How to Set Up Google Account on Iphone
A Google account on your phone provides you with a number of features and conveniences. You can create one to sign into a variety of apps and services. Rather than having to memorize a slew of passwords, your Google account will provide you with fast access.
If you’re new to the world of iPhones or you find technology challenging, you may be wondering how to set up Google account on iPhone. We’re going to help you go through this process step-by-step, so you’ll be able to sync your email, notes, calendar, and contacts to your phone in addition to many other processes.
- When you’re creating new accounts with passwords, always keep a master list of your passwords somewhere at home.
- Create a different password for each account that you have. If someone is able to hack one of your accounts, they’ll be able to account multiple accounts.
- Always keep a passcode on your iPhone or use the fingerprint sensor. If you’re using a Google account for easy access to other accounts you have, you don’t want someone to have access to this information.
The Ultimate Guide to Setting Up Google Account on iPhone
Step 1: Open Your Settings Icon
This is the area of your phone where you can change things relating to your passwords, Bluetooth connectivity, Wi-Fi, display features, accessibility, and much more.
Step 2: Go Into the Accounts and Passwords Section of Your Settings Area
You should see a current list of all the accounts that you currently have on your iPhone. This information also applies to your iPad.
Step 3: Click on Add Account
Near the bottom of your main settings menu, you should see an area that is labeled as “Add Account”. Enter this area to begin the process of how to set up Google account on iPhone.
Step 4: Enter your Google Information
You will see a Google logo. Select that logo and wait for a Google sign-in screen to appear. Enter your current Google account information to log in. This will include your email address and password.
If you don’t currently have a Google account, you will need to create one. Select the ‘Create Account’ prompt. Select an email address for your login along with a secure password.
Step 5: Sync your information once you are logged in.
You can choose what information you want to sync to your iPhone. Just some of what you can sync includes your personal contacts, email accounts, calendar information, notes, and more.
When you want to sync one of the items that are listed, simply slide the switch to the ‘On’ position. To disable an item, just switch the feature back to ‘Off’.
Step 6: Click on the Save Button
Before you exit this area, you’ll want to click on the ‘Save’ button which is located on the top-right hand side of your iPhone screen. If you went through these steps correctly, your Google account should now be added to your iPhone (or iPad).
Why Can’t I Add a Google Account to My iPhone?
There are a number of reasons why you might be having trouble adding your Google account to your iPhone. There is built-in Google support on your iPhone, but a glitch may prevent you from accessing the information needed to continue on with the process of how to set up Google account on iPhone. Let’s look at some of the most common issues that can hold up this process.
Google has the ability to block your device from being able to access your account if it suspects there is any kind of unusual activity that compromises your security (unknown location, unrecognized device). If you need to reactivate your account, use the following steps to unlock the Captcha URL.
1. On your device’s browser, go to the Google website.
2. Sign into the account that is causing you difficulty on your iPhone’s settings screen.
3. Type https://accounts.google.com/b/0/displayunlockcaptcha into the address bar in your browser.
4. You should see a notification that your account has been reactivated. Try the process of how to set up Google account on iPhone again.
Can I Have Two Gmail Accounts on My iPhone?
You can choose to manage multiple Gmail accounts on your iPhone. This may be necessary if you have a personal account as well as a business account.
1. Click the menu button on your iPhone that is located on the upper left-hand corner of your screen. This will appear in three horizontal lines.
2. This is where you can view the different accounts that you have set up.
3. The account that you select will determine what information and notifications you’re managing.
What Is the Difference Between a Google Account and a Gmail Account?
Gmail is an email client that is offered by Google. Through a Gmail account, you will be able to manage incoming messages, outgoing information, etc. Gmail can be accessed from your phone, desktop computer, tablet, or another device. Gmail can be integrated into other email programs, which is convenient if you’re still working with an AOL account or a Microsoft Outlook account. You simply walk through a few simple how to set up Gmail account in iPhone steps to create your account.
A Google account is necessary if you want to access Gmail on your phone, tablet, computer or another device. It is completely free to create both of these accounts, so it makes sense to take advantage of such a popular piece of technology. All that you need is some basic personal information to create your account. You will need to come up with a unique login along with a secure password (make sure you’re using a combination of letters, characters, numbers, etc.). You manage these accounts completely separately. You can also have a Google account without using a Gmail account.
Are All Google Apps Available on an iPhone?
There is a complete list of Google Apps available on both iPhones and iPads. Some are more personal-focused while others are for business use. Google makes it very easy for you to use its programs to organize and better your life. Each of the apps listed below is available within the app store, including many others that are not listed here.
- Google Calendar
- Inbox by Gmail
- The Google Assistant
- Google Drive
- Google Docs
- Google Sheet
- Google Classroom
- Google Hangouts
- Hangouts Meet
- Google Maps
- Google Earth
- Google Trips
- Google Cardboard / Camera
- Google Expeditions
- YouTube Kids
- YouTube TV
- Google Play Books
- Google Play Music
- Google Play Newsstand
- Google Photos
Going through the steps of how to set up Google account on iPhone or how to set up Gmail account in iPhone is actually a very simple process. You can simplify the process by already being set up with a Google account beforehand. From there, you’ll just run through the steps of:
1. Selecting the settings icon on your home screen.
2. Enter into the Accounts and Passwords area to see the current accounts listed on your iPhone.
3. Go to the ‘Add Account’ menu within settings to set up your Google account.
4. Select the Google logo and sign into your Google account using your email address and password.
5. Once logged, sync whatever information you want to your iPhone by sliding the option to the ‘On’ position.
6. Save all of your progress at the top-right corner of your iPhone.
If you run into issues, it’s a good idea to back out of the menu you’re in and start again. If you’re having trouble logging into your Google account, this may be a Google issue that isn’t related to your phone. Make sure that you’re using the right login information and password. You may need to go through the steps of a password or account reminder if you’re unable to log in.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence