How to Use Doordash Credit
DoorDash became more popular than ever before during the height of the pandemic. Many individuals still use these food delivery services when working long hours or without a vehicle.
If you are a frequent DoorDash user, you may wonder if you can ever get a discount. Thankfully, you can earn credits toward your future orders.
You can learn how to find these discounts in the below article. The guide will also help you discover how to use DoorDash credit.
How to Use DoorDash Credit? Step-by-Step
This guide will show you how to fill DoorDash accounts with credits. You will learn to find and use them to pay for your meals.
Understanding DoorDash Credits
Before reading this article, you may wonder, “What are DoorDash credits?” These benefits function as a discount code or gift card.
DoorDash credits automatically apply to your order. They cover the food items you want to order through the company.
You cannot redeem your DoorDash credits for cash. They are not shareable between accounts. You also cannot use DoorDash credits towards alcohol or gratuity.
How to Get DoorDash Credits
Now that you can answer “What are DoorDash credits?” you may wonder how to get them. Who doesn’t want free food?
You can use several methods to get DoorDash credits on your account, as shown in the below section.
Use Discount Codes
The first method for learning how to use DoorDash credit on your DoorDash account is to find a discount code. You can apply the promotion to your order at checkout.
Coupons Slick Deals
One of the best websites you can use to find a DoorDash discount code is Coupons Slick Deals. The steps below will help you with finding a promotion.
- Go to www.coupons.slickdeals.net on your computer or mobile browser.
- Find the search bar at the top of the page.
- Type “DoorDash” and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Scroll through the list of available discount codes.
- Press “Get Coupon Code.”
- Click “Copy and Apply Now” to save the promotional code to your keyboard.
You can click “Add to Chrome” if you use that browser. The free extension will automatically search for DoorDash coupon codes when on the DoorDash website.
How to Apply a Discount Code on Your DoorDash Order
DoorDash promotional credits will not automatically apply to your order. You have to manually add them by following the below steps.
- Find the restaurant where you want to place an order.
- Add food to your cart.
- Tap “View Cart.”
- Find the “Promo Code” section.
- Paste the code you copied above.
- Tap “Done” and finish checking out.
There are several discount websites you can use as a DoorDash credit hack. Some of the best options to find coupon codes are below.
Giving Assistant provides digital coupons that they claim “actually work.” The deal will automatically copy to your keyboard, or you can click on the provided link.
Use Giving Assistant to secure DoorDash Credits by following the below steps.
- Go to www.givingassistant.org on a mobile or desktop browser.
- Look for the search bar and type “DoorDash.”
- Press “Enter” on your keyboard and wait for the results to load.
- You will see the “Popular” and “Current” sections on the webpage.
- Find a coupon you want to test out on your DoorDash order.
- Press “Reveal Deal.”
- You will automatically go to the DoorDash website if there is no code required. Otherwise, the promotion will automatically save to your keyboard.
If you get a specific coupon code, you must add it manually to your DoorDash account.
RetailMeNot is one of the most popular discount websites. It is available as a mobile app, but the required steps are similar to the above options. There is also a Google Chrome extension that automatically detects DoorDash discounts.
- Open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your Android or iPhone.
- Download RetailMeNot.
- Open the app and stay on the home page.
- Click on the search bar and type “DoorDash.”
- Look at the list of potential discounts.
- Click on the discount you want to use to reveal the coupon code.
Again, you will manually put the coupon code into your DoorDash order.
Finally, you can use Hot Deals with the process of learning how to use DoorDash credit. This website separates deals and coupon codes. You can simplify the process by using the search bar, as seen in the below steps.
- Go to www.hotdeals.com on your browser of choice.
- Click on the search bar and enter “DoorDash.”
- You will see an “All,” “Codes,” and “Deals” tab.
- Click on one of the three above tabs to find a promotion.
- Press “Get Codes” on the “Codes” tab. You will copy the promotion, pasting it manually into your DoorDash order later.
- Click “Click to Save” on the promotion on the “Deals” tab.
DoorDash has a Friends and Family Referral Program. You and your loved ones will receive credits for your future orders.
There are specific standards your referrals must meet to receive the credits, as shown below.
- The referral must be a new customer with no previous DoorDash account.
- The referral has to use your referral link to sign up for their account.
- The referral has to place an order that meets a minimum purchase amount.
After your referral places their order, you should receive a confirmation order. The credits will load on your account shortly after. You can only refer 25 people to this program.
Another DoorDash credit hack involves taking surveys. These questionnaires provide you with a discount code or deal to use on your next order.
Swagbucks is one of the best survey websites you can use to earn DoorDash credits. You can redeem your points for DoorDash gift cards or discount codes. Use the steps below to get started with Swagbucks!
- Go to www.swagbucks.com.
- Press “Sign Up” and provide your email and password.
- Complete surveys, play games or watch advertisements to earn points.
- Click on “Settings.”
- Go to “Redeem SB.”
- Choose the DoorDash reward you want. You will need 4,750 points to get a $50 gift card, for example.
- Press “Claim a Gift Card.”
- Confirm your contact information.
Inbox Dollars will give you a $65 credit on your DoorDash account if you sign up through their website. This program is available as a mobile app or website. The below steps apply to the latter option.
- Go to www.inboxdollars.com on your browser.
- Click on “Sign Up for Free.”
- Provide your email and password.
- Click on “Offers.”
- Find the “DoorDash” option.
- Press “Earn $65.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up for your account.
MyOpinion is another survey website you can use to learn how to get a DoorDash credit refund. You will complete questionnaires to earn points to redeem for cash.
When you earn enough points, you can redeem them for gift cards. Choose the DoorDash option to receive credits on your account.
When you open DoorDash, you will find that specific restaurants have available deals. Click on one of those offers to receive free delivery or 10% off your order, for example.
You can also contact a restaurant directly to determine if they have any delivery deals. Most will encourage you to browse DoorDash, but some may give you a discount code.
Use a Browser Add-On
This article already mentioned several browser add-ons you can use for DoorDash credits. One other worth mentioning in this article is Honey.
You will go to the website linked above to add Honey to Google Chrome. The shopping assistant will automatically apply discounts to your DoorDash account.
How to Use a DoorDash Credit
Finally, it is time for the final step of learning how to use DoorDash credit. You should first check your account to determine how much you can afford.
You can use the below steps to check your DoorDash credits.
- Open the DoorDash app and click on the menu.
- Press “Payments.”
- You will see any DoorDash credits on your account.
Save the DoorDash Credit for Later
DoorDash will automatically load the credits to your order. You can save them for later by choosing a credit card instead. Click on the “Payment Information” section to change the details.
Keep Track of Expiring Credits
After you learn how to use DoorDash credit, you may wonder how long you have access to them. Most of the time, they only last for six months. Keep track of your credits to know when they expire.
Get a Credit Refund
If something is wrong with your order, seek out a DoorDash credit refund. The customer service team will give you your money back.
Looking for a DoorDash Credit Hack?
Finally, you can use Zouton as a DoorDash credit hack. You have to check the website frequently, but they have the best deals on this list.
How Long Does It Take to Get DoorDash Credits?
You will receive your DoorDash credits immediately. You can apply them to your next order.
Remember, DoorDash credits do not work for tips or alcohol. You have to have another payment method to show appreciation to your driver. You can also provide them with cash.
Why Did I Get a DoorDash Credit?
DoorDash will sometimes offer credits if you brought another customer to the app. If a friend or family member uses your link, you will receive some money to use towards your next order.
DoorDash will also place credits on your account if something is wrong with your order. Contact them if you have any issues.
Ho Do You Use Your Card Instead of Credits DoorDash?
You can use your card instead of your DoorDash credits at any time. Click on the “Payment Information” section to adjust your payment type.
You can save your credits for later, but they only last for up to six months. Always remember the expiration date to avoid running out of your credits.
Do Dashers Get in Trouble for Missing Items?
Sometimes dashers get in trouble if there are issues with an order. The customer service team will contact them to determine what happened.
If the issue is the dasher’s fault, they risk account deactivation. If the restaurant is wrong, nothing will happen to the driver.
Use DoorDash Credits
This article showed you how to use DoorDash credit on your DoorDash account. You have to find the discounts first.
You can visit a survey website to redeem points towards a DoorDash gift card. Provide your referral code to your friends and family members to get credits on your order. Finally, you can visit deal websites and use browser extensions to apply coupon codes to your DoorDash account.
DoorDash will automatically apply any credits to your account. If you do not want to use them, switch out your payment information. Remember, your credits expire after six months.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence