How to Set Multiple Pictures as Wallpaper on Android
Androids are popular mobile devices, especially since they let you fully customize your wallpapers. You can virtually change any part of the interface, however, to a design that you will enjoy. You can even adjust your widgets to reflect a different graphic or look.
Many individuals want to learn how to set multiple pictures as wallpaper on Android devices. You can learn to create a different background for each screen, a collage for the lock screen, or a constantly changing image. Androids have endless possibilities when considering the many ways that you can customize their wallpaper to make your smartphone your own.
Set a Photo as a Wallpaper on Androids
Before you learn how to make a wallpaper with multiple pictures on Android devices, you have to understand how to set any image as your background. Use the steps below to begin.
- Open the Gallery app on your Android.
- Select the photo that you want as a background.
- Open the image’s settings, and press “Set Picture As.”
- Select “Wallpaper.”
- Fit your image to the screen.
Use Multiple Pictures on the Lock Screen
You can learn how to set multiple pictures as wallpaper on Android lock screens. After using the steps below, you will see a different image on your phone every time you access it.
- Open the Settings app on your Android.
- Scroll down to the “Wallpaper” section and click it.
- Click on the drop-down menu at the top of the screen and select “Lock Screen.”
- Press “From Gallery” on the bottom left corner.
- Choose the images that you would like to use as wallpaper by pressing the checkbox on the upper left corner of each one.
- Resize and rotate your image as necessary.
- Press “Set as Wallpaper.”
Your Android will rotate through the images you selected. This feature is unlike anything offered on any other current smartphone.
Create a Rotating Wallpaper on the Home Screen
Technically, a rotating wallpaper will show multiple images over a short timeframe. Learn how to set this up on your Android using the steps below.
1. Open your Android and stay on the home screen.
2. Press and hold any empty space.
3. Click “Wallpaper.”
4. Scroll down and press “More.”
5. Press “Open Theme Store”
This method does not allow you to choose the photos you want to show up. If you want a hand in the selection process, use the steps above for the lock screen. In step three, choose “home screen” instead of “lock screen.”
Turn off the Rotating Wallpaper
Whether you have live wallpaper on your lock or home screen, you can turn the rotation off. After using the steps below, you can choose the single image you want to use for your background.
- Open your Android’s settings.
- Scroll down to “Wallpaper.”
- Click on “Wallpaper Carousel.”
- Uncheck the “Offline” option.
- Tap “Apply.”
You can also learn to change the design of your Android widgets. Open the Google app on your device, and tap on your profile picture. After, select the icons to change the color, logo, and shape of the widgets you have.
Create a Slideshow
To learn how to make a wallpaper with multiple pictures, you can make a slideshow. There are several steps involved, as seen below.
Assign Your Photos
First, you will need to assign photos to the presentation using the steps below.
1. Open Google Photos and click on “Albums.”
2. Choose the photos that you want to include in the slideshow.
3. Press the three dots in the upper right corner.
4. Select “Slideshow.”
Create the Slideshow
After you make your photo selections, you can set up the slideshow. Learn how to set multiple pictures as wallpaper on Android devices with this method using the steps below.
1. Open the Notification Center, and click on “All Settings.”
2. Press “Personalizations,” then “Background.”
3. In the dropdown menu, select “Slideshow.”
4. In the dropdown menu, select “Wallpapers.”
5. Press “Browse.”
6. Find the slideshow folder you created.
7. Select the timeframe that you need to use.
8. Fit your images to the screen.
9. Click on Apply
Create a Collage
The Google Photos app comes with almost every Android phone. You can learn how to set multiple pictures as wallpaper on Android devices by making a collage through Google Photos. Use the required steps below to begin.
1. Open the Google Photos app on your Android.
2. Sign in to your account.
3. Tap “Library” at the bottom of the screen.
4. Choose the “Utilities” option.
5. Scroll to the “Create New” section and press “Collage.”
6. Choose the photos you want to include.
7. Tap “Create” on the top right corner.
Make the Collage Your Background
After you make the collage, it will automatically save in the Google Photos app. To set it as your background, use the steps below.
1. Open the Google Photos app.
2. Tap on the “Photos” tab at the bottom of the screen and find your collage.
3. Click on the collage to open it.
4. Tap the three vertical dots on the top right corner of the screen.
5. Press the “Use as” option in the dropdown menu.
6. Tap “Wallpaper.”
7. Position the collage where you want it and press “Set Wallpaper.”
As mentioned, widgets and wallpapers are not all that you can customize on your Android smartphone. Install an icon pack to change the look of your apps on your device. Scroll through the themes or turn on dark mode to give your Android a cohesive appearance.
Third-Party Apps to create Wallpapers on Android with Multiple Pictures
There are several third-party apps available that help you learn how to set multiple pictures as wallpaper on Android phones. Four of the best are in the information below.
Go Multiple Wallpaper
Go Multiple Wallpaper is available for free on the Google Play store. It works best with the Go Launcher EX. Use the steps below to begin.
1. Download Go Multiple Wallpaper from the Google Play store.
2. Hold down on the home screen, and click on “Wallpaper” in the menu.
3. Choose Go Multiple Wallpaper.
4. Select an image from your phone for each home screen.
5. Reorder the images by holding and dragging them to the spots you want them.
6. Press “Apply.”
If you use another launcher, you can use the above settings for creating live or rotating wallpapers. You will choose Go Multiple Wallpaper when selecting a source.
Wallpaper Changer is another app that is available for your Android devices. Download it from the Google Play store and use the steps below to begin.
- Download Wallpaper Changer from the Google Play store.
- Choose the time that you want the wallpaper to change. Select “change every x min,” “change on lock screen unlock” or “random order.”
- Press “Add Image” to select the photos that you want to use for your wallpaper.
- Preview your selections by pressing “Show All x Wallpapers.”
- Press “Ok.”
you can also add photos from an album. Press the “Add Folder” option for this method.
Multipicture Live Wallpaper
Multipicture Live Wallpaper will let you select a different background image for each of your home screens. The pictures will not rotate, however, so they will be stoic on your screen. Use the steps below to begin.
- Download Multipicture Live Wallpaper from the Google Play store.
- Click on “Common Settings.”
- Change the source for the images and the fit that you want them to have on your screen.
- Click on “Add Individual Settings.”
- Press the plus sign and choose the home screen you want to edit.
- Upload the images you want to use as a background by pressing “Gallery.”
This app also comes with a couple of different plugins. These let you pull photos from a website or a cloud server like Flickr or Picasa.
Finally, FiveWallpapers is an app that lets you set a different image for each home screen. Again, the photos will not rotate, so the backgrounds are not live. Use the steps below to begin your use of this app.
- Download FiveWallpapers from the Google Play store.
- Tap “Number of Desktops,” and select how many pages you have.
- Choose a transition effect for moving from one home screen to the next.
- Click on the image of the screen that you want to change.
- Upload the picture that you want to use as a background.
- Tap and hold on “Preview” to modify or crop the image how you want.
- Press “Done.”
After completing the above steps, go back to your home screen and ensure you are happy with your changes. Make any additional edits or switch out anything you do not enjoy.
Set the Full Picture as Your Background
Whether you want to learn how to make a wallpaper with multiple pictures or a single image, you may not want to crop the photo. You likely want to be able to see the whole photograph when looking at your Android’s background. Read below to learn how to set full wallpaper on Android without cropping the image.
Screenshot the Images
Sometimes, an image is too big for your Android background. If you want to learn how to set a full picture as wallpaper on Android phones, however, you can try to screenshot it. The steps below will automatically make your photo smaller.
- Open the Gallery app or Google Photos.
- Select the image you want as part of your background.
- Press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
If step three does not work, you can hold down the power button. Tap the word “Screenshot” when it appears.
You can use any of the above methods to understand how to set multiple pictures as wallpaper on Android full-sized.
Resize the Image in Your Gallery
You can also try to resize the image in the Gallery app to learn how to set full wallpaper on Android without cropping. Use the steps below to start.
- Open the Gallery app and find the photo you want to resize.
- Select the photo and tap on “Edit.”
- Press “Resize Image.”
- Choose how much smaller you want the picture to be.
- Tap on “Done” to finalize the changes.
Android phones come with a small selection of wallpapers if you do not want to use your photos. Some of these options are live photos that move when you press on them. Tap and hold the home screen to access the pre-installed options available to you.
Set Multiple Wallpapers
This article helped you learn how to set multiple pictures as wallpaper on Android phones. You can learn to make rotating images for your lock or home screen to start. You can even create a slideshow through Google Photos.
There are also several third-party apps available. These will let you change the image for each home screen. Some do allow you to set a timer for rotating images too.
When setting multiple images or just one as your background, you may want to learn how to set a full picture as wallpaper on Android devices. All you have to do is resize your photo through a screenshot or Gallery edits.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence