How to Send Files Larger Than 25MB via Email
When sending large files over email, you may receive the error message that your images or other attachments are too big. Despite this, however, you need to get this valuable information to the recipient. Do not worry because, in the step-by-step guide below, you can learn all about how to send files larger than 25MB via email.
The Gmail maximum attachment size is 25 MB. Typically, you will use the paper clip icon in your message to insert the information. If you want to learn how to send files larger than 25 MB via email on any platform, use this method.
The largest file size for Gmail is only 25 MB, you will likely face an error message for videos or larger images. Learn how to send a video through Gmail, or any other larger attachment, by using the method below.
- Open the Google Drive website or app.
- Click on the button labeled “my drive.”
- Upload any relevant files.
- Open the Gmail app or website.
- Press the icon at the bottom for Google Drive.
- Choose the appropriate files you uploaded.
The recipients of your email can click on the link provided. This process is a great way to answer how to send a video through Gmail or any other large attachment without significant delay.
Microsoft Outlook is another popular email server. Learn how to send files larger than 25MB via email on this platform using the information below.
Another method to know how to send large files via email attachment on Outlook is to use SharePoint servers. These are only available on business accounts, however. Follow the steps below for this method.
- Upload the files to a SharePoint folder.
- Save the file to the platform.
- Copy the link of the location of the file.
- Paste the link into your email.
Image Size Reduction
Microsoft Outlook has a built-in feature that lets you reduce image size. The steps below will show you how.
- Attach your files.
- On the menu, choose “file,” then “info.”
- Scroll down to “image attachments.”
- Press “resize large images when I send this message.”
- Go back to your draft and press “send.”
Steps to Upload Large Attachments
To know how to send files larger than 25MB via email by using a cloud-based service on Yahoo, use the steps below.
- Click on “new message” to open a new box.
- Press the icon resembling a paper clip.
- Choose either Google Drive or Dropbox out of the four options.
- Click on the attachment you want to send.
- Press “ok” to give permissions to the file.
- Click on “send.”
The final server you can learn how to send files larger than 25MB via email on is iCloud Mail. Unless you use the link to a file location in the cloud, you can use Mail Drop.
Understanding Mail Drop
Mail Drop lets you send files up to 5GB in size, much larger than the 25MB limit. This feature allows you to send an email through your iPhone, Mac, or even the iCloud website.
It is essential to know that Mail Drop will only hold up to 1TB of storage. New attachments expire every 30 days. Recipients of these emails will also have the same amount of time to download the attachments.
Using Mail Drop
Again, you have three options for using Mail Drop. These include a Mac, an iPhone, and the iCloud website.
- Open the Mail app.
- Press the icon for “compose new message.”
- Click the paper clip, then “choose file.”
- Press the icon resembling a paper plane.
- In the pop-up window, press “use mail drop.”
- Open the the Photos or Files app.
- Select the mail option on the attachment of your choice.
- Wait for the pop-up window, and confirm that you want to use Mail Drop.
- Visit icloud.com and log in.
- Go to the Mail page.
- Choose files to attach.
- Wait for the pop-up, and agree that you want to send attachments using Mail Drop.
One mail method exists when you want to know how to send large files via email attachment. This process is in the information below.
The first method is to compress your files. On Windows, all you have to do is right-click and select “send to,” then “compressed (zipped) folder.” On Mac, you only have to right-click and press “compress [file].”
Send Large Attachments
The information above should help you understand how to send files larger than 25MB via email. No matter the server you use, using file compression and sending a link to a cloud location will always work. Each has certain specificities, however, including Google Drive on Gmail and Mail Drop on iCloud Mail.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence