How to Scan QR Code From Camera Roll
A QR code, meaning a quick response code, is like a barcode. It resembles a black and white matrix with small squares on three corners. It contains digital data rather than selling information.
Most smartphones, including iPhones, allow you to scan QR codes from the camera. You will immediately see the website, data, or other information that a company wants you to see.
It is easiest to scan a physical QR code on your iPhone. You can also learn how to scan QR code from camera roll images using the provided information below.
If you have iOS 11 or later, your iPhone or iPad will automatically have QR scanning enabled. Sometimes updates can lead to your device turning off the feature, however.
To turn on QR scanning on your iPhone, you need to open Settings. Select the option labeled “Camera,” and look for the “Scan QR Codes” option. Toggle the button provided, ensuring it turns green.
Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide to Scan QR Codes from an Image on an iPhone
Scanning QR Codes Via the iPhone Camera
Before learning how to scan QR code from camera roll images, you should know how to use the lenses on the iPhone. There are several methods available, including those outlined below.
Use the Camera App
No matter what version you have of iOS, you can use the Camera app on your iPhone or iPad to scan a QR code. Use the steps below to begin.
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Hold your iPhone or iPad above the QR code.
- Make sure that the QR code shows up in the viewfinder.
- When the notification shows up, click on it. The link or digital content will automatically load.
Use the Wallet App
The Wallet app is relatively new to iOS systems, but you can use it to scan a QR code from your camera. This method is beneficial if you need easy access to the linked digital information behind the code.
If the QR code links to concert tickets or boarding passes, for instance, the information will automatically save to your iPhone or iPad wallet. Learn how to use the Wallet app by using the steps below.
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone or iPad.
- On the bottom of the screen, select “Scan Code.”
- Position your iPhone’s or iPad’s camera over the QR code.
- On the top right corner of the screen, click on the plus sign.
- Click “Scan Code to Add a Pass.”
- Press “Ok.”
If you cannot save the content behind the QR code to the Wallet app, you will receive a notification. It will say, “No Pass Available for this Code.”
Use the Control Center
If you would rather use the Control Center directly to learn how to scan QR code from camera roll, use the steps below.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on “Control Center.”
- Press “Customize Controls.”
- Look for the words “QR Code Reader” and tap the plus sign.
- Open the Settings app again.
- Click on “Control Center.”
- Choose “QR Code Reader.”
- Position your iPad or iPhone over the QR code.
- When the notification appears, click on the link.
Scanning QR Codes Saved in the Photos App
You can also learn how to scan QR code from photo album iPhone! The methods outlined below allow you to take a photo of the icon or screenshot it from a website. After, you will scan the QR code from the Photos app.
The easiest way to learn how to scan QR code from photo album iPhone is to use the Shortcuts app. This method will work with the Files app if you have any paperwork with one of these icons. Finally, you can learn how to scan QR code online with Shortcuts.
1. Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Click on “Gallery” at the bottom of the screen.
3. Type in the name of the shortcut you want to use.
4. Press “Add Shortcut.”
5. Wait for the confirmation notification.
There are two shortcuts that prove to be beneficial when learning how to scan QR code from photo album iPhone. The first is QR Reader from Images, which you can add using the above list. After, use the steps below to start scanning QR codes that are on your iPhone.
1.Open the Shortcuts app.
2. Press and hold on “QR Reader from Images.”
3. Select “Details” in the pop-up menu.
4. Click “Show in Share Sheet.” Press “Select All.”
5. Tap “Done.
6. Press and hold on the image if you want to learn how to scan QR code online.
7. Select “QR Reader from Images” to open the digital information.
8. To scan QR code from photo album iPhone, you will find the image in the Photos app.
9. Click on the up arrow icon on the bottom left corner.
10. Scroll down and select “QR Reader from Images.”
The other option you can use is Decode QR. You will follow the same steps listed above to scan the QR code. It will automatically extract the digital data from it.
Consider Third-Party Options
Learn how to scan QR code from camera roll images via a few third-party apps. These are available for free or at a small price from the Apple App Store. You can learn more about some of the best alternatives in the information below.
You can easily create a QR code, especially if you only want it to connect to a website. There are free generators that you can use online.
It is possible to make a QR code through Google Chrome. When the website loads, tap on the three dots on the top right corner. Press “Share,” followed by “QR Code.”
Alternative Tools to Scan a QR Code from an Image on an iPhone
There are a couple of third-party tools that you can use to learn how to scan QR code from camera roll images. A couple of the best are below.
Qrafter lets you learn how to scan QR code from camera roll images. You can download Qrafter for free from the Apple App Store. After, use the steps below to scan your QR codes.
1. Open Qrafter after it downloads to your iPhone or iPad.
2. Press “Scan from Photo Albums.”
3. Turn on “Move and Scale” to achieve a quicker response time from the scan.
4. Choose the image that contains the QR code that you need to scan.
5. Send the information behind the QR code via a text message or email. You can also copy it to the clipboard.
6. If there is a URL under the QR code, use the option to open the website.
Google Photos is one of the best apps you can put on your iPhone or iPad. It will automatically sync with your device, saving your images to the cloud server. When the backup process is complete, you can ease up your iPhone’s or iPad’s storage by deleting pictures from the device.
Google Photos also allows you to edit images and create albums. The best feature when considering QR codes is the Google Lens. Learn how to use this tool by following the steps below.
1. Download Google Photos from the Apple App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Open the app. When the pop-up appears to give Google Photos access to your photos, press “Ok.”
3. Wait for your images to start syncing with the Google Photos app.
4. Find the image with the QR code you need to scan and click on it.
5. Click on the Google Lens option at the bottom of the screen. It resembles a broken square with a magnifying glass.
6. Google Photos will automatically load the digital information behind the QR code.
7. Click on “website” to load the URL or copy it to the clipboard.
If you want to make a QR code, you may wonder if it needs to be black and white. Adding color is possible!
Some QR code generators allow you to add your brand or company logo. Following this step will let customers have a way to communicate with your brand in a fun way.
Social Media Apps
Any social media app that has access to your iPhone’s camera can scan QR codes. Find the most popular options in the list below.
If you receive a QR code from another Snapchat user, it will help you add new friends. Open the app and point the camera at the icon.
Pinterest will let you learn how to scan QR code online via the Lens Visual Discovery tool. The results will show the product or post linked to the icon.
Every LinkedIn profile comes with a profile QR code. Other users can share theirs with you, allowing you to add new followers.
You can use QR codes to find followers and read links on Twitter. Every profile comes with one that you can share or download to your camera roll.
5. Facebook Messenger
Click “My Code” under your Facebook Messenger account to see your personalized QR code. You can download this information and share it with others to quickly add friends.
You do not need a third-party app to scan a QR code if you have an iPhone. Open the camera, and point it at the image.
When you want to scan a QR code on an Android device, you can try to use the Google Screen Search app. Several of these smartphones do allow you to use the camera.
Scan a QR Code on an iPhone
You should now know how to scan QR code from camera roll images. You should better understand how to use the lenses on your iPhone or iPad to scan a physical QR code.
Remember, to scan a QR code from the images on your device, use Shortcuts. Download the “Decode QR” or “QR Reader from Images” option. When you save a QR code to your device, select the shortcut. It will load the new information.
Third-party apps are also available to you. Use the Google Lens through Google Photos, or consider downloading Qrafter. Finally, you can scan QR codes through several social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook Messenger, and LinkedIn.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence