How to Screen Record FaceTime With Sound on iPhone
FaceTime is one of the best ways to communicate with your loved ones. You can connect with anyone anywhere in the world, as long as you both have an internet connection. FaceTime also allows you to see one another to make the entire experience more personable.
Sometimes, when you FaceTime with someone, you create valuable memories or discuss critical information. If you want to remember those times, you need to learn how to screen record FaceTime with sound on iPhone devices. Read more about the many methods that are available to you in the information below.
You can also screen record with audio on your Mac! When you open the app, you will press Cmd+Shift+5 to open options. After, you will need to enter a save location and ensure you check the option for “built-in microphone.” Finally, you can choose “Record Entire Screen” or “record selected portion.”
Screen recording is not just for FaceTime. You can save any video you play on your iPhone by using these settings on the control center. Tap on “screen recording.” When finished, you will need to press the “stop” button.
Use the Control Center
The most obvious way to learn how to screen record FaceTime with sound on iPhone devices is to use the control center. This method is only available on iOS 13.3 and below, however. Use the steps below to start.
1. Open the FaceTime app and start a call.
2. Swipe down from the top of your iPhone’s screen to open the control center.
3. Press and hold “Screen Recording.”
4. Wait for the option that allows you to turn on the microphone and press it.
5. Adjust your iPhone’s volume as necessary.
6. Wait for the three-second countdown to finish for the recording to start.
7. Ensure that your FaceTime call records by looking for the red status on the top left corner.
If you have later than iOS 13.3, you can use another camera or phone to record the FaceTime call. Set the lens in front of your iPhone and use the available video settings. Make sure to turn on the audio and microphone settings.
End Your Screen Recording Via the Control Center
When you are ready to cut off the screen recording, you must get back to the control center. Follow the steps below to learn more.
- Pull down from the top of your iPhone to open the control center.
- Press “Stop.”
You can also press the red status bar and press “stop.” The button will show up in the dialog box. Your recorded videos will immediately show up in your Photos app.
Add the Screen Recording Option to the Control Center
Some users find that they need to add the screen recording option to their iPhone’s control center. Follow the steps below if you are in this situation.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Scroll down to the “Control Center” option and click it.
3. Toggle the “Access within Apps” button to the “ON” position.
4. Click the plus sign next to the words “Screen Recording.”
Take Live Photos while Using FaceTime on Your iPhone
If you want to learn how to screen record FaceTime with sound on iPhone devices and only need short clips, consider using live photos. These pictures will have sound attached to them. Use the information below to get started.
Turn on the Required Settings
Before you learn this method, you have to ensure you turn on the appropriate settings. Use the steps below to begin.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to the “FaceTime” option and tap it.
- Toggle the switch next to “FaceTime Live Photos” to turn the setting on.
Take Live Photos
- Open the FaceTime app and start a call.
- Press the white camera button on the right side of the screen.
- Look for the saved live photos in your Photos app.
The person you are on the call with will immediately receive a notification that you took a live photo. You can disable this feature using the steps below.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap the “FaceTime” option.
- Toggle the switch to the off position next to the words “FaceTime Live Photos.”
Record FaceTime on Your Mac
As mentioned above, you can also screen record FaceTime with audio on your Mac. You can do more than just use FaceTime settings, however. Use QuickTime player to complete your screen recording by using the steps below.
1. Open the QuickTime application on your Mac.
2. Press “File” in the menu bar.
3. Click “New Screen Recording” and wait for the pop-up window.
4. Next to the word “Record,” press the downward-facing arrow.
5. In the section labeled “Microphone,” select the appropriate device you want to use.
6. Open the FaceTime app and keep QuickTime up.
7. Press the red button that means “record” on QuickTime.
8. To record just the call, press the FaceTime window.
9. To record your entire computer screen, press the desktop.
10. Call one of your contacts!
Take Live Photos on FaceTime on a Mac
You know the answer to the question, “Can You Screen Record FaceTime with audio on iPhone devices or Macs?” You can also take live photos on your Mac, which you may not know or understand. Learn how in the information below.
Adjust the Appropriate Settings
Similar to an iPhone, you will need to adjust the settings on your Mac to turn on the live photos feature. Learn how by using the steps below.
- Open the FaceTime app on your Mac.
- On the top left corner of the screen, look for the FaceTime menu button.
- Press “Preferences.”
- Check the box next to the “Allow Live Photos” option.
Take Live Photos on a Mac
Taking live photos on your Mac is slightly more confusing than on an iPhone. You can better understand the required processes in the steps below.
- Open the FaceTime app on your Mac and start a call.
- Hover the mouse over the FaceTime window.
- Wait for the camera button to appear and click it when you want to take the photo.
- Look for live photos folder in the Photos app.
Disable Live Photos Settings on Your Mac
Again, the other caller will receive a notification if you take a live photo of the FaceTime call on your Mac. To prevent anyone from taking this type of picture, disable the setting using the steps below.
- Open the FaceTime app on your Mac.
- Click on the app menu on the top left corner of the screen.
- Press the “Preferences” option.
- Remove the checkmark next to the “Allow Live Photos” option to disable the setting.
There are a few third-party apps available on both Macs and iPhones that will help you screen record your FaceTime calls. Learn more about some of the best in the below information.
WonderShare DemoCreator is available to help you screen record your FaceTime calls on your Mac. Use the steps below to begin.
- Download Wondershare DemoCreator from www.democreator.wondershare.com.
- Once downloaded, open the app and click on the “New Recordings” option in the main menu.
- Under the “Recording Area” option, choose “Full Screen” or “Custom Size” for just the FaceTime window.
- Press the red record button.
When you want to stop the recording, you can press the red button again. The video will save directly to your Mac.
Du Recorder is available for both Macs and iPhones. It is easiest, however, to use this software on your smartphone, as seen in the steps below.
- Download DU Recorder from the Apple App Store.
- Open FaceTime and call one of your loved ones.
- Wait for the orange tab to show up on your screen and press it.
This software also comes with a live recording option that will send your video directly to the social media channel of your choice. You can also change the settings of your recording or pause it at any time.
iMyFone Filme is only available for recording your FaceTime calls on a Mac. This tool is free to use and comes with a variety of editing features. You can test it out by using the steps below.
- Download iMyFone Filme for your Mac from www.filme.imyfone.com.
- Start your FaceTime call and open the software.
- Press the “Record Screen” button.
- Make adjustments to the portion of your screen that you want to record. Press the camcorder icon to start the process.
- Wait for the countdown to finish, and your FaceTime call will automatically start recording.
- Save the completed video to your Mac.
Record it! is available for your iPhone. You can add reactions and make edits to the software after the recording completes. Use the steps below to start with this software.
1. Download Record it! from the Apple App Store.
2. Start your FaceTime call by opening the FaceTime app.
3. Open Record It! and press the red button to start recording.
4. Press the “Microphone” button to capture audio.
5. Stop the recording when you are done.
6. Access your recordings under the “My Recordings” feature on the app.
Finally, Go Record is an app available to learn how to screen record Facetime with sound on iPhone devices. You can start recording immediately using the steps below.
- Download Go Record from the Apple App store.
- Open FaceTime and start a call.
- Open Go Record and press “Face Cam.”
- Tap “Start Recording.”
- When done, tap “Stop Recording.”
- You can find your videos in the Photos app or in the “Recent Recordings” section of Go Record.
Screen Record Your FaceTime
You know how to screen record FaceTime with sound on iPhone devices now. You can use the control center or a third-party app to get the content you need.
Screen recordings are also available on Macs. You can use QuickTime, FaceTime settings, or other software downloadable from the internet.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence