on “Profile,” then “Account.”
4. Scroll down to the section labeled “Account Overview,” and press “Activate Hulu.”
5. Wait for the log-in information to appear, and go to hulu.com.
6. Click on “Sign In,” and enter the provided log-in details.
7. Watch any show or movie that interests you.
Eligibility for Spotify Student Accounts
As long as you are a scholar at college, you can use the steps mentioned on how to reverify Spotify student accounts or create them. Your school should be accredited, however, and you must be in a four-year degree program. Students should also be at least 18 years of age, allowing them to create their accounts without a parent’s permission.
Unfortunately, after you graduate, you will no longer have access to your discounted student rate. Spotify is free for anyone if you do not mind listening to ads, however. Otherwise, you can sign up for a standard premium account for $9.99 a month.
Spotify Student Renew Not Working
If Spotify student renewal is not working as it should, you can try the manual verification process mentioned above. You can also reach out to the care team at the company at any time.
They have an entire Spotify Community where others may have found fixes to similar issues that you may have with your account. Sometimes, experts even reply to the comments left within the forums.
You can also reach out to the Spotify customer service team through a direct message on their Contact Us webpage. Finally, they do have a Twitter page as well, where you can send them Tweets concerning any issues you may have.
Sign up for a Spotify Student Account Today
If you want to learn how to reverify Spotify student accounts, refer to the information provided above. Unfortunately, you do need internet access to receive the discount, as the steps required need a desktop browser. There is no way to sign up for or renew your student subscription on the desktop or mobile app.
If you have any issues reverifying your account, you can provide your college documentation using the manual steps listed above. If the Spotify student renewal is not working, reach out to the Spotify customer service team. They will get you your discount as soon as possible.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence