How to Unblur a Video on iPhone
You can take impressive videos on the newest iPhones. These recordings often result in crisp footage that you are proud to share.
Sometimes, iPhone clips become blurry due to excessive motion or other problems. Thankfully, you can learn how to unblur a video on iPhone devices. Learn more about the third-party tools and built-in iPhone features to help with this process in the guide below.
The Best Apps to Unblur Videos on iPhone
You can use several apps to learn how to unblur a video on iPhone devices. Two of the best options are in the list below.
Powerdirector is one of the best mobile apps available to learn how to fix blurry video online free iPhone. This video editor offers in-app purchases to further your professional editing techniques.
You can export your videos in 4K resolution on your iPhone, adjusting the frame rate for the highest quality results. Create stunning graphics over your clips by building animated titles and using the green screen editor. You can also use double exposure techniques.
If your video is blurry, you can use the video stabilizer tool. This feature will reduce shaky footage. Your video will appear clear when exporting it back to your iPhone.
How to Use the Video Stabilizer Tool in Powerdirector
Use the video stabilizer tool as shown in the steps below.
- Download Powerdirector from the Apple App Store on your iPhone.
- Open the app and tap “New Project.”
- Choose the aspect ratio you want to use. This setting lets you adjust the orientation of your video.
- Find the video you need to edit in the file folder.
- Click the edit icon on the bottom right corner of the screen. It resembles a pencil.
- Press “Stabilizer” at the bottom of the screen.
- Adjust the motion level to determine how much stabilization you need.
- Export your clip when you finish editing.
- Click “Save to Gallery” to export it to your iPhone.
- The editing process is quick and easy.
- There are several features that let you add graphics and create audio effects.
- Incorporate video transitions to further add effects to your clips.
- The stabilizer tool unblurs your videos in a few seconds.
- Users have reports of software crashes if they add too many effects.
- You need to pay for a subscription if you want to use premium features.
InShot is another powerful tool that lets you export your videos in HD or 4K format. It comes with several professional features to achieve an upscale result.
You can merge and trim videos, adjusting their speed simultaneously. Add music in the InShot library, or upload mp3 files of your own for a unique perspective. There are also several sound effects available in the software program.
Add filters, emojis, and text to your videos if you want unique graphics on the result. You have to sign up for a pro account if you want to remove the watermark on the footage.
How to Use InShot to Unblur Videos
You can learn to fix blurry videos online for free iPhone in InShot. The required steps are in the below list.
- Download InShot from the Apple App Store.
- Open the InShot software and upload the video you want to edit.
- Click on the “Adjust” button.
- Press “Sharpen” at the bottom of the screen.
- Move the slider to the right to increase the intensity of the effect.
- Tap the share icon in the top right corner of the screen. It resembles an upward-facing arrow with a square around it.
- Choose the frame rate and format you want to use and save the video to your iPhone.
- InShot is user-friendly, allowing you to make edits with ease.
- Make basic changes to the color and sharpness of your video in seconds.
- Add effects, stickers, sound effects, and audio in InShot.
- Add transitions between multiple clips.
- InShot does not have some of the advanced features of other editing platforms.
- You cannot add multiple videos on the same track.
- You have to have a subscription to access the premium features.
Adjust iOS Camera Settings for Optimum Quality
Adjusting camera settings can help you learn how to unblur a video on iPhone devices. 4K and HD clips are the highest quality. If you want the file to be smaller, choose “1080p.”
You can also adjust the frame rate in-camera settings. You want 60 fps or higher for the highest quality.
Change the frame rate or format in-camera settings, as shown below. The adjustments will apply to every future video recorded on your device.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Choose the option labeled “Camera.”
- Tap on “Record Video.”
- Choose “1080p,” “HD,” or “4K” for the highest quality format.
- Select 60 fps or higher for the frame rate.
Use the Quick Toggles When Recording
If you have an iPhone XS or later, there are quick toggles in the upper right corner of the screen when recording. Click on these buttons to change the video formatting or frame rate. Again, select at least 60 fps and “1080p” in the list of available options.
Make a Blurry Video Clear on iMovie
If you want to know how to fix blurry videos sent to me, you should use iMovie or one of the third-party apps listed above. iMovie is a built-in video editing app that comes with every iPhone. It is also available on Mac computers.
Change the Format of a Video in iMovie
You can learn how to make a blurry video clear iMovie on iPhone devices by exporting it in a different format. The clip should be a 1080p film at 60 fps.
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Click on “iMovie.”
- Choose “Enable 60 fps Export.”
- Open iMovie and upload the video you want to adjust.
- Click the share icon. It resembles an upward-facing arrow surrounded by an open square.
- Tap “Save Video.”
- The best option available is “HD – 1080p60.”
Use Stabilization on iMovie on a Mac
Stabilization is a feature that is only available on the desktop version of iMovie on a Mac. Airdrop your clips to your computer from your iPhone to start the below steps.
- Open iMovie on your Mac.
- Start a new project and import the clip you sent to your computer.
- Drag and drop the video to the timeline.
- Select the portion of the video that is blurry or shaky.
- Click on the “Adjustment” tab at the top of the screen.
- Press the stabilization icon. It resembles a camcorder with lines on either side of it.
- Wait for the analysis process to begin.
- Check the box next to “Stabilize Shaky Video.”
- Drag the slider to increase the strength of the stabilization.
- Export the video in the format you need.
Tips and Tricks
1. Fix Blurry Videos Sent to You
You may wonder, why are videos sent to me blurry on iPhone devices? Sometimes, these media files get compressed before transfer. Quality gets lost when file size gets smaller. You can use iMovie or one of the two third-party apps above to learn how to fix blurry videos sent to me.
2. Send an Uncompressed Video on an iPhone
Your friends may ask you, “why are videos sent to me blurry on iPhone devices?” These smartphones automatically compress clips, but you can uncompress them.
You can send an uncompressed video by uploading it to your iCloud account first. Send your loved ones the link to the iCloud file to avoid excessive blurriness.
3. Record in 4K for the Best Resolution
New iPhones allow you to record in HD or 4K formatting. You can access these options in the “Settings” app.
Click on the “Camera” option in the “Settings” app. Tap “Record Video” to find formatting and frame rate options. Choose “4K” or “HD” on the list.
Unblur a Video on an iPhone
You now know how to unblur a video on iPhone devices. You can start by adjusting the resolution of your footage in-camera settings. Choose at least “1080p” and 60 fps.
If you want to perform additional editing, upload your clips to iMovie. Export them in “1080p60” to get the highest quality.
There are also third-party apps for more precise editing. Download PowerDirector or InShot to stabilize any of your blurry videos.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence