How to Turn on Comments on Tiktok After Posting
TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms, growing significantly throughout the pandemic. Many individuals now have friends for life or romantic relationships due to the connections they made on TikTok.
One of the ways that TikTok allows users to interact most is through replying to posts, especially through commenting. Many creators fear that they will have to deal with trolls, however, so take the time to turn comments off. You can also learn how to turn on comments on TikTok after posting, however, to ensure you can interact in the way you desire.
Privacy Settings for Comments
Before learning how to turn on comments on TikTok after posting, you must understand the three privacy options for these replies. You can choose who you want to post on your account when considering the information below.
If you have comments turned on for everyone on TikTok, you have a public account. Anyone can leave a reply on your videos, so you never know what type of information you will see.
You can turn your comments on for only your followers if you have a private account. Only those individuals who keep up with your feed can leave a reply.
Finally, you can turn on comments for only your friends. These TikTok users are those that follow you and that you follow back. This option is the most private of the three.
Make Adjustments for All of Your Videos
Turn Comments On
You can learn how to turn on comments on TikTok after posting for all of your videos. Learn more using the steps below.
- Tap on “Profile.”
- Look for the three horizontal dots on the top right corner. Press them.
- Tap “Privacy and Settings.”
- Click “Privacy and Safety.”
- Click on “Who Can Post Comments. “
- Choose “Everyone” or “Friends” to turn your comments on for specific people.
Turn Comments Off
You can also learn to turn comments off on TikTok. The steps are almost the same as those required for turning them on.
- Click on “Profile.”
- Press on the three horizontal dots in the top right corner.
- Select “Privacy and Settings.”
- Click “Privacy and Safety.”
- Press “Who Can Post Comments.”
- Tap “Off” to turn off comments.
Adjust Comments While Posting
This method technically does not work for learning how to turn on comments on TikTok after posting. It does, however, let you adjust your settings right before you make a new post.
Toggle Comments On
If you already have comments turned off, you may want to turn them back on for one specific video. Use the steps below to begin.
- Open the TikTok app and press the plus sign in the middle bottom of the screen.
- Hold the red camcorder button to start a video.
- Press the red button with a checkmark in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap “Next.”
- Toggle the switch next to “Comments Off.” If it was green and turns gray, you know people can reply to your post.
- Press “Post.”
Toggle Comments Off
The steps above are almost the same for learning how to turn off comments while in the posting process. Learn more in the information below.
- Open the TikTok app and press the plus sign.
- Start your post by pressing the red camcorder icon.
- Press the button with a checkmark in it on the bottom right corner.
- Click “Next.”
- Next to “Comments Off,” toggle the button. It should turn from gray to green.
- Press “Post.”
Adjust Comments on One Video After Posting
The information below will help you learn how to turn on comments on TikTok after posting one video. You will only need to move the toggle switch in the opposite direction to turn them off. Find the rest of the required steps below.
- Open the TikTok app and press on “Profile.”
- Click on the video you want to edit.
- Tap the three lines to open the settings for the video.
- Press “Privacy Settings.”
- Scroll down to the section labeled “Allow Comments.”
- Press on the toggle switch until comments are either on or off.
If you used the above information to learn how to turn on comments on TikTok after posting or for all of your videos and the replies do not show up, you may need to perform troubleshooting. Find some of the most common tips for missing comments below.
Many individuals find that if you restart the TikTok app, your comments will appear. If this method works, there was likely a bug when you initially opened the software.
Check for Server Issues
In the past when TikTok went down, many users were unable to see the comments on their videos. Use other social media accounts to check the TikTok server to ensure it is up and running.
Test Your Internet
Sometimes, comments may not show up on your TikTok videos because you do not have a stable internet connection. Perform a speed test to check. If you notice that your internet is slower than normal, restart your router or smartphone.
Clear the Cache
If you use TikTok continually, you will build up your cache over time. When this happens, you may experience slower loading times and issues such as missing comments. Fix this problem by opening your account settings and pressing “Clear Cache.”
Delete and Reinstall the App
If the methods above do not work, you can try deleting and reinstalling the app. This tip will help you remove any corrupted files that may exist on your account.
Finally, if all else fails, reach out to TikTok support. Usually, the team takes less than a day to fix these problems. TikTok support will also recognize that you are a real user since you reached out to them.
Special Circumstances Surrounding TikTok Comments
If you do not want to completely turn off or on all comments on your TikTok, you can filter them. This social media platform also lets you pin, report, and delete replies.
You can choose to filter every comment, those containing spam content, or those with specific keywords. Learn more below.
To filter every comment, use the steps below.
- Open TikTok and navigate to your profile.
- Open Settings, and click on “Privacy.”
- Select “Comments.”
- Scroll down to “Comment Filters,” and turn on “Filter All Comments.”
You will now have to approve every reply someone leaves on your account.
Filtering spam comments will help to keep the trolls away from your profile. You can use the steps below for this method.
- Open your TikTok profile and go to your settings.
- Press “Privacy,” then “Comments.”
- Scroll down to “Comment Filters.”
- Turn on “Filter Spam and Offensive Comments.”
Finally, TikTok allows you to prevent only those comments that contain specific keywords, as aforementioned. Filter these using the steps below.
- Open your profile and go to your account settings.
- Click on “Privacy,” followed by “Comments.”
- Go down to “Comment Filters,” and turn on “Filter Keywords.”
- Tap “Add Keywords” and start typing those you want to include.
If someone leaves an especially meaningful or funny comment on your TikTok profile, you can pin it to the top of the list. Learn how in the steps below.
- Open the TikTok app and go to your profile.
- Click on the video with the comment you want to pin.
- Tap on the bubble icon with three dots in the middle of it to open your comments.
- Hold down on the comment.
- Tap “Pin Comment.”
You can also unpin the comment. Tap “Unpin Comment” after long-pressing on the reply you want to edit.
If someone leaves a comment that is disrespectful or offensive, you can report it using the below steps.
- Open TikTok and go to your profile.
- Press on the video with the offensive comments.
- Tap on the bubble icon with three dots in the middle of it.
- Hold down on the comment you need to report.
- Press “Report” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Report Multiple Comments
If there are several comments on your account that you find disrespectful, you can report them in bulk. Learn more below.
- Navigate to your profile and click on a video with disrespectful comments.
- Hold down on the comment.
- Press “Manage Multiple Comments.”
- Select, at most, 100 replies you need to report.
- Press “More.”
- Tap “Report Comments” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Finally, TikTok lets you delete comments. Make sure you report them first, however, so that TikTok can take care of the user. Delete the comments using the steps below.
- Open the TikTok app and go to your profile.
- Click on the video with the comments you want to delete.
- Tap on the bubble with three dots in the middle to open your comments.
- Hold down the comment you need to delete.
- Press “Delete.”
TikTok allows you to reply to the comments on your posts with another video. Click on the comment and press the red camcorder button to begin. If you want your reply to be private, you will need to message the commenter a link to the video that you put on private mode.
TikTok does not let you hide all of your comments, but you can filter them by keywords. Go to the “Privacy and Safety” settings, then click “Filter Comments.” Under “Add Keywords,” enter any words you do not want others using in the comments on your page and press “Done.”
The default setting on TikTok, as long as you have an adult account, is to allow anyone to comment on your videos. As of 2021, only friends can comment on posts made by teenagers. If you are under 16, TikTok will automatically set your account to private mode too.
TikTok does not let you change the caption on your videos after posting. You can save the video to your device, however, and upload it to your account again. Update the caption in the provided space and delete the initial content.
Manage Your TikTok Comments
As mentioned, you can learn how to turn on comments on TikTok after posting, while in the middle of making a post, and for all future videos. Turn off these replies using many of the same steps. TikTok has a variety of management tools in place, however, including the ability to pin, delete, and report the comments on your videos.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence
Google Docs is a great platform when it comes to creating content. It offers an alternative to Microsoft Word, which
Table of Contents Google Slides is the presentation software tool of choice for many students and business owners. It is
Table of Contents To ensure that your business is a success, you need to have a plan of action. You
Table of Contents Creating a PowerPoint presentation is a great way to convey information. Whether you are sharing with coworkers,
Table of Contents Google Docs is an incredibly versatile and easy-to-use program that allows you to create a wide range
Previous Next I know why you are reading this. And believe it or not, YOU are trusting me. And the
If you’re a WordPress site owner, chances are that you’re familiar with “Categories” on the platform. In case you’re not,
If you run a WordPress site, chances are that you’ll benefit from knowing how to change the background color of
PDF files are a homestay of the Internet. Longer documents, calendars, forms, and more are often linked to on sites
Previous Next I know what happened. You tried indenting your sentences, paragraphs, bullet points in WordPress, but couldn’t find a
Table of Contents Dating apps have been around for quite a while (since 1995, believe it or not), but they
Table of Contents If you are a Twitch streamer, you will earn a large portion of your money through donations.
How to leverage your brand’s online presence in 2021 and beyond The proliferation of social media from its beginnings as
Table of Contents TikTok is probably the most popular video app at the moment. Sure, YouTube still puts out a
Table of Contents Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms available, especially for individuals who love photography
Table of Contents A flash drive is a great way to store your most essential documents and files. You may ask yourself, however, “can I
Table of Contents You may wonder how to scan old photos for the best resolution. You likely have a shoebox filled with pictures and albums,
Table of Contents Blur is more of a norm when it comes to photo editing in recent times. If you have an area in your
Table of Contents If you have hourly paid employees then they most likely will keep track of their hours, so they get paid the correct
Table of Contents To-do lists are beneficial to anyone, no matter your job or schooling. You likely have experience using a notepad and pen to