How to Scan and Email a Document on iPhone
If you want a smartphone with a highly-capable camera, you should consider the Apple iPhone. An iPhone can take stunning photos if you want to learn the best photography settings. Some individuals learn how to take black and white pictures on iPhone cameras to experiment with their art forms.
There are two ways you can achieve black and white photos on your smartphone. First, change the settings in the camera to capture the images without color. You can also learn how to post-process your photos, turning them to black and white using editing techniques.
Learn where to find scanned documents on iPhone devices to email them. You will use the Notes app to start the process, and after, you will need to attach the file through Files.
You can attach the document by tapping in the email then pressing the left-facing arrow. After, tap on the paper icon and choose the appropriate file.
How to Scan and Email a Document on iPhone | Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide
This step-by-step guide can better prepare you to learn how to scan and email a document on iPhone devices.
Built-in Tools to Scan Documents on Your iPhone
You can use the iPhone notes scanner to learn to scan documents on your iPhone. You will need to open a new note to begin the process.
After you open a new note, you will tap on the camera icon. Choose “Scan Documents” to start the process.
Follow the on-screen steps to finalize your document. You will need to adjust the corners of your file to ensure you capture only the paper.
After, you can use the on-screen steps to learn how to save scanned documents on iPhone devices.
Third-Party Apps for Scanning a Document on Your iPhone
You can find a scanner PDF app for iPhone devices, giving you the ability to email your files after. Most of these tools are free to download from the Apple App Store. The list below contains four of the best scanner apps of 2022.
1. Adobe Scan
Adobe Scan is free to download if you want to learn how to scan and email a document on iPhone devices. There are a few premium features you can purchase.
Adobe Scan will automatically recognize text that exists on your paperwork. You can scan anything using this tool, including recipes, business cards, contracts, and more.
You can organize your documents after scanning them using this tool. Put the files in folders based on the topics you want to consider.
Finally, Adobe Scan allows you to enhance any of your scanned documents. You can crop, rotate, and adjust the color of your files.
Learn how to use this iPhone document scanner using the auto-capture mode in the steps below.
- Download Adobe Scan from the Apple App Store.
- Open the app and position your phone over your document.
- Wait for the app to automatically capture your document.
- Tap on the thumbnail to start the editing process.
You can also scan your documents traditionally, as seen in the list below.
- Open Adobe Scan and tap on the camera icon.
- Choose the type of document you want to scan.
- Tap “Manual-Capture.” You would press “Auto Capture” to use the previous steps.
- Wait for the app to auto-crop your image.
- After the scan comes through, tap “Adjust and Save.”
- When you finish editing, press “Save as PDF.”
2. Microsoft Office Lens
Microsoft Office Lens is the next app you can use to learn how to scan and email a document on iPhone devices. You can convert these images to PDF, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files.
You can save your document to your device or a cloud server when using this app. Some of the compatible options include OneNote and OneDrive.
Microsoft Office Lens is unique in that you can scan a whiteboard. It will help you keep any notes from a meeting or class with ease.
You may ask yourself, “how do you scan with your phone?” Learn how to use Microsoft Office Lens to complete this process with the steps below.
- Download Microsoft Office Lens from the Apple App Store.
- After opening the app, give it permission to access your camera.
- Click on the camera icon and scroll to the appropriate file type.
- Position your phone’s camera over the document and press the shutter button.
- Perform any editing, including cropping, rotating, and adding text.
- Tap “Done” when you finish editing.
- Click “Export To” to choose a location and format for your file.
You will first use the Notes app to learn how to scan and email a document on iPhone devices. You will tap on the scanned file, pressing “Share” after.
After you press the “Share” icon, you will look for the option labeled “Create PDF.” Press “Done” and attach the document to an email.
CamScanner is another free iPhone document scanner that you can download from the Apple App Store. It has in-app purchases for some of the most premium editing abilities.
CamScanner will turn your mobile device into a portable scanner. It will automatically recognize text, and you can instantly save any file you capture.
You will appreciate the ID card and passport option on CamScanner. You can quickly upload these necessary identification documents.
When scanning using CamScanner, you can save them as a PDF, JPG, or TXT file. Combine multiple pages into one cohesive document if necessary.
To learn how to scan and email a document on iPhone devices using CamScanner, use the steps below.
- Download CamScanner from the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
- Open the app and click on the camera icon.
- Aim your device over the document you need to scan.
- Tap on the camera icon again to capture the scan.
- Press on the checkmark to see your picture.
- Drag the handles around the edges of your document.
- Tap on the checkmark to finalize the editing process.
- Click on the menu, and press “Share.”
- Tap on one of the save options to keep the file.
If you ask yourself, “how do you scan with your phone using an app,” you can use SwiftScan. This free tool lets you save documents and open QR codes.
If you have iOS 14 on your iPhone, there is a widget you can save for your home screen. It will let you scan your files with the click of a button, and you can view your recent documents.
There is a one-tap option for sending an email directly from the app with the file attached. You can also save the documents to a cloud server such as Google Drive, iCloud, or Dropbox.
To learn how to scan and email a document on iPhone devices using SwiftScan, consider the provided steps.
- Download SwiftScan from the Apple App Store.
- After opening the app, press on the plus sign.
- Position your iPhone over the document you need to scan.
- Let SwiftScan automatically find the corners and capture the image.
- Tap “Save.”
- Use the real-time guidance on the screen to get the highest-quality scan.
On the newest iOS updates, you can insert a scan directly into your email. Tap in the body of the message to begin.
After you tap in the body of your email, you will press “Scan Document.” Capture a picture of the paper, crop it appropriately, and send your message.
Websites for Scanning Documents on Your iPhone
There are a couple of websites you can use. The options below allow you to scan the files and learn how to save scanned documents on iPhone devices.
Two of the best mobile websites you can use to scan documents are in the list below.
1. Scanbot SDK
Scanbot SDK is one of the best websites you can use to scan documents on your iPhone. The results will be of the highest possible quality.
There are security implications in place to ensure that your documents remain private. It will automatically scan your files.
There is an editing feature in place that will let you fix the perspective of your documents. There is also blur detection available that will help to clear up your files after you scan them.
There are additional filters in place that will cast a specific color or other feature over your files. Learn how to use this mobile scanner with the steps below.
- On your mobile browser, type in www.scanbot.io.
- Choose the plan that best fits your needs for scanning your documents.
- Give the website permission to use your camera.
- Tap on the “Scan” option.
- Position your iPhone over the documents.
- Let Scanbot SDK start the scanning process.
- Press on the “X Pages” option, and perform necessary edits.
- Tap “Save” and choose the appropriate file format.
Another mobile app you can use to learn to scan your documents is OnlineCamScanner. You will have to upload a file to save it to your mobile device. It does not use a camera.
To use this mobile scanner, you can follow the provided steps below.
- On your mobile browser, type in www.onlinecamscanner.com.
- Click on “Upload for Scan” and choose the appropriate file.
- Add as many files as you need for your cohesive document.
- Perform any crops or edits you need to make.
- Tap on the “Share” icon.
- Save your document to your iPhone.
Attaching the Document to Your Email
To attach a file to your email, you need to learn where to find scanned documents on iPhone devices. After locating them in the files folder, you will upload them to your email.
First, you can click on the file, pressing the “Share” option after. Click on “Mail” and type a message and the recipient. After, you will press “Send.”
You can also attach a scanned file directly to your email. Tap on the body of your email and press “Scan.”
Open your camera, and capture the document you need to send. The file will automatically attach to your email, allowing you to send it right after.
How to Sign a Document on Your iPhone
Finally, you can learn how to sign a document on your iPhone. After using the steps above for the iPhone notes scanner, you need to download the Adobe Acrobat app.
Open the Adobe Acrobat app and tap on the “Fill & Sign” option. Tap on the icon for drawing.
After, you need to click on “Create Signature.” You will need to draw the signature you want to insert on your iPhone. After, you can send the file.
Believe it or not, you can easily find a free scanner PDF app for iPhone devices. To start, you can use Notes, which comes with every iPhone.
If you want a premium app that will fit your needs, consider Adobe Scan or Microsoft Office Lens. Finally, some of the lesser-known names of free apps include SwiftScan or CamScanner.
Scan and Email a Document on Your iPhone
You should now understand how to scan and email a document on iPhone devices. Most of the methods listed above are free for you to use, and you can get a high-quality result in a matter of minutes.
Tap on the camera icon to start the scanning process in the Notes app. If you need more advanced editing features, download one of the third-party tools or open one of the websites.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence